ADVERTISEMENT

PSA - Band of Brothers Marathon On

Haven't seen Band of Brothers in years. I thought there was more time building up before D-Day. But they were able to get a lot information into short period of time. Really outstanding pacing to a great story.

Reactions: franklinman
And once again, as soon as I turn it on, I will watch until the end.

The only saving grave is it’s on AMC so you can turn during the commercials and I don’t know how many more times I can watch the liberation of the concentration camp episode.

Been watching all day between a few errands here and there. Never gets old. This is the first time seeing it since visiting Omaha and Utah beaches and seeing the rally point in at the church in Saint Marie Du-mont. After being there and the American cemetery it hits different.

This is a replica of the Cobra King, a famous Sherman "Jumbo" that fought successfully in Bastogne. Only 254 Jumbos were produced. Their armor was thickened significantly on the front and sides of the hull, turret and transmission covers. They also had new mantlets that offered superior protection. Some were eventually fitted with the 76 mm high velocity main gun, as is seen on this tank. Even after these upgrades, they still weren't up to the level of the German Tigers, but they were far better and stood a fighting chance. These were good tanks!

The only saving grave is it’s on AMC so you can turn during the commercials and I don’t know how many more times I can watch the liberation of the concentration camp episode.
There are a ton of commercials, that's true. And yeah, that episode is a tough one. It's up next and I may watch the Stars game instead.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT