ADVERTISEMENT

Rapper 50 Cent says ‘maybe Trump is the answer’ after seeing NYC give pre-paid credit cards to migrants

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Famous rapper 50 Cent recently expressed his displeasure over news that New York City is planning to allocate millions of dollars to give migrant families pre-paid credit cards to migrant families.

In a new Instagram post, the rapper even went so far as to say that the policy might even motivate him to vote for former President Donald Trump in 2024.

The "In Da Club" rapper reacted to a New York Post story published Friday reporting on a policy pushed by the Adams administration that will take $53 million and distribute it among asylum-seeking families in the city in the form of pre-paid credit cards.

The Post reported that as the policy rolls out, "it’ll start with a group of 500 migrant families in short-term hotel stays and will replace the current food service offered there, according to City Hall."

It added, "The cards can only be used at bodegas, grocery stores, supermarkets and convenience stores — and migrants must sign an affidavit swearing they will only spend the funds on food and baby supplies or they will be kicked out of the program."
The amount of money on each card depends on the size of each family, and whether they have any income. The program might provide $1000 a month for a family of four, for example. The cards will reportedly be refilled every 28 days.

50 Cent – whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III – shared a screenshot of the Post’s headline to his Instagram page on Saturday. In his caption for the post, the rapper expressed bewilderment over the policy, calling out Adams and to make sense of things on this issue.

He wrote, "WTF mayor Adams call my phone, I don’t understand how this works. Somebody explain."

He also mentioned how MSNBC host Ari Melber "can’t explain this" to him, adding, "I’m stuck."

50 Cent then provided one last statement, revealing how frustrated this new policy makes him. He added, "Maybe Trump is the answer."

The rapper has mulled over voting for Trump in past elections when faced with a Democratic Party he hasn’t liked.

In 2020, 50 Cent ripped then-Presidential candidate Biden’s tax plan on Instagram, stating, "WHAT THE F---! (VOTE ForTRUMP) IM OUT. F--- NEW YORK The KNICKS never win anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah that guy has never been down on his luck, been disadvantaged, or had anyone help him for free.

Not exactly 50’s gripe, but I would say anyone paying attention would know blacks in traditionally poorer urban areas ie: Chicago southside aren’t happy right now. There have been major influxes of people who have crossed the boarder getting bussed to these areas. Blacks are feeling some type of way as the belief is government resources are being used on the newly arrived people and thus shorting blacks.

Like it or not, blame who you want but those are the stories I have been seeing. Usually at rec center and community meetings

Not exactly 50’s gripe, but I would say anyone paying attention would know blacks in traditionally poorer urban areas ie: Chicago southside aren’t happy right now. There have been major influxes of people who have crossed the boarder getting bussed to these areas. Blacks are feeling some type of way as the belief is government resources are being used on the newly arrived people and thus shorting blacks.

Like it or not, blame who you want but those are the stories I have been seeing. Usually at rec center and community meetings
I can certainly understand that view point. From an outsider looking in, it shrouds like their gripe is basically not getting more handouts because refugees are getting a portion of their share?

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
I can certainly understand that view point. From an outsider looking in, it shrouds like their gripe is basically not getting more handouts because refugees are getting a portion of their share?

Well it’s not all necessarily subsidized housing and food stamps although I’m certain that could be it. There’s also things like more people in those areas means slower police response times and crowding of already over crowded schools.

Reactions: SolarHawk
Here's what we know.

Trump's remain in Mexico policy appeared more effective than Biden's come one come all and get free stuff while you await your court date policy.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
How on earth I commented on this thread without this bit is beyond me...I'm embarrassed.

WHAT'S JA RULE SAY?!?

Reactions: cjnoles9399
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT