ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread

Greenway4Prez

HR Legend
Jan 10, 2005
I appear to be one of the few who doesn’t hate the Lester hire. So, I’m going to put out my predictions for this year’s offense and eat some crow if it doesn’t happen.

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
- Finish better than 75th in FEI Off. Efficiency
- Win 10 regular season games

I appear to be one of the few who doesn’t hate the Lester hire. So, I’m going to put out my predictions for this year’s offense and eat some crow if it doesn’t happen.

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
22 ppg
100th-ranked offense
Win 9 regular-season games, one of which is won by offense for the first time in forever.

Utilize the pistol, get the ball out quick to WRs, let QBs run. Utilize the pistol, get the ball out quick to WRs, let QBs run. Utilize the pistol, get the ball out quick to WRs, let QBs run.

22 ppg
100th-ranked offense
Win 9 regular-season games, one of which is won by offense for the first time in forever.

Utilize the pistol, get the ball out quick to WRs, let QBs run. Utilize the pistol, get the ball out quick to WRs, let QBs run. Utilize the pistol, get the ball out quick to WRs, let QBs run.
If you win, I’ll buy you a beer and deliver it to you in a halter-top. See what I did there, eh??

Reactions: Thunderlips71

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
It is much too early to specifically predict IMO, too many unknowns ... but I will say that I expect more ypg and more scoring for no other reason than tendencies will change. Iowa had the most predictable offense in college football under BF. It will (hopefully) be nice to see an offense operate without 7-8 opposing players stacked on the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: shudaddy
Honestly know Kirk unless Deacon transfers out we will see him again next season when Cade get injured again. Deacon gives us the best chance to win remember.
So I'm feeling a rinse and repeat of last season with maybe 7 wins

friends sleep GIF

to watch

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
I really hope you’re right.

Lester will likely be a significant upgrade no matter how you slice it. At this point, I just really question Kirk’s judgment on about everything related to offense. And if Budmayr does indeed take over WRs, I just don’t know what to think.

I will say this: if Iowa does score 27 points/game, and @pistachio1999 can arrange it, I will line up at midfield to kiss Kirk’s ass.

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
Lester was hired? Says who? Where? When?

Reactions: desihawk

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
I have no idea where the offense will be but if Cade stays healthy, I think they will win nine or ten games. If Cade gets hurt or misses games, all bets are off.

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
If we get that kind of scoring with our defense,I can see winning 10 games. I hope like hell we see the RPO utilized.

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
🤞. If that happens, then great. I hope fans aren't pulling against him being successful. That would be weird, wrong, whatever. But, I don't think that is what is going on. It's more, why him, why this late in the process, is he the best Kirk could find? Even your opening sentence speaks to that. It's not, I love this hire; It's, I don't hate this hire.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I have no idea where the offense will be but if Cade stays healthy, I think they will win nine or ten games. If Cade gets hurt or misses games, all bets are off.
cade may be our qb but at this point i don’t think his health or lack thereof will make a difference to W-L. no matter what we aren’t going to put all eggs in that basket.

Reactions: squeezebox
Cade will not be running plays with the team until summer practice, let's just hope Marco is getting the #1 reps this spring.

Reactions: NevadaHawk

I think we:

- Score 27 PPG
i think you’ve hit the nail on the head on all your points. very good chance lester makes a lot of critics eat their words, he’s much much better than what the casual fan thinks. i’m actually thinking kirk might’ve uncovered a coaching bob sanders.

cade may be our qb but at this point i don’t think his health or lack thereof will make a difference to W-L. no matter what we aren’t going to put all eggs in that basket.
At this point, we are absolutely putting all our eggs in the Cade basket, even more so than last year. We brought in Cade and Deacon last offseason. We now know that Deacon cannot be QB1, barring something dramatic. We didn’t know that at this point last year. Iowa is going into the season in a much worse spot at quarterback than last year. Maybe Marco becomes the backup, but our brilliant offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach didn’t think he was better than Deacon last season. He also didn’t give Marco a chance.

Last edited:
Cade will not be running plays with the team until summer practice, let's just hope Marco is getting the #1 reps this spring.
I assume he can take shot gun snaps and throw. He had been doing that later this last fall in shorts. Just absolutely no contact and probably no quick change of direction type running.

At this point, we are absolutely putting all our eggs in the Cade basket, even more so than last year. We brought in Cade and Deacon last offseason. We now know that Deacon cannot be QB1, barring something dramatic. We didn’t know that at this point last year. Iowa is going into the season in a much worse spot at quarterback than last year.
last year we lost cade during the season after putting all eggs in his basket. this year everyone and their dog knows the high likelihood of that situation going in. also both lainez and fatboy have seen live action. i think we will be much better off this year both prep and skill wise even with same personnel

I assume he can take shot gun snaps and throw. He had been doing that later this last fall in shorts. Just absolutely no contact and probably no quick change of direction type running.
His surgery was late October. The recovery alone is 4-6 months, just to get back to athletic action. That puts him ready to resume training at the earliest in March. This is assuming everything is going insanely well. None of this is to mention any set backs and re-strengthening that leg. I honestly don't want to see him back in action until May.

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
honestly finishing in the top 100 would be a vast improvement from the last 3 seasons
It sucks because a 30+ spot jump in any ranking is huge but it shows how far the offense has cratered that being in the top 100 would be something to warrant having a parade down Melrose over.

• Sad
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Top 90 offense.
9 wins.

In the conversation for the playoff, but ultimately miss out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT