ADVERTISEMENT

Question on how Biden drops out, if it happens

noleclone2

HB Legend
May 4, 2015
Has anyone done the research on what scenario is the best as far as ensuring the GOP can’t really pull too many tricks as far as trying to prevent a non Biden-Harris ticket from being on a state ballot? Here are the two paths I see:

1. Biden withdraws from race and steps aside for new ticket to be picked at convention but stays as lame duck president or;
  2. Biden resigns as president due to health and Harris is sworn in and named the first woman president and new ticket to be picked at convention
  3. Name your best other option

For me it is 2, I think.

To start with, I feel a president resigning for health reasons gives a lot more of a lock for the ticket picked at convention being on all ballots, protecting from the GOP doing their GOP stuff and trying to prevent new ticket being on red state ballots. The alternative of staying president and dropping out, even though winning the primary basically because he can’t win, seems more susceptible to challenges. Plus if you admit you are too old for the campaign you almost have to admit you are too old to serve out term. It may also engender more sympathy.

Additionally, I feel the first woman president, also a black woman, will fire up the base. This also gives her a few weeks of testing out how she does as president since it really seems the path of least resistance is Harris as the nominee. Her arse needs to be on TV doing president stuff and campaigning 24/7. Conversely, if she flubs the opportunity and is not seemingly ready, it opens up the convention and gives the reason why as is not on ticket. Her place in history would still be great.

Finally, here is the most importantly reason I think it should happen, because it would be ****ing hilarious: it makes all the Trump 47 merchandise completely worthless. Heck, even the Trump Agenda 47 would have to be changed. It would be awesome.

Last edited:
4d5cfcb801a16f76e11c0d92ea145705f2531f278c06b3b8f10520be74eec6d1.png

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Has anyone done the research on what scenario is the best as far as ensuring the GOP can’t really pull too many tricks as far as trying to prevent a non Biden-Harris ticket from being on a state ballot? Here are the two paths I see:

1. Biden withdraws from race and steps aside for new ticket to be picked at convention but stays as lame duck president or;
  2. Biden resigns as president due to health and Harris is sworn in and named the first woman president and new ticket to be picked at convention

For me it is 2, I think.

To start with, I feel a president resigning for health reasons gives a lot more of a lock for the ticket picked at convention being on all ballots, protecting from the GOP doing their GOP stuff and trying to prevent new ticket being on red state ballots. The alternative of staying president and dropping out, even though winning the primary basically because he can’t win, seems more susceptible to challenges. Plus if you admit you are too old for the campaign you almost have to admit you are too old to serve out term. It may also engender more sympathy.

Additionally, I feel the first woman president, also a black woman, will fire up the base. This also gives her a few weeks of testing out how she does as president since it really seems the path of least resistance is Harris as the nominee. Her arse needs to be on TV doing president stuff and campaigning 24/7. Conversely, if she flubs the opportunity and is not seemingly ready, it opens up the convention and gives the reason why as is not on ticket. Her place in history would still be great.

Finally, here is the most importantly reason I think it should happen, because it would be ****ing hilarious: it makes all the Trump 47 merchandise completely worthless. Heck, even the Trump Agenda 47 would have to be changed. It would be awesome.
The GOP wants him to drop out. If the Dems pass over the VP it's a hand delivered win to a domestic terrorist. If another candidate is the nominee not only will the Democratic Party be fractured the GOP will sue in key swing States jeopardizing whomever is the nominee ballot acccess. Wake the **** up..

• Love
Reactions: ThirdGamete
The GOP wants him to drop out. If the Dems pass over the VP it's a hand delivered win to a domestic terrorist. If another candidate is the nominee not only will the Democratic Party be fractured the will sue in key swing States jeopardizing whomever is the nominee ballot acccess. Wake the **** up..

Wake the **** up, he has no shot of winning. None. Zero. Zip.

SCOTUS gave Donald the power to commit crimes. What makes anybody think they won't give him the election of Joe drops out? Some of you nerds need to wake up.

• Haha

For me it is 2, I think.

I think it has to be Option #2 because then Trump will have to mass re-produce his campaign clothing/imagery again since Harris will actually become #47.

This would be a masterstroke of genius by the Dems.

61waqD5NgWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I just want him to make a decision. One way or the other. I think Harris is a bigger loser than Biden so if she’s the inevitable choice let’s just get this over with and start the clock on the next four years. Sick of it.

These extended election cycles are just exhausting. Even if you were to TRY to avoid, an informed person can't. It would also mean simply outspending would be harder over a shorter timeframe.

• Love
I just want him to make a decision. One way or the other. I think Harris is a bigger loser than Biden so if she’s the inevitable choice let’s just get this over with and start the clock on the next four years. Sick of it.
Trump casually stated in his rally today this (near word for word): 'when you vote for Biden you're indirectly voting for Harris, because that's just common sense.' i.e. Joe ain't going to make it and everyone knows it.

He's not wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: funksouljon
Trump casually stated in his rally today this (near word for word): 'when you vote for Biden you're indirectly voting for Harris, because that's just common sense.' i.e. Joe ain't going to make it and everyone knows it.

He's not wrong.
Was he wrong when he incited an insurrection at the Capitol on Jan 6th?

That is the larger campaign issue, right?

Was he wrong when he incited an insurrection at the Capitol on Jan 6th?

That is the larger campaign issue, right?
No that's not a campaign issue. That's ancillary fodder the Biden campaign has to use since it's choosing not to run on policy or issues that matter to people.

Voters have to choose between believing left wing media hyperbole or what they actually see and experience with their own eyes. That's what makes this election even close. Well...that and our choices are an asshole or an invalid->Kamala.

For me it is 2, I think.

1. Biden isn’t going to withdraw. Period. End of story. I have been saying this all along.

2. Even if he did, the GOP isn’t going to try and prevent a different ticket from being on the ballot in any states. That’s just stupid and yet another “fear tactic” that is so common in politics.

Joe will be on the ballot and (unless he really goes full vegetable) will almost certainly win.

1. Biden isn’t going to withdraw. Period. End of story. I have been saying this all along.

2. Even if he did, the GOP isn’t going to try and prevent a different ticket from being on the ballot in any states. That’s just stupid and yet another “fear tactic” that is so common in politics.

Joe will be on the ballot and (unless he really goes full vegetable) will almost certainly win.
Lol the GOP was already trying to keep Biden off tickets before the debate. Of course they would try to keep whoever it is off the ticket if it's someone else at this point. Will you morons ever learn there isn't anything the GOP isn't willing to pull. You idiots just continue to act like they will do normal things and can't face the fact the party is evil.

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
No that's not a campaign issue. That's ancillary fodder the Biden campaign has to use since it's choosing not to run on policy or issues that matter to people.

Voters have to choose between believing left wing media hyperbole or what they actually see and experience with their own eyes. That's what makes this election even close. Well...that and our choices are an asshole or an invalid->Kamala.

Thats an absolutely impressive amount of bullshit into one post. I salute you.

0f76a56cd1de4344a097dcd2331b1727.gif

Lol the GOP was already trying to keep Biden off tickets before the debate. Of course they would try to keep whoever it is off the ticket if it's someone else at this point. Will you morons ever learn there isn't anything the GOP isn't willing to pull. You idiots just continue to act like they will do normal things and can't face the fact the party is evil.

• Angry
Reactions: nelly02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT