ADVERTISEMENT

Proud Boys and Oath Keepers

I doubt they will find an internal connection between Trump and the two groups besides social media and the debate.

A high-ranking member of the Proud Boys told the January 6 panel that membership in the organization "tripled" after former President Donald Trump told them to "stand back and stand by."

Trump made the comments during a debate in September 2020. The former president was asked to disavow white supremacist groups and urge them to "stand down." But instead of doing so, Trump said: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by."

A clip of an interview with Proud Boys member Jeremy Bertino aired during the televised January 6 hearings on Thursday night. He said Trump's comments were a watershed moment for the group.

Bertino was asked if the number of Proud Boys members increased specifically after Trump's comments.

Reactions: TheCainer
I doubt they will find an internal connection between Trump and the two groups besides social media and the debate.

A high-ranking member of the Proud Boys told the January 6 panel that membership in the organization "tripled" after former President Donald Trump told them to "stand back and stand by."

Trump made the comments during a debate in September 2020. The former president was asked to disavow white supremacist groups and urge them to "stand down." But instead of doing so, Trump said: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by."

A clip of an interview with Proud Boys member Jeremy Bertino aired during the televised January 6 hearings on Thursday night. He said Trump's comments were a watershed moment for the group.

Bertino was asked if the number of Proud Boys members increased specifically after Trump's comments.
He actually said it grew exponentially before he said it tripled which I found a little humorous in a "I still remember a little bit of math" way

Don't the Proud Boys provide security at Trump rallies?

Trumpers and far right racist groups seem to go hand-in-hand.
Oath Keepers hang around Joni's events. Or, they used to. I doubt she is smart enough to have cut ties with them. He base would be upset if she distanced herself from the insurrection.

Trump et al conspired with these 2 groups to attack the capitol. Trump himself then beat the drums of war via Twitter and his speech on 1/6 to send folks up the hill providing his co-conspirators cover. It really is that simple.
As Trump spoke, teams of insurrectionists from the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers marched on the Capitol. They remained organized, and acted in coordination. The video put out showing Rhodes and Tarrio meeting on 1/5 suggests to me that the 1/6 Committee has more to show just how organized and coordinated the attack was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT