ADVERTISEMENT

Press release on Iowa's 5 signees for men's basketball

That's what alot of Iowa State fans including me were saying about the 2019 Class for ISU. Now look at that Class only half is still in Ames. Imo to be a successful program in the P6 level you have to constantly be bringing in at least 2 kids in the Top 150 Nationally to stay relevant. In recruiting you can't afford to have missed especially in the Big 12 or B1G. Just look at Iowa State's 2020 Class. Top 15 Class, and Best Class in ISU History is still only good enough for #5 in the Big 12. No way around it the 2020 Class for Iowa is not good.

According to whom, is the ISU class a Top 15 class?

According to whom, is the ISU class a Top 15 class?
247 Composit had them at 14 on signing day and they went down to #15 not long after. I had not looked for a few days now they have dropped to #17.

Last edited:
Yes I did last season and I do believe I addressed that in the comment you replied to. I as a Cyclone fan drank all the kool aid there was for the 2019 class and some Hawk fans are doing the same and like me they will be wrong and disappointed. As for Iowa State falling I don't think they will much before everything is said and done. I do think Walker and Blackwell can both jump up to 4 stars again.
I haven't seen more than MAYBE one or two hawk fans say they are happy with this class. I'll actually back that up, to say, I guarantee NO hawk fans run to the ISU site to let them know how good they think it is. It is not a good class, and like I said, stop saying top 15 class for ISU, it just sounds silly.

247 Composit had them at 14 on signing day and they went down to #15 not long after. I had not looked for a few days now they have dropped to #17.
Their average recruit ranking is 55th! What makes you think Walker can jump 140 spots in the rankings to be a four star? Weird. With that being said, who the hell knows how well any of these guys will turn out. Lewis was top 150, blah. Bohannon was 312, he's been great. Nunge was rated higher than both Touissant and CJF, not sure about that now. Haliburton was clearly way to low.

I haven't seen more than MAYBE one or two hawk fans say they are happy with this class. I'll actually back that up, to say, I guarantee NO hawk fans run to the ISU site to let them know how good they think it is. It is not a good class, and like I said, stop saying top 15 class for ISU, it just sounds silly.
Relax up untill u you said something and I went and looked I thought they still were. They are also only 0.72 points away from the Top 15 again.

Last edited:
Their average recruit ranking is 55th! What makes you think Walker can jump 140 spots in the rankings to be a four star? Weird. With that being said, who the hell knows how well any of these guys will turn out. Lewis was top 150, blah. Bohannon was 312, he's been great. Nunge was rated higher than both Touissant and CJF, not sure about that now. Haliburton was clearly way to low.
Walker was a damn near Top 50 player just last March and this past summer he was still a 4 Star. I'm not sure why he fell in the rankings but something happened. If he has a good season stat wise it's not crazy to think he can jump back up to a 4 Star rank.

Walker was a damn near Top 50 player just last March and this past summer he was still a 4 Star. I'm not sure why he fell in the rankings but something happened. If he has a good season stat wise it's not crazy to think he can jump back up to a 4 Star rank.

Kind of proves the thought that after you get past the Top 40 or so players, the rankings are kind of a crapshoot.

Reactions: onionman1
My complaint with the class is simply Iowa is looking for all of them to be diamonds in the ruff so to speak. I wouldn't be as concerned had Iowa signed like 3 really solid guys and then too one lower rated guy. This class it seems, we are going for a lot just to stay afloat. I hope like heck that Fran hits on at least 3 of these.

ISU down to 18th today.
Walkers only other major offers were Ga Tech, Wake Forest, and Miss St. He's the 49th ranked PG, ranked right behind Ulis. I think you're drinking the Kool-Aid again. He could be a good player, yes. However, every single player could have a great year and jump up into the top 100, by your logic. Here is a good story on Walker that talks about how he was a fringe high major prospect this last spring.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ommits-ole-miss-tyrese-haliburton/2340249001/

ISU down to 18th today.
Walkers only other major offers were Ga Tech, Wake Forest, and Miss St. He's the 49th ranked PG, ranked right behind Ulis. I think you're drinking the Kool-Aid again. He could be a good player, yes. However, every single player could have a great year and jump up into the top 100, by your logic. Here is a good story on Walker that talks about how he was a fringe high major prospect this last spring.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ommits-ole-miss-tyrese-haliburton/2340249001/
I might be. I need to chill on my kool aid drinking. He is a pretty good shooter and we will need it next season. But he has stayed pretty solid at his current ranking so he is probably what he is now.

I might be. I need to chill on my kool aid drinking. He is a pretty good shooter and we will need it next season. But he has stayed pretty solid at his current ranking so he is probably what he is now.
Again, he could be great, who really knows. Had he committed to Iowa, this board would be unhappy with him.

Again, he could be great, who really knows. Had he committed to Iowa, this board would be unhappy with him.
Iowa State fans have come the realization that a PG Steve Prohm brings in will be good. But a few years ago ISU Fans would be pissed too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT