ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue should be down by 25

ichawks

HB All-American
Dec 31, 2002
They have to be shooting in the teen's. 2 of 20 from 3.
shock.r191677.gif
Rebounds are saving them.
This post was edited on 3/19 8:07 PM by ichawks

just goes to show that shooting the 3 is not what it is cracked up to be. Purdue 51-49 2 minutes 6 seconds to go.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

just goes to show that shooting the 3 is not what it is cracked up to be. Purdue 51-49 2 minutes 6 seconds to go.
ISU proved that.

They missed every open shot possible at the end of ot. They deserve to lose.

Originally posted by hawkeye ball:
Drive to the hoop young fella!!!! Pull up three to lose.
One of the announcers said you couldn't get much better of a look... huh!? Drive to the hoop, you had enough time and were only down 1.

Originally posted by like-woahh:
3-21 from 3 when you have two centers they can't match up with. I don't get it.
Me either, Hammond scores their first 4 points of OT and then essentially doesn't see the ball again.

Originally posted by fecal particulate:
Originally posted by hawkeye ball:
Drive to the hoop young fella!!!! Pull up three to lose.
One of the announcers said you couldn't get much better of a look... huh!? Drive to the hoop, you had enough time and were only down 1.
I thought he had a few seconds to get to the hoop and maybe win it or draw a foul.....tough loss.

And he was kind of hesitant coming down the court. Ball was just about on the rim when the light came on. Would have liked to see him go coast to coast and look for contact.

missed FT cost Purdue, up by 7, 44.5 seconds to go in regulation. oh well it still shows what is truly important and that is FT shooting, 34 seconds to go Purdue up by one and the Cincinnati coach goes all in a making Purdue shoot FT's, this is a case of letting teams decide to either shoot the FT's or keep possession of the ball.

Make teams that are down learn how to play defense,

Mathias had his defender up in the air...could've easily pumped faked and drew the 3 FTs. Why did he pass away?

Also, if you watch the last shot sequence, the defender literally put Hammons in a bear hug to prevent him from an offensive rebound. It looked like they were slow dancing to "Always and Forever" by Heatwave.

Purdue had a tough shooting day and didn't take the game when they had it (up by 7 with around a minute to go), but they sure didn't get any breaks. Until Cincy started fouling on purpose, there was a huge free throw discrepancy in favor of Cincy. I was surprised Davis pooped his pants down the stretch, because he has been nails for Purdue for the past few months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT