ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: #24 Iowa @ #12 Texas. SEC Network. UPDATE: #18 Wake Forest home tonight.

Quite a while ago. She helped Arsenal win the English League Cup last season, scored a big goal for Canada in the Olympics, and just accepted a big money transfer to Utah Royals of the NWSL. Played her first NWSL match in a win last night.
Thank you. For some reason I thought she was still a junior. Lol.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Did you see Bush’s goal against Colorado College last weekend? WOW.

Also, here are the final stats in a really solid road draw. Outside backs and Enneking were excellent. Just one rebound given up and ZERO corners for Texas. Otto and Ingles with the best shots on goal too…

I didn’t realize that Texas is where Mia Justus landed.
Solid game, Iowa.

They mentioned her time with the ‘Noles. Says something about your program that she’s set multiple Texas records.
Yeah, she couldn’t ever quite win the top spot between the pipes for FSU. Brian Penske has been a bit more liberal in subbing at goal, but Mark Krikorian mostly went all game with a single keeper.
I don’t remember stats, but Mia was solid in limited minutes for us.
Here’s hoping for a strong showing this year by the Hawks!

Why isn't this on regular BTN. Ridiculous
Labor Day has nothing live on BTN. Maybe also don’t want to compete with USC’s conference debut on TV at the same time? And in their defense, no one expected Wake to have quite the season they’ve been having.

Wake is solid. Go Hawks!!

They absolutely are. About to head out after Caitlin Clark and the Fever are done. Beautiful late summer evening with sunshine and a fall breeze to cut the heat,

Ten minutes before KO. Dillani honored for win -#100 over perennial tournament team Florida Gulf Coast. Fourth best winning percentage of any D1 coach. Fantastic at a place like Iowa. Okay, done jinxing us tonight. This is number 20 versus number 25 according to the writers, and number 18 versus number 30 according to the coaches. Would be a huge win for our tournament résumé!

Camel toe up!

Digging those shorts

And with a couple of Iowa girls on the roster!

I can tell you that I'm glad I no longer have to coach against Sofia Bush and Abby Warner (who has single handedly ended our season two of her four years at Pella).

Thank you. For some reason I thought she was still a junior. Lol.

Nice draw ladies

HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN! Down goes #18 Wake Forest, and it could have been MUCH worse. We had one scored that got pulled back for a marginal offside, a breakaway denied by a terrible call, a terrible no-handball call that robbed us a PK, and Maya Hansen beat the keeper but went off the inside of the post.

Last edited:
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN! Down goes #18 Wake Forest, and it could have been MUCH worse. We had one scored that got pulled back for a marginal offside, a breakaway denied by a terrible call, a terrible no-handball call that robbed us a PK, and Maya Hansen beat the keeper but went off the inside of the post.

We could have been sitting right next to each other tonight... except I wasn't paying attention because my kids were crazy and I had a fantasy draft.

Nothing Wake did was too worrisome minus a good ball on the back post but the girl had a terrible volley. It was a beautiful night, great opportunities like you mentioned.*

*I missed the handball but EVERYONE was complaining. There were two offside calls and a foul along the side Iowa was attacking in the 2nd half that I wouldn't even say were questionable, just flat wrong.

• Love
We could have been sitting right next to each other tonight... except I wasn't paying attention because my kids were crazy and I had a fantasy draft.

Nothing Wake did was too worrisome minus a good ball on the back post but the girl had a terrible volley. It was a beautiful night, great opportunities like you mentioned.*

*I missed the handball but EVERYONE was complaining. There were two offside calls and a foul along the side Iowa was attacking in the 2nd half that I wouldn't even say were questionable, just flat wrong.
They really need to expand capacity. A 1000 seater doesn’t cut it anymore. Crowd overflows every weekend now. But I won’t complain too much because at free admission, it is the best sports deal in eastern Iowa.

PS - I have an active 10 year old at most games. She went to the South Dakota game with me, but not tonight. She always finds some kids to play with there.

They really need to expand capacity. A 1000 seater doesn’t cut it anymore. Crowd overflows every weekend now. But I won’t complain too much because at free admission, it is the best sports deal in eastern Iowa.

PS - I have an active 10 year old at most games. She went to the South Dakota game with me, but not tonight. She always finds some kids to play with there.

Yeah mine were playing with another girl. There were Hawks from another girls team laughing at my kids running around with pencils in their hands, screaming, throwing water bottles and of course, tackling. I had to leave with 10 min left. I wasn't going to let them annoy everyone any longer.

We were laughing that high school soccer games are mostly $5. Heck, I coach our junior high team (since it's in the fall) and one of our opponents are charging this year... for junior freaking high.

I’m not sure I could watch women’s soccer even if every player was naked.

Cool. Seems like it was totally worth your time to read and post in this thread. If you are really an "insane Hawk" I figured you would be happy that Iowa has another nationally ranked program (or will be again) in a sport that almost every school in the country has.

Cool. Seems like it was totally worth your time to read and post in this thread. If you are really an "insane Hawk" I figured you would be happy that Iowa has another nationally ranked program (or will be again) in a sport that almost every school in the country has.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Also sorry if you’re someone who believes that soccer is even remotely entertaining. It’s more boring than baseball, and that’s saying something. Of course that’s just my opinion, which will never change, but if you want to have a back and forth, I’m game.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Also sorry if you’re someone who believes that soccer is even remotely entertaining. It’s more boring than baseball, and that’s saying something. Of course that’s just my opinion, which will never change, but if you want to have a back and forth, I’m game.

Nah, I'm just curious why you wasted your time reading/ posting in a thread about a sport you hate that's celebrating the school you like having success? Why do you care that we like soccer? Just didn't seem like normal behavior for an adult.

No feelings hurt. Soccer fans in the Midwest are made fun of all the time. Just odd... it's like Nebraska fans or Iowa St. fans that live on this board to make sure they are heard.

Right, right, right. Your feelings weren’t hurt at all. You go on supporting a sport that’s as unpopular as the long line at OP’s mom’s house. I’ll go on reiterating how boring soccer is to watch. Obviously it’s JMHO, but if you want to drag this out, let’s do it.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
#PicsThatGoHard

GWcPDhXWgAQewHD

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Right, right, right. Your feelings weren’t hurt at all. You go on supporting a sport that’s as unpopular as the long line at OP’s mom’s house. I’ll go on reiterating how boring soccer is to watch. Obviously it’s JMHO, but if you want to drag this out, let’s do it.

Nah, last post since you didn't answer my question either time. Why did you take YOUR time to open this thread and post here? I'm legit asking cause I'm curious.

I don't care that you don't like soccer. You aren't the first or the 5000th person I've encountered who have hated soccer. If my feelings got hurt that easily I wouldn't be an Iowa fan :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT