ADVERTISEMENT

Quintez Cephus Felony Charges... Davis Involved, Cornerback leaves team.

Bottom line: We all have to be saddened at what's going on in college football right now, especially in the Big Ten. No matter how much I dislike Iowa's competitors, I take no joy in seeing so many of them entangled by awful situations. I hope everything is settled soon so we can move on to a better era off the field.

If there's anything good that will come from this, it will be watching how Wisconsin deals with it. Barry and Paul are class guys who will do the right thing at the moment that it needs to be done. No matter what the outcome is. I hope Mark Dantonio and Urban Meyer take notes.

Sounds like Davis might be on this ice as well. Horrible situation. I can't imagine Wisconsin keeps Cephus on the team. They are probably waiting to find out more on Davis.

This is the world we live in today.

I'll the courts do what they do. It's the best system we have and it's not perfect. But I'm certainly not going to throw accusations at the young woman or women involved with no facts.

These are college aged people. Lots of things happen in dorms at every school in America. And the decision are often poor.

Has the coach said anything about Davis?...this doesn’t sound good for them.
Basically nothing concrete has been said about Davis. His name was mentioned as he knew the girls, and was a roommate of Cephus. No one knows if he is a witness for the accused or prosecution or if he is a witness at all! Bottom-line is that this all happened Apr. 22, charges were just brought against Cephus now..not against Davis. He could be totally innocent and uninvolved..I hope he is. If he's not. let justice prevail.

Reactions: badger-007
Basically nothing concrete has been said about Davis. His name was mentioned as he knew the girls, and was a roommate of Cephus. No one knows if he is a witness for the accused or prosecution or if he is a witness at all! Bottom-line is that this all happened Apr. 22, charges were just brought against Cephus now..not against Davis. He could be totally innocent and uninvolved..I hope he is. If he's not. let justice prevail.

No, his name is being mentioned because one of the girls has told police that he was there and taking pictures/watching.

By all reports right now neither Cephus or Davis knew either girl until that night.

Cephus may be found not guilty, but by all accounts he appears to be a garbage human (he admitted to being sober, taking home two girls who could barely compose themselves, and to taking at least one picture of them without their consent).

No, his name is being mentioned because one of the girls has told police that he was there and taking pictures/watching.

By all reports right now neither Cephus or Davis knew either girl until that night.

Cephus may be found not guilty, but by all accounts he appears to be a garbage human (he admitted to being sober, taking home two girls who could barely compose themselves, and to taking at least one picture of them without their consent).

If this is true, i don't see either player ever playing again at Wisconsin.

Yeah, the kid should be kicked out of the university if everything being reported is true. The only question then is what role did Davis have in any of it?

Reactions: BigEddySprings

In the end they may all go to jail. However you are wrong if you gleaned anything on Davis in anything printed to date..The picture thing is very murky! Lets not try and convict before we even get charges!

In the end they may all go to jail. However you are wrong if you gleaned anything on Davis in anything printed to date..The picture thing is very murky! Lets not try and convict before we even get charges!

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply guilt on Davis's part, just that his name wasn't only being brought up because he knew them. One of the girls specifically gave his name to cops as being there. From his standpoint, there's not enough information in the public to know one way or another.

Cephus, though, as I said whether he's actually found guilty or not, there's enough information for me to know he's a POS.

Reactions: BigEddySprings
Sorry, wasn't trying to imply guilt on Davis's part, just that his name wasn't only being brought up because he knew them. One of the girls specifically gave his name to cops as being there. From his standpoint, there's not enough information in the public to know one way or another.

Cephus, though, as I said whether he's actually found guilty or not, there's enough information for me to know he's a POS.

Exactly. The Davis thing is way to early to comment on. He knew the girls, and he lived there. As I said before, It doesn't sound good for Cephus. These, 'he said, she said' things don't usually have a happy ending for anyone victims or the accused.

Exactly. The Davis thing is way to early to comment on. He knew the girls, and he lived there. As I said before, It doesn't sound good for Cephus. These, 'he said, she said' things don't usually have a happy ending for anyone victims or the accused.

How do you know he knew the girl? I haven't seen anything that states that, just that one girl met Cephus through a friend and the first time they met in person was that night, and she had her friend out with her who didn't know Cephus either. If he actually knew one or both of them, and what Cephus did is true, that almost makes it worse.

At the very least it looks bad for Davis perception wise because he knew at least one of the girls was so drunk she was on the floor of the bar and refused to get up, and either went home with everyone or knew a sober Cephus was taking two severely blackout girls home...not a good look.

Women will do anything to make a big buck $ and lie to the officers involved and then go on to commit perjury... now I am not by any means saying it’s not the truth but for Gods sake some of this gets well out of hand and it sucks to see this. Especially with Cephus.. his dad was killed or SHIT himself last year or the year before? Not sure on the actual details but my heart goes out to him and his family
In this scenario the details would actually matter.
:oops:

As we should know by now, there are good people and bad people everywhere. Absolutely no exceptions. And again, it's sad and shameful that we have all of these incidents going on now. There is no positive to any of it.

If there's anything good that will come from this, it will be watching how Wisconsin deals with it. Barry and Paul are class guys who will do the right thing at the moment that it needs to be done. No matter what the outcome is. I hope Mark Dantonio and Urban Meyer take notes.
Barry a class guy? Chryst appears to be.

This conference really stinks right now. I'm pretty tired of all this bullshit, myself.
The last year or two has really been a black eye for the BIG, there's no denying that. For all the power he has, maybe its time for money bags Delaney to have some come to Jesus meetings with a few of these coaches.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
I would imagine their well beyond caring what people think.......

I'd expect they'l handle this appropriately at UW. They're not MSU.
I was referring more to the young ladies who jumped at the chance to meet up with a baller, then proceeded to get so shit-face they don’t remember much about the evening other than being raped and photographed. Classy.

Reactions: badger-007
Can anyone answer the following question correctly (WITHOUT CHEATING & GOOGLING THESE NAMES!)

What connection could the following names have to the sordid story coming out of Wisconsin involving the players Cephus and Davis?

1) Mary Surratt

2) Ethel Rosenberg

3) Clay Shaw

4) Dave Evans

5) Reade Seligmann

6) Collin Finnerty

If you can with (again, using the honor system of answering off the top of your head without Googling them) you will receive the trivia prize of the day, which is a free ticket to the Northern Illinois game (can't guarantee the quality/location of the seat, unfortunately)

If you get all six answers right without researing it at all, meet me outside of Kinnick statidum on 9/1/18 one hour before kickoff to collect your prize.

Can anyone answer the following question correctly (WITHOUT CHEATING & GOOGLING THESE NAMES!)

What connection could the following names have to the sordid story coming out of Wisconsin involving the players Cephus and Davis?

1) Mary Surratt

2) Ethel Rosenberg

3) Clay Shaw

4) Dave Evans

5) Reade Seligmann

6) Collin Finnerty

If you can with (again, using the honor system of answering off the top of your head without Googling them) you will receive the trivia prize of the day, which is a free ticket to the Northern Illinois game (can't guarantee the quality/location of the seat, unfortunately)

If you get all six answers right without researing it at all, meet me outside of Kinnick statidum on 9/1/18 one hour before kickoff to collect your prize.

1. Accused and convicted and hung for conspiring to assassinate Lincoln. lone female in the group convicted. Good read Killing Lincoln sheds lot of light on her “role”.
2. Convicted along with husband for spying for the soviets and sent to death.
3. Guy in movie jfk put on trial for conspiracy to assassinate jfk. Found innocent. Tommy Lee jones great job playing him in the move.
4-6. Duke lacrosse falsely accused of rape. Great 30 for 30 must watch.

So 3-6 falsely accused of crime. 1-2 convicted some theorize they were innocent such as surratt cause men who plotted plead for her innocence. but in the end nothing they all have in common since first 2 actually found guilty in court of law and last 4 found innocent. Keep the tix season holder here :)

Last edited:
No worries. The Bucky fan that hangs out here says they have depth at WR. (sarcasm intended).
Pryor and AJ Taylor are as good as the other two we are losing
The hit is in the depth department.
True Freshman Cruickshank has impressed and will play this season, might be fastest player on the team but the two walk ons Dunn and Krumholtz seem to have an edge over Cade Green and Emmitt Perry the two RSFrosh.

Well, if the two women where not impaired that would change things, but there seems to be quite a bit of evidence to suggest they were extremely impaired, including probable records from victim #1 being admitted to the hospital.

The Minnesota case was very different, in that the police and the Prosecuting Attorney's office spent some time with the alleged victim, looked at all the evidence and determined that she was not a credible witness, and the evidence did not warrant any charges. The assertion that she was even more than slightly impaired was called into question, but with no medical visit and testing, no one will ever know.

The rape kits and hospital visits will mean a lot in this UW case.

None of the Minnesota players were ever charged with anything, yet the Dane County prosecutor has already charged Cephus. If UW has anything like the Minnesota Title IX EOAA doing any sort of internal justice in a quasi-legal court or feminist run PC Kangaroo Court as many called it here then Danny Davis is finished as well. I know in the current environment at MN he already would be suspended as well.

Of Course Barry Alvarez has a lot more power at Wisconsin than any AD or Football Coach at Minnesota ever would have. What happens to Davis will say a lot about who runs the show in Madison.

I find this intersting to claim they weren’t drunk. This is definitely conflicting stories from 2 sides.

Cause in other article says police came at 430am and room smelled heavily of alcohol and one girl couldn’t keep head up and puked eventually. Said text at1130pm to go meet up at a bar. So after the text you have them walking to meet at the bar, hanging out having some drinks there, going back to the apartment, incident occurred and now defense will be the girls got black out drunk after he left then called cops because one thing that is for sure is she was wasted at 430am according to police.

Reactions: grayhair81
1. Accused and convicted and hung for conspiring to assassinate Lincoln. lone female in the group convicted. Good read Killing Lincoln sheds lot of light on her “role”.
2. Convicted along with husband for spying for the soviets and sent to death.
3. Guy in movie jfk put on trial for conspiracy to assassinate jfk. Found innocent. Tommy Lee jones great job playing him in the move.
4-6. Duke lacrosse falsely accused of rape. Great 30 for 30 must watch.

So 3-6 falsely accused of crime. 1-2 convicted some theorize they were innocent such as surratt cause men who plotted plead for her innocence. but in the end nothing they all have in common since first 2 actually found guilty in court of law and last 4 found innocent. Keep the tix season holder here :)
I respectfully disagree. Mary Surratt and Ethel Rosenberg were most likely innocent. My point of the post was that unscrupulous prosecutors too often railroad innocent people to jail, sometimes even to death, as happened in the cases that I cited above.

not necessarily saying that that is what is going on in the UW football players case, but this sort of railroading going on more often than most people realize. military intelligence, bureaucratic efficency, "legal ethics,"............

good job researching, though (unless you in fact already knew all of that)

Pryor and AJ Taylor are as good as the other two we are losing
The hit is in the depth department.
True Freshman Cruickshank has impressed and will play this season, might be fastest player on the team but the two walk ons Dunn and Krumholtz seem to have an edge over Cade Green and Emmitt Perry the two RSFrosh.
Agreed Lefty. The most important thing here is that you have depth at WR. I'm going to say it again, but slower this time. The most important thing for WI is that you have depth at WR. It's not that women claim they were raped. Alvarez knows what the right thing to do is. Watch and learn.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
1) innocent until proven guilty
2) until then though next man (or possibly men) in

Certainly not a "good look" though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT