ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Will the emerging deal with Iran prevent it from....

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Stop being so dumb Natural. Just stop. First off, we have in fact had drafts, more than one as a matter of fact. It also led to
'brutal' military service. Second off, we nuked two entire cities and killed 100's of thousands in a matter of minutes, and even more in a matter of decades through radiation effects.

We have military positioning throughout the entire world. Our technology as you speak of, has the potential to wipeout life on earth. Because of that, we don't have to take over, we just simply say our piece and eventually get what we want. Not to mention we simply don't have the numbers to cover all these countries and 'takeover', so we do it with our technology instead.

Stop being so dumb. Stop worshipping the Government. Start thinking for yourself. Do you know how many casualties came from the Iraq war? How about the the Vietnam war? Did you agree with those wars Natural? What were the reasonings behind those wars?

Try and at least challenge me.

You and your ilk ran away from me once I revealed my credentials in the NN thread. Perhaps you can do better here. So far, it's not looking good.
Dude, if you think the experience under the Vietnam draft was comparable to the experience a Spartan male went through starting at age 7, you might just lack the awareness to even have an intelligent opinion on this topic.

When people use phrases like "The most militant country in the world- in the HISTORY of the world" one normally takes that in stride and realizes that's just hyperbolic rhetoric used for effect. But I had a sneaky suspicion you and strumm really believed your own BS. Thanks for having the grace to play along and expose yourselves.

Oh, and LOL at your NN comment.
Why do you need to train soliders at the age of 7 if you can teach them to fire a gun in a matter of hours? There's not need to train soldiers from the age of 7, because they deal with guns, bombs, technology etc. The age of when this starts has nothing to do with how militant we are. How militant we are has everything to do with how much our actual military engages in warfare.

MILITANT: combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational.

Just because we supposedly do this in 'peaceful' and humane manners, does not take away from the fact that we have brought brutal deaths to millions in this world. You believe the rhetoric, I believe the body counts and destruction we have caused.

Are you to say that we support pushing our political causes in other countries without using violence? Name one country that has reached out as far as we have. How do we NOT the moniker "most militant country in the HISTORY of the world." Who's been invovled in as many wars as we have and been able to have as much control as we have?

This is a new world, and how this is accomplished is complicated and often difficult to comprehend. It's not my fault you don't get it.

If you think pointing out that me and Strumm understand the truth of these things is a bad thing, well then I'm sorry for you.

Stop being so dumb Natural. Just stop. First off, we have in fact had drafts, more than one as a matter of fact. It also led to
'brutal' military service. Second off, we nuked two entire cities and killed 100's of thousands in a matter of minutes, and even more in a matter of decades through radiation effects.

We have military positioning throughout the entire world. Our technology as you speak of, has the potential to wipeout life on earth. Because of that, we don't have to take over, we just simply say our piece and eventually get what we want. Not to mention we simply don't have the numbers to cover all these countries and 'takeover', so we do it with our technology instead.

Stop being so dumb. Stop worshipping the Government. Start thinking for yourself. Do you know how many casualties came from the Iraq war? How about the the Vietnam war? Did you agree with those wars Natural? What were the reasonings behind those wars?

You and your ilk ran away from me once I revealed my credentials in the NN thread. Perhaps you can do better here. So far, it's not looking good.
Dude, if you think the experience under the Vietnam draft was comparable to the experience a Spartan male went through starting at age 7, you might just lack the awareness to even have an intelligent opinion on this topic.

When people use phrases like "The most militant country in the world- in the HISTORY of the world" one normally takes that in stride and realizes that's just hyperbolic rhetoric used for effect. But I had a sneaky suspicion you and strumm really believed your own BS. Thanks for having the grace to play along and expose yourselves.

Why do you need to train soliders at the age of 7 if you can teach them to fire a gun in a matter of hours? There's not need to train soldiers from the age of 7, because they deal with guns, bombs, technology etc. The age of when this starts has nothing to do with how militant we are. How militant we are has everything to do with how much our actual military engages in warfare.

MILITANT: combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational.

Just because we supposedly do this in 'peaceful' and humane manners, does not take away from the fact that we have brought brutal deaths to millions in this world. You believe the rhetoric, I believe the body counts and destruction we have caused.

Are you to say that we support pushing our political causes in other countries without using violence? Name one country that has reached out as far as we have. How do we NOT the moniker "most militant country in the HISTORY of the world." Who's been invovled in as many wars as we have and been able to have as much control as we have?

This is a new world, and how this is accomplished is complicated and often difficult to comprehend. It's not my fault you don't get it.

If you think pointing out that me and Strumm understand the truth of these things is a bad thing, well then I'm sorry for you.
If half your population is conscripted into the military for years from an early age, you are by all accounts a more militant society than one where less than 1% of your population serves voluntarily. This really should be a super simple point. That it isn't for you is mildly entertaining. I'm not going to teach you world history, but its clear you could use a brush up if you think the US has been in more wars than any nation in history. You're way down the rabbit hole, chasing that stoned bunny from Utah no doubt.

If half your population is conscripted into the military for years from an early age, you are by all accounts a more militant society than one where less than 1% of your population serves voluntarily. This really should be a super simple point. That it isn't for you is mildly entertaining. I'm not going to teach you world history, but its clear you could use a brush up if you think the US has been in more wars than any nation in history. You're way down the rabbit hole, chasing that stoned bunny from Utah no doubt.
I'm not sure you're understanding the argument here. Militant and violent (or USING that military) is not always the same. I guess I should have used the term more violent with their military. Or, more simply Warlike. The USA is the most Warlike country in the history of the world. Conscription doesn't equal warlike either. The country of Switzerland comes to mind. They were neutral in both World Wars. They have had mandatory conscription for a very long time. I don't think I would put the Swiss in the top 20 as "Most Warlike Countries" at all.

I think Aegon's measurement of total destruction, body counts, civilian deaths, destruction of property and usable resources, etc. is accurate and proves that it's not even close. It is true that the total "number of wars" America has been in is fewer than, say, England, or France, but America is only 240 years old, where they are more than ten times that in existence. I am glad to see you can take the same stance as your alleged R opposition and defend the violence and destruction at the hands of this Demopublican war machine. When it comes to war, the left and right go hand-in-hand. I would imagine that is why you're defending it since you are a pawn in the game.

Originally posted by strummingram:

I'm not sure you're understanding the argument here. Militant and violent (or USING that military) is not always the same. I guess I should have used the term more violent with their military. Or, more simply Warlike. The USA is the most Warlike country in the history of the world. Conscription doesn't equal warlike either. The country of Switzerland comes to mind. They were neutral in both World Wars. They have had mandatory conscription for a very long time. I don't think I would put the Swiss in the top 20 as "Most Warlike Countries" at all.

I think Aegon's measurement of total destruction, body counts, civilian deaths, destruction of property and usable resources, etc. is accurate and proves that it's not even close. It is true that the total "number of wars" America has been in is fewer than, say, England, or France, but America is only 240 years old, where they are more than ten times that in existence. I am glad to see you can take the same stance as your alleged R opposition and defend the violence and destruction at the hands of this Demopublican war machine. When it comes to war, the left and right go hand-in-hand. I would imagine that is why you're defending it since you are a pawn in the game.
Again, if you don't know anything about history, stop arguing about it. You make yourself look like a fool by comparing Sparta to Switzerland. Sparta was far more "violent with their military[/I]" than we are. They expended a far greater portion of their efforts waging war than we do. They were in a state of war far more often than we are.

Demonstrably, America is not the most militant nation in the history of the world, That doesn't mean we aren't too militant for my taste or yours. That doesn't even mean you can't speak colorfully when you describe our excesses. But you should know when you are speaking that way its not literally true.

Again, if you don't know anything about history, stop arguing about it. You make yourself look like a fool by comparing Sparta to Switzerland. Sparta was far more "violent with their military[/I]" than we are. They expended a far greater portion of their efforts waging war than we do. They were in a state of war far more often than we are.

Demonstrably, America is not the most militant nation in the history of the world, That doesn't mean we aren't too militant for my taste or yours. That doesn't even mean you can't speak colorfully when you describe our excesses. But you should know when you are speaking that way its not literally true.
Okay, for you, we'll say it's "The most violent in the last 200 years." Happy now? It's certainly the most violent and warlike right now and the trajectory has been rising since it was created. I'm aware that human beings from every corner of the earth have the ability to covet others' land and resources and influence, but American war policy has created a precedent that VERY FEW in history have ever even come close to matching. But, I will reiterate, when it comes to war, the left and right go hand-in-hand.

Okay, for you, we'll say it's "The most violent in the last 200 years." Happy now? It's certainly the most violent and warlike right now and the trajectory has been rising since it was created. I'm aware that human beings from every corner of the earth have the ability to covet others' land and resources and influence, but American war policy has created a precedent that VERY FEW in history have ever even come close to matching. But, I will reiterate, when it comes to war, the left and right go hand-in-hand.
Happier, I'm not sure we really outpace the post WWII USSR however. We are the alpha dog on the planet at the moment. All alphas throughout history are going to top your list as the most militant of their respective times. But as an alpha, a case could be made that we handle that power much more benignly than others have throughout history. A little perspective is all I'm offering you.

Yes we are the most militant in history. Your use of the word militant is of the noun definition, rather than the adjective definition. The Spartans and their military 'success' isn't even in the same ball park as us. Quit favoring them just because they were buff and wear togas. You've see 300 one too many times haven't you?

You're the type of person that when he walks by something he puts his own description to it. Just because you are an isolationist in your mind, doesn't mean that your thoughts are the only thoughts there is.

The facts are this. We have waged war, with a thousand times more force than the Spartans could have ever dreamed. We simply have technology and superior firepower on our side. We don't have to have everybody in soldier gear, because the soldiers and weapons we have combined can do the kind of damage that can level cities. Which we have done, on numerous occassions.

Look at the adjective defintion(tell me we don't fit it to a T), and quit trying to apply the noun definition for your argument.

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korean War
Vietnam
Gulf War
Iraq War
Afgahnistan War

and I left a lot out.

Now keep in mind where our military presence is around the world, what we have done with it where we are, and tell me if the Spartans with all those little togas you love, even came close to being as militant as a country as we have been.

Militant is a terms which describes how you have used violence and aggressiveness to get what you want both politically and socially. Have we not changed the face of politics and social conditions due to our warfare? Have you not been paying attention to this history you're so well versed in?

Happier, I'm not sure we really outpace the post WWII USSR however. We are the alpha dog on the planet at the moment. All alphas throughout history are going to top your list as the most militant of their respective times. But as an alpha, a case could be made that we handle that power much more benignly than others have throughout history. A little perspective is all I'm offering you.
Of course you're not. You're an American first and a human being second. I try not to identify myself as part of the "we" like you do, especially in this sense. I would never allow myself to be sent 10,000 miles away to shoot-up another person's home because some sold-out politician has to keep a promise to some munitions mogul that paid for his election. That's another reason I discourage voting for R's and D's. When it comes to war, they are the same party. I don't want the deaths of innocent people on my conscience.

Militant:combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational methods

This does not favor a single person, or even a group of persons. Its a term that describes behavior and can be applied to any sort of classification you please.

There are different ways to be militant and we have them all covered here in the US.

The US is estimated to have taken out 20-30 MILLION adversaries since WW2. We have bases in 100's or countries with soldiers waiting to apply military force at any time.

We have a Navy that circles the globe everyday with weapons that could wipe countries off the maps. We've been involved in EVERY major conflict this century and last century, where the devasation and damage far surpasses any century before it.

We have taken out two cities with two bombs that entirely wiped both cities out with in a matter of minutes. NEVER DONE BY ANYONE ELSE, since.

Our military is without question the worlds most powerful, and without question the most powerful IN HISTORY.

Our use of it, has shaped politics around this world. Our often extreme(all warfare is extreme) ways have changed the world forever, and in a MUCH faster manner, than anyone else was able to do it. We still have control of this planet, because quite frankly, no one can surpass us in military might, and we benefit everyday from that fact.

We are very confrontational(we've invaded somewhere just about every decade since WW1), we are very extreme(unless you call dropping nukes not extreme), and we are all about the violence. Most civilian gun deaths in the world btw.

There's no arguing these facts.

uzi.r191677.gif

We're not militant at all.

Of course you're not. You're an American first and a human being second. I try not to identify myself as part of the "we" like you do, especially in this sense. I would never allow myself to be sent 10,000 miles away to shoot-up another person's home because some sold-out politician has to keep a promise to some munitions mogul that paid for his election. That's another reason I discourage voting for R's and D's. When it comes to war, they are the same party. I don't want the deaths of innocent people on my conscience.
You think yourself some great emancipated humanist while you single out America as the worst nation in history? Thats an interesting position you carved out. Tell us more.

uzi.r191677.gif
Wow! That link even surprised me!
Notice how many different areas around the world it involves. Naturals problem, besides not being as intelligent as he thinks he is, is that he doesn't really understand how warfare in the modern world works.

You think yourself some great emancipated humanist while you single out America as the worst nation in history? Thats an interesting position you carved out. Tell us more.
Where did I say "worst nation in history?" See, you're making things up... again. I am an emancipated human. Not human-ist. Keep your politically-correct-borne terminology out of it.

Best and Worst is subjective, it depends on context. I know you're very challenged in a contextual sense already. America has some incredible offerings and some very incredible points in it's history, but I'm not even sure I would credit those things to "America." America is an abstract as well. It's similar to when people sometimes refer to "home." It's like when people say "I'm fighting for my country." Your country? Really? The mountains, streams, rivers, valleys, forests and wildlife told you to go kill human beings? No, it was a handful of other human beings who were in charge of your government that forced you and other blindly-obedient peasants to go and take the resource from the control the other handful has over that bunch. In a more primal/tribal sense, many moons ago, the imminent threat was more direct. In the last say, thousand years? Not so much.

When tribalism and nationalism and religions and political partisanship are involved, you get more corpses than you get free thinkers.

Yes we are the most militant in history. Your use of the word militant is of the noun definition, rather than the adjective definition. The Spartans and their military 'success' isn't even in the same ball park as us. Quit favoring them just because they were buff and wear togas. You've see 300 one too many times haven't you?

You're the type of person that when he walks by something he puts his own description to it. Just because you are an isolationist in your mind, doesn't mean that your thoughts are the only thoughts there is.

The facts are this. We have waged war, with a thousand times more force than the Spartans could have ever dreamed. We simply have technology and superior firepower on our side. We don't have to have everybody in soldier gear, because the soldiers and weapons we have combined can do the kind of damage that can level cities. Which we have done, on numerous occassions.

Look at the adjective defintion(tell me we don't fit it to a T), and quit trying to apply the noun definition for your argument.

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korean War
Vietnam
Gulf War
Iraq War
Afgahnistan War

and I left a lot out.

Now keep in mind where our military presence is around the world, what we have done with it where we are, and tell me if the Spartans with all those little togas you love, even came close to being as militant as a country as we have been.

Militant is a terms which describes how you have used violence and aggressiveness to get what you want both politically and socially. Have we not changed the face of politics and social conditions due to our warfare? Have you not been paying attention to this history you're so well versed in?
So you don't understand history or language. Militancy is about support for forceful violent solutions to problems. What you conflate with that is military power which is not that same at all. We all agree the US military is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. I hope you're really great at math.

I'm not arguing America isn't militant, we are and too much for my taste. I'm just providing a bit of perspective that we aren't the most militant society the world has ever produced. Today, right now Israel is more militant in wanting to invade Iran than America who is diplomatically seeking agreement to not go to war. If America was Rome, we would simply make Iran the 51st state.

Where did I say "worst nation in history?" See, you're making things up... again. I am an emancipated human. Not human-ist. Keep your politically-correct-borne terminology out of it.

Best and Worst is subjective, it depends on context. I know you're very challenged in a contextual sense already. America has some incredible offerings and some very incredible points in it's history, but I'm not even sure I would credit those things to "America." America is an abstract as well. It's similar to when people sometimes refer to "home." It's like when people say "I'm fighting for my country." Your country? Really? The mountains, streams, rivers, valleys, forests and wildlife told you to go kill human beings? No, it was a handful of other human beings who were in charge of your government that forced you and other blindly-obedient peasants to go and take the resource from the control the other handful has over that bunch. In a more primal/tribal sense, many moons ago, the imminent threat was more direct. In the last say, thousand years? Not so much.

When tribalism and nationalism and religions and political partisanship are involved, you get more corpses than you get free thinkers.
Page one, try to keep track of your own crazy please.

Define "militant", please. The most militant country in the world- in the HISTORY of the world- is the USA. Iran has a fairly peaceful military past. They don't have military bases all over the world.[/QUOTE]

Page one, try to keep track of your own crazy please.

Define "militant", please. The most militant country in the world- in the HISTORY of the world- is the USA. Iran has a fairly peaceful military past. They don't have military bases all over the world.
[/QUOTE] That translates as "worst" in your comprehension? Fine. Best and Worst is subjective. Hey, the USA is the best at piling up dead bodies!

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korean War
Vietnam
Gulf War
Iraq War
Afgahnistan War

and I left a lot out.

So you don't understand history or language. Militancy is about support for forceful violent solutions to problems. What you conflate with that is military power which is not that same at all. We all agree the US military is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. I hope you're really great at math.

I'm not arguing America isn't militant, we are and too much for my taste. I'm just providing a bit of perspective that we aren't the most militant society the world has ever produced. Today, right now Israel is more militant in wanting to invade Iran than America who is diplomatically seeking agreement to not go to war. If America was Rome, we would simply make Iran the 51st state.
Israel is the 51st State. All of these military bases are what amounts to occupation. Maybe not as direct as you are willing to concede since you politically approve of all of them.

Israel is the 51st State. All of these military bases are what amounts to occupation. Maybe not as direct as you are willing to concede since you politically approve of all of them.
You never get my positions right, you should stop assuming so much. I'm just picking on you because you believe your own hyperbole. Breath deep and get some perspective and we don't actually disagree much on this topic at all.

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korean War
Vietnam
Gulf War
Iraq War
Afgahnistan War

and I left a lot out.

There is nothing truthful typed here. Iran has no one but themselves invaded at the moment. On the other hand though, they have a few neighbors around them now that aren't exactly anti-militant.
iran-us-bases-2.jpg

You never get my positions right, you should stop assuming so much. I'm just picking on you because you believe your own hyperbole. Breath deep and get some perspective and we don't actually disagree much on this topic at all.
Maybe you aren't very good at stating your positions. I see the candidates and policies you support here, so I don't think I'm assuming much, unless you're not really supporting them.

There is nothing truthful typed here. Iran has no one but themselves invaded at the moment. On the other hand though, they have a few neighbors around them now that aren't exactly anti-militant.
iran-us-bases-2.jpg
And yet we are negotiating rather than invading. Thats a pretty strong blow to your "worst in history" meme. Note, I didn't say we aren't militant at all. I'm just picking on you for believing Strumm's bumper sticker talking points.

Reading comprehension, how does it work?
chairshot.r191677.gif

Maybe you aren't very good at stating your positions. I see the candidates and policies you support here, so I don't think I'm assuming much, unless you're not really supporting them.
If you simply argue with what I wright, you could avoid being wrong so often. I realize that may not be a high priority for you however.

iran-us-bases-2.jpg
And yet we are negotiating rather than invading. Thats a pretty strong blow to your "worst in history" meme. Note, I didn't say we aren't militant at all. I'm just picking on you for believing Strumm's bumper sticker talking points.

chairshot.r191677.gif
Yes, we have our military bases surrounding them, because we are simply negotiating with them. Notice that we did in fact invade the countries we are now surrouding them with.

I'm glad you asked the reading comprehension question. My answer to that, is not how you've been attempting to do it.

Earth: 248 armed conflicts after WW2; US started 201 (81%), killing 30 million so far. Arrests are when now?
Posted on May 17, 2014 by Carl Herman

People around the world view the US as the greatest threat to peace; voted three times more dangerous than any other country. The data confirm this conclusion:

Since WW2, Earth has had 248 armed conflicts. The US started 201 of them.
These US-started armed attacks have killed ~30 million and counting; 90% of these deaths are innocent children, the elderly and ordinary working civilian women and men.
The US has war-murdered more than Hitler's Nazis.
US official reports now confirm all "reasons" the US told for current armed attacks were known to be false as they were told.
These lie-started US wars are not even close to lawful (here and here recently).
US wars and rhetoric for more wars continue a long history of lie-began US Wars of Aggression. The most decorated US Marine general in his day warned all Americans of this fact of lie-started wars for 1% plunder.

link

U.S. military spending dwarfs all other countries:
"The United States is responsible for 41% of the world's total military spending. The next largest in spending are China, accounting for 8.2%; Russia, 4.1%; and the United Kingdom and France, both 3.6%. . . . If all military . . . costs are included, annual [US] spending amounts to $1 trillion . . . . According to the DOD fiscal year 2012 base structure report, 'The DOD manages global property of more than 555,000 facilities at more than 5,000 sites, covering more than 28 million acres.' The United States maintains 700 to 1000 military bases or sites in more than 100 countries. . . ."

link

iran-us-bases-2.jpg

chairshot.r191677.gif

A week or two ago many were upset that Iran was playing defensive war game against a USA attack carrier. We do these things all the time. And anyone who thinks Iran is going to have a highly successful attack on the USA is dreaming.

I like that we are negotiating with Iran. I see no reason not to and it is an alternative to war I like.

Actually not unlike Israel, Iran is surrounded by enemies. I would like to see some cold water poured on the militarism between our two countries. I see no need for sabre rattling as economic sanctions are far more effective in todays world. We have plenty of military options if they should become required so I am not worried about Iran in that regard. And if Israel would take a breath they would know that we are pretty much going to stand beside them no matter how much we negotiate. But Bibi is a hot heat with a big mouth.

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time - 222 Out of 239 Years - Since 1776
Posted on February 20, 2015 by WashingtonsBlog
http://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/War-USA-400x293.jpg

The U.S. Has Only Been At Peace For 21 Years Total Since Its Birth

In 2011, Danios wrote:

Below, I have reproduced a year-by-year timeline of America's wars, which reveals something quite interesting: since the United States was founded in 1776, she has been at war during 214 out of her 235 calendar years of existence. In other words, there were only 21 calendar years in which the U.S. did not wage any wars.

To put this in perspective:

* Pick any year since 1776 and there is about a 91% chance that America was involved in some war during that calendar year.

* No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president. Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered "war presidents."

* The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.

* The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.

Here is a graphic depiction of U.S. wars:

And here is the year-by-year timeline of America's major wars:

Year-by-year Timeline of America's Major Wars (1776-2011)

1776 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamagua Wars, Second Cherokee War, Pennamite-Yankee War

1777 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Second Cherokee War, Pennamite-Yankee War

1778 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1779 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1780 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1781 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1782 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1783 - American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1784 - Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War, Oconee War

1785 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1786 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1787 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1788 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1789 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1790 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1791 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1792 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1793 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1794 - Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1795 - Northwest Indian War

1796 - No major war

1797 - No major war

1798 - Quasi-War

1799 - Quasi-War

1800 - Quasi-War

1801 - First Barbary War

1802 - First Barbary War

1803 - First Barbary War

1804 - First Barbary War

1805 - First Barbary War

1806 - Sabine Expedition

1807 - No major war

1808 - No major war

1809 - No major war

1810 - U.S. occupies Spanish-held West Florida

1811 - Tecumseh's War

1812 - War of 1812, Tecumseh's War, Seminole Wars, U.S. occupies Spanish-held Amelia Island and other parts of East Florida

1813 - War of 1812, Tecumseh's War, Peoria War, Creek War, U.S. expands its territory in West Florida

1814 - War of 1812, Creek War, U.S. expands its territory in Florida, Anti-piracy war

1815 - War of 1812, Second Barbary War, Anti-piracy war

1816 - First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1817 - First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1818 - First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1819 - Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1820 - Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1821 - Anti-piracy war (see note above)

1822 - Anti-piracy war (see note above)

1823 - Anti-piracy war, Arikara War

1824 - Anti-piracy war

1825 - Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1826 - No major war

1827 - Winnebago War

1828 - No major war

1829 - No major war

1830 - No major war

1831 - Sac and Fox Indian War

1832 - Black Hawk War

1833 - Cherokee Indian War

1834 - Cherokee Indian War, Pawnee Indian Territory Campaign

1835 - Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War

1836 - Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War, Missouri-Iowa Border War

1837 - Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War, Osage Indian War, Buckshot War

1838 - Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Buckshot War, Heatherly Indian War

1839 - Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars

1840 - Seminole Wars, U.S. naval forces invade Fiji Islands

1841 - Seminole Wars, U.S. naval forces invade McKean Island, Gilbert Islands, and Samoa

1842 - Seminole Wars

1843 - U.S. forces clash with Chinese, U.S. troops invade African coast

1844 - Texas-Indian Wars

1845 - Texas-Indian Wars

1846 - Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars

1847 - Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars

1848 - Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War

1849 - Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians

1850 - Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, California Indian Wars, Pitt River Expedition

1851 - Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, California Indian Wars

1852 - Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, California Indian Wars

1853 - Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, Walker War, California Indian Wars

1854 - Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians

1855 - Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Yakima War, Winnas Expedition, Klickitat War, Puget Sound War, Rogue River Wars, U.S. forces invade Fiji Islands and Uruguay

1856 - Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Puget Sound War, Rogue River Wars, Tintic War

1857 - Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Utah War, Conflict in Nicaragua

1858 - Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Mohave War, California Indian Wars, Spokane-Coeur d'Alene-Paloos War, Utah War, U.S. forces invade Fiji Islands and Uruguay

1859 Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Pecos Expedition, Antelope Hills Expedition, Bear River Expedition, John Brown's raid, U.S. forces launch attack against Paraguay, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1860 - Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Paiute War, Kiowa-Comanche War

1861 - American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign

1862 - American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Dakota War of 1862,

1863 - American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Colorado War, Goshute War

1864 - American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Colorado War, Snake War

1865 - American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Colorado War, Snake War, Utah's Black Hawk War

1866 - Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah's Black Hawk War, Red Cloud's War, Franklin County War, U.S. invades Mexico, Conflict with China

1867 - Texas-Indian Wars, Long Walk of the Navajo, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah's Black Hawk War, Red Cloud's War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War, U.S. troops occupy Nicaragua and attack Taiwan

1868 - Texas-Indian Wars, Long Walk of the Navajo, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah's Black Hawk War, Red Cloud's War, Comanche Wars, Battle of Washita River, Franklin County War

1869 - Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah's Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War

1870 - Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah's Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War

1871 - Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah's Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War, Kingsley Cave Massacre, U.S. forces invade Korea

1872 - Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Utah's Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Modoc War, Franklin County War

1873 - Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Modoc War, Apache Wars, Cypress Hills Massacre, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1874 - Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Red River War, Mason County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1875 - Conflict in Mexico, Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Eastern Nevada, Mason County War, Colfax County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1876 - Texas-Indian Wars, Black Hills War, Mason County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1877 - Texas-Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Black Hills War, Nez Perce War, Mason County War, Lincoln County War, San Elizario Salt War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1878 - Paiute Indian conflict, Bannock War, Cheyenne War, Lincoln County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1879 - Cheyenne War, Sheepeater Indian War, White River War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1880 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1881 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1882 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1883 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1884 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1885 - Apache Wars, Eastern Nevada Expedition, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1886 - Apache Wars, Pleasant Valley War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1887 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1888 - U.S. show of force against Haiti, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1889 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1890 - Sioux Indian War, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Ghost Dance War, Wounded Knee, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1891 - Sioux Indian War, Ghost Dance War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1892 - Johnson County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1893 - U.S. forces invade Mexico and Hawaii

1894 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1895 - U.S. forces invade Mexico, Bannock Indian Disturbances

1896 - U.S. forces invade Mexico

1897 - No major war

1898 - Spanish-American War, Battle of Leech Lake, Chippewa Indian Disturbances

1899 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1900 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1901 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1902 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1903 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1904 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1905 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1906 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1907 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1908 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1909 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1910 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1911 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1912 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1913 - Philippine-American War, Banana Wars, New Mexico Navajo War

1914 - Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1915 - Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico, Colorado Paiute War

1916 - Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1917 - Banana Wars, World War I, U.S. invades Mexico

1918 - Banana Wars, World War I, U.S invades Mexico

1919 - Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1920 - Banana Wars

1921 - Banana Wars

1922 - Banana Wars

1923 - Banana Wars, Posey War

1924 - Banana Wars

1925 - Banana Wars

1926 - Banana Wars

1927 - Banana Wars

1928 - Banana Wars

1930 - Banana Wars

1931 - Banana Wars

1932 - Banana Wars

1933 - Banana Wars

1934 - Banana Wars

1935 - No major war

1936 - No major war

1937 - No major war

1938 - No major war

1939 - No major war

1940 - No major war

1941 - World War II

1942 - World War II

1943 - Wold War II

1944 - World War II

1945 - World War II

1946 - Cold War (U.S. occupies the Philippines and South Korea)

1947 - Cold War (U.S. occupies South Korea, U.S. forces land in Greece to fight Communists)

1948 - Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1949 - Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1950 - Korean War, Jayuga Uprising

1951 - Korean War

1952 - Korean War

1953 - Korean War

1954 - Covert War in Guatemala

1955 - Vietnam War

1956 - Vietnam War

1957 - Vietnam War

1958 - Vietnam War

1959 - Vietnam War, Conflict in Haiti

1960 - Vietam War

1961 - Vietnam War

1962 - Vietnam War, Cold War (Cuban Missile Crisis; U.S. marines fight Communists in Thailand)

1963 - Vietnam War

1964 - Vietnam War

1965 - Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1966 - Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1967 - Vietnam War

1968 - Vietnam War

1969 - Vietnam War

1970 - Vietnam War

1971 - Vietnam War

1972 - Vietnam War

1973 - Vietnam War, U.S. aids Israel in Yom Kippur War

1974 - Vietnam War

1975 - Vietnam War

1976 - No major war

1977 - No major war

1978 - No major war

1979 - Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1980 - Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1981 - Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), First Gulf of Sidra Incident

1982 - Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1983 - Cold War (Invasion of Grenada, CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1984 - Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Persian Gulf

1985 - Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1986 - Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1987 - Conflict in Persian Gulf

1988 - Conflict in Persian Gulf, U.S. occupation of Panama

1989 - Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, U.S. occupation of Panama, Conflict in Philippines

1990 - First Gulf War, U.S. occupation of Panama

1991 - First Gulf War

1992 - Conflict in Iraq

1993 - Conflict in Iraq

1994 - Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti

1995 - Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti, NATO bombing of Bosnia and Herzegovina

1996 - Conflict in Iraq

1997 - No major war

1998 - Bombing of Iraq, Missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan

1999 - Kosovo War

2000 - No major war

2001 - War on Terror in Afghanistan

2002 - War on Terror in Afghanistan and Yemen

2003 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, and Iraq

2004 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2005 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2006 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2007 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen

2008 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2009 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2010 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2011 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Conflict in Libya (Libyan Civil War)

In most of these wars, the U.S. was on the offense. Danios admits that some of the wars were defensive. However, Danios also leaves out covert CIA operations and other acts which could be considered war.

Let's update what's happened since 2011:

2012 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Syria and Yemen

2013 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Syria and Yemen

2014 - War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Syria and Yemen; Civil War in Ukraine

2015 - War on Terror in Somalia, Somalia, Syria and Yemen; Civil War in Ukraine

So we can add 4 more years of war. That means that for 222 out of 239 years - or 93% of the time - America has been at war. (We can quibble with the exact numbers, but the high percentage of time that America has been at war is clear and unmistakable.)

Indeed, most of the military operations launched since World War II have been launched by the U.S.

And American military spending dwarfs the rest of the world put together.

No wonder polls show that the world believes America is the number 1 threat to peace.

Share this:

link

iran-us-bases-2.jpg

chairshot.r191677.gif
Yes, we have our military bases surrounding them, because we are simply negotiating with them. Notice that we did in fact invade the countries we are now surrouding them with.

I'm glad you asked the reading comprehension question. My answer to that, is not how you've been attempting to do it.
Natural is exhibiting the partisan mind. While Natural might oppose the overall amount of American military intervention and occupation, he's not willing to hand-in his jersey in the left vs. right political pawn game. He's convinced himself that his side, his country, or whatever it is he associates himself with, is being diplomatic and morally-sound. Whatever it takes to arrive at that summation, he'll do it. You're conversing with the left half of the left/right game. Foreign policy is something they typically have ti ultimately agree on because their theoretical "country" is involved. That's their tribe, their team, in that context. If it were a right half representative you were talking with, they would insist on the same tactic, but would use different references to justify it. "It has to be done to preserve stability in the middle east and help our only ally in the region- Israel." Or some such bullsh*t their TV tells them. Regardless, the result is more military intervention, more death, more occupation, and more hatred from indigenous people, and a higher likelihood for revenge tactics like terrorism.

Originally posted by 22*43*51:
Don't worry Strum and Nat.

I am sure the golden age of Liberalism will return some day and you will once again be allowed to openly spit on soldiers in airports.
Life must be so simple in your little world...liberal this and socialist that. Here's the thing...liberal means free, which I happen to cherish. The military, which you idolize, is the largest socialistic program in the U.S. It's the tool of tyrants and it enslaves.

Now, tell me that joke again about how 'we're over there to protect our freedoms here'. Say it again with a straight face. Even with the surveillance state that has erupted around us, our e-mails are read by our gov, our phone convos are listened to and taped. Our gov incarcerates a greater % of its population than China or Russia. While we are over there, tell me how many amendments have been tossed into the trash since 9/11, the gov's most celebrated holiday. I say celebrated, because gov has mushroomed since and you still moronically defend it. That' big government.

CIA Whistleblower faces 100 years for Exposing Gov't Lies
Posted on March 4, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
Sterling-Jeffrey

CIA whistleblower, Jeffrey Sterling, now faces up to 100 years in prison and a fine of $2.25 million for blowing the whistle on the CIA planting false evidence of nuclear weapons in Iran. This demonstrates how corrupt the government is. They will start wars for personal gain and lie to the people each and every time. Obama promised he would be honorable and "protect" whistleblowers from prosecution and punishment, Just another crock of bullshit. He is due in court April 24th.

link

Props to Nat Algren for the dance card of US War involvement!

Everyone, read General Smedley Butler's book:

War Is A Racket

ec
A classic. And can be read in 30 minutes on-line for free. Attractive for my sound-bite brethren on HROT. Attached is the on-line book.

Here's one of his quotes.

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."
This post was edited on 3/4 5:48 PM by Nat Algren

link

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
......developing nuclear weapons?

If so, how?

Forget about the politics of Netanyahu's speech.

What is the substance of the deal?
86...No one knows. It is in negotiations. Regardless of what Boehner or Bibi or FOX News says, No one knows. Ofcourse, running around yelling, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" makes for great TV. Not factual in any way but it keeps the natives in line.

Originally posted by Nat Algren:

War Is A Racket

ec
A classic. And can be read in 30 minutes on-line for free. Attractive for my sound-bite brethren on HROT. Attached is the on-line book.

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."

This is good stuff here Nat. You'll notice though that when you post stuff like this on here, people will ignore it. They will see it, not comment on it, and go about their typical arguing.

Simply because of the fact that it doesn't go with the story they've been reading for years now. Again though, this is some good stuff here. Kudos.

War Is A Racket

ec

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."

This is good stuff here Nat. You'll notice though that when you post stuff like this on here, people will ignore it. They will see it, not comment on it, and go about their typical arguing.

Simply because of the fact that it doesn't go with the story they've been reading for years now. Again though, this is some good stuff here. Kudos.
It is good stuff, its just not on point to the historical comparison argument we were having so there isn't much for me to say on the matter. I already told you I feel the US is too militant which is all Nat's info proves. We are in agreement on that much.

Originally posted by Mattski:

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

Funny thing about neocons. They claim they adore the 2nd amendment because it is their right to sell-defense. On a grander scale, they mustn't let their lessors be armed or they'll have trouble getting them to submit.

Poor analogy, Americans adore the 2nd Amendment for Americans, ragheads not so much.
Not surprised you feel that way.
Perfect analogy, Nat. They think they know who will or will not use them. So far, only one country has ever used them- the USA.

The reason they don't want Iran to have a nuke is because, once a country gets a nuke, then that country is no longer on the list for invasion and/or occupation by the US military.
Until hrot I didn't believe people really believed things like this or that there were folks dumb enough to equate Americans owning firearms to a militant Islamic country owning nukes. Very enlightening to say the least.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Why is it okay for Israel to own over 200 nukes? They are the ones who are the aggressors. It is Israel who created Hezbollah. They need a bogeyman.

Libya was asked to disarm. They partially did so. How did that work out for them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT