ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty sure everyone needs to see this.

If the topic isn’t re-hashing Covid angst from 4 years ago or pics of female Olympic athletes in short shorts, nobody “needs” to see shit, good sir.

Caught this Sunday. Wife and I were pretty awed.

Granted, it comes with overly optimistic thoughts from the doctors on their work.

The addiction stuff I’m a little less sold on as being more Placebo.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
They’re targeting very specific neuro segments with ultrasonic rays and seeing noticeable scan progression and lessened (anecdotal) symptoms in trial patients
Trial patients for what? Sorry to ask you, but the OP failed miserably. I assume he's high again.

• Haha
Reactions: Jedhawk77
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Trial patients for what? Sorry to ask you, but the OP failed miserably. I assume he's high again.

What? And no. How can you not support this research?

are-you-high-steel-magnolias.gif

I think you're high, or need to be. It's in the video and his next post.
Title: Pretty sure everyone needs to see this.
Text of the first post: I"d love MDs and scientists to throw in their opinions.
He lost me after that.

I'd love for MDs and Scientists to throw in their opinion

Only part way into the video here - is he using the US to weaken the blood-brain-barrier and allow more medicine uptake to target the plaques?

If that's the deal, seems plausible if you can target w/ the US safely.
US has been used for lots of stuff (even thermal ablation, which is referred to as HIFU - high intensity focused ultrasound).

Would be curious if the US actually works to allow more of the target drugs into the areas that the plaques accumulate, and if that plaque breakdown then helps delay symptom progression.

Early Alzheimer’s treatment

Video (after the overly long ads) was 60 minutes segment of essentially this article

Much more useful than a 26 min video- It does appear they are using ultrasound (US) to make the blood-brain barrier more permeable to the drugs delivered intravenously.

That's a neat idea, although an expensive one for treating individual patients. If it works, then it demonstrates the drugs approved CAN delay Alzheimers if they can come up w/ a way to get them through the B-B barrier more effectively and w/o needing an MRI and US therapy. Anything that requires MRI use as a 'treatment' - particularly if that is an ongoing, regular, treatment will not remotely be cost-effective.

Comparing to neurostim w/ Parkinson's is not a good apples-apples here.

Neurostimulation works well, and once you do the surgery and put in the implant, your treatment is easy and no new interventions.

If this US drug delivery requires MRI and repeated US treatments every time you're infused w/ the drug, that's $1000s spent "per treatment", and you have to keep treating to delay progression.

If it work, good "proof of concept" that the drug formulations CAN be effective, but they will need a more cost-effective delivery method to bypass the B-B barrier to bring this to "average" people.

Comparing to neurostim w/ Parkinson's is not a good apples-apples here.

Neurostimulation works well, and once you do the surgery and put in the implant, your treatment is easy and no new interventions.

If this US drug delivery requires MRI and repeated US treatments every time you're infused w/ the drug, that's $1000s spent "per treatment", and you have to keep treating to delay progression.

If it work, good "proof of concept" that the drug formulations CAN be effective, but they will need a more cost-effective delivery method to bypass the B-B barrier to bring this to "average" people.
Dude has never seen a pitch he couldn't hit.

At 6 min in the video, treating the tremor was a "HIFU" thing - they "ablated" the neurons responsible for the tremor.

That is a 1-time treatment and doubt it is a recurring treatment; that is "cost effective", as it may have cured the guy of his tremor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT