ADVERTISEMENT

read a nice write up of Utah State

you are right it is a team game with these as the main parts
Offense
Defense
ST

that is why they won 8 games as a TEAM.
With the 130th rated offense being the biggest reason for the regression from 2021 to 2022. The team won two less games, lost one more and didn't win the division.

Are you sharing the posts or comments where I 'trashed' the program in this thread or in another thread? It's tough to keep up with your spiel in the various threads.

With the 130th rated offense being the biggest reason for the regression from 2021 to 2022. The team won two less games, lost one more and didn't win the division.

Are you sharing the posts or comments where I 'trashed' the program in this thread or in another thread? It's tough to keep up with your spiel in the various threads.
this is enough to show where and how you are trashing this team. oh gee whizzz they didn't win 10 or more games or another championship. boo hoo boo hoo is they didn't win the championship that you deserve to have.

since the usual drivel is that Iowa will go 7-5 every year.

this is enough to show where and how you are trashing this team. oh gee whizzz they didn't win 10 or more games or another championship. boo hoo boo hoo is they didn't win the championship that you deserve to have.

since the usual drivel is that Iowa will go 7-5 every year.
Why in the world would I 'deserve a championship'
Still waiting for anything specific to where I 'trashed' the program. Your inability to provide any is somewhat amusing.
10 > 8
Championship > No championship
similar to

31.8 > 23.4 > 17.7

368.6 > 303.7 > 251.5

Regression -
a trend or shift toward a lower or less perfect state: such as
a
: progressive decline

Man that line with Gallery on it was something to see.

Still waiting for anything specific to where I 'trashed' the program. Your inability to provide any is somewhat amusing.
10 > 8
similar to

31.8 > 23.4 > 17.7

368.6 > 303.7 > 251.5

Regression -
a

1st you don't deserve anything as its the players and coaches that put in the work while you sit on your ass and watch the game
in 21 they won the West championship and now you are demanding that they win it every year and 10+ games every year, go follow OSU or Alabama that get the recruits that will deliver what you demand every year.

Reactions: F5n5
1st you don't deserve anything as its the players and coaches that put in the work while you sit on your ass and watch the game
in 21 they won the West championship and now you are demanding that they win it every year and 10+ games every year, go follow OSU or Alabama that get the recruits that will deliver what you demand every year.
Ummm you brought up the ‘deserving a championship’
So a significant fail on your part… again

Feel free to show where I demanded anything…. Again, another fail on your part.

You have a great skill in assigning opinions to others with no basis in fact. Couple that with your inability to acknowledge statistical facts or back up your claims makes you quite entertaining.

Did you see that Steinbach(teammates with Gallery) made the Iowa HOF? Man that was a great OL.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
10 > 8
similar to

31.8 > 23.4 > 17.7

368.6 > 303.7 > 251.5

Regression -
a

not their 1st 2 seasons
3-8
7-5

you sure like to cherry pick don't you. now there is your proof that you demand.

not their 1st 2 seasons
3-8
7-5

you sure like to cherry pick don't you. now there is your proof that you demand.
So you recognize progression but not regression…. Interesting…… the good news is I never mentioned those seasons or demanded any proof.

I have asked for evidence of me ‘trashing’ the program that you claimed.

Side note, you have provided none.

One of us has facts to support their premise…. The other is you.

So you recognize progression but not regression…. Interesting…… the good news is I never mentioned those seasons or demanded any proof.

I have asked for evidence of me ‘trashing’ the program that you claimed.

Side note, you have provided none.

One of us has facts to support their premise…. The other is you.
progression vs regression that is truly funny
it happens all the time
1999 1-10
2000 3-8
2001 7-5
2002 11-2
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 7-5
2006 6-7
2007 6-6
2008 9-4
2009 11-2
2010 8-5
2011 7-6
2012 4-8
2013 8-5
2014 7-6
2015 12-2
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 9-4
2019 10-3
2020 6-2
2021 10-4
2022 8-5
2023 ?

you are a fool. for bitching about something that has been happening for a long time. that's the only proof of trashing the Iowa program. that 2022 season wasn't even the worst under KF in his 24 seasons. the absolute worst was his 1st season when they went 1-10.

if that is all you can do is bitch then crawl back under which ever rock you crawled out from under oh yeah take your constant bitching with you.

progression vs regression that is truly funny
it happens all the time
1999 1-10
2000 3-8
2001 7-5
2002 11-2
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 7-5
2006 6-7
2007 6-6
2008 9-4
2009 11-2
2010 8-5
2011 7-6
2012 4-8
2013 8-5
2014 7-6
2015 12-2
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 9-4
2019 10-3
2020 6-2
2021 10-4
2022 8-5
2023 ?

you are a fool. for bitching about something that has been happening for a long time. that's the only proof of trashing the Iowa program. that 2022 season wasn't even the worst under KF in his 24 seasons. the absolute worst was his 1st season when they went 1-10.

if that is all you can do is bitch then crawl back under which ever rock you crawled out from under oh yeah take your constant bitching with you.
The good news is I haven't even b*tched yet. That's an awful lot of typing to demonstrate that the 2022 season with the 130th ranked offense tied for the lowest winning % since the 2014 season, was that the season that prompted some serious changes in the program?

I am guessing you don't really grasp numbers, statistics or trends very well. Would it help if I put *'s by them?
2022 was a low 3* performance buoyed by the defense and special teams. I think that 2023 can be a high 3* team with a good chance to be a solid 4* team with some of the changes that have been made. Not sure that is considered b*tching or trashing the program but everyone has their own definition of what it is.

The good news is I haven't even b*tched yet. That's an awful lot of typing to demonstrate that the 2022 season with the 130th ranked offense tied for the lowest winning % since the 2014 season, was that the season that prompted some serious changes in the program?

I am guessing you don't really grasp numbers, statistics or trends very well. Would it help if I put *'s by them?
2022 was a low 3* performance buoyed by the defense and special teams. I think that 2023 can be a high 3* team with a good chance to be a solid 4* team with some of the changes that have been made. Not sure that is considered b*tching or trashing the program but everyone has their own definition of what it is.
its you that doesn't undertand statistics I put all the records from KF's 1st season to his last, the 2022 season was not the worst season for winning these were the worst.
1999 season 1-10
2000 season 3-8
2012 4-8

now those are classified as bad seasons 8-5 season are not.
another losing season needed a bowl game for that losing record 6-7 in in the 2006 season then in 2007 they went 6-6 those were the 5 worst seasons under Kirk Ferentz. all before Brian became the OC.

but you live in your hate Brian world. while I live in reality. of winning records
8-5
9-4 top 25 ranking
10-3 top 25 ranking
6-2 top 25 ranking
10-4 top 25 ranking BT West Championship.
8-5 the year where winning streaks ended and a 4 year streak of top 25 finishes ended.

those are the only #'s that matter, like they say all good things come to a end, now they can start new streaks,

its you that doesn't undertand statistics I put all the records from KF's 1st season to his last, the 2022 season was not the worst season for winning these were the worst.
1999 season 1-10
2000 season 3-8
2012 4-8

now those are classified as bad seasons 8-5 season are not.
another losing season needed a bowl game for that losing record 6-7 in in the 2006 season then in 2007 they went 6-6 those were the 5 worst seasons under Kirk Ferentz. all before Brian became the OC.

but you live in your hate Brian world. while I live in reality. of winning records
8-5
9-4 top 25 ranking
10-3 top 25 ranking
6-2 top 25 ranking
10-4 top 25 ranking BT West Championship.
8-5 the year where winning streaks ended and a 4 year streak of top 25 finishes ended.

those are the only #'s that matter, like they say all good things come to a end, now they can start new streaks,
You did go to an awful lot of work to show that last year tied for the worst winning % in 9 years. If you are happy with the 130th ranked offense in the country then that is a you thing.
Still waiting for any evidence of trashing or hate. I like Brian, his offense last year? Not so much. I know it disappoints you that there isn’t hatred or trashing but it’s reality. Statistics even support it.

• Wow
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
You did go to an awful lot of work to show that last year tied for the worst winning % in 9 years. If you are happy with the 130th ranked offense in the country then that is a you thing.
Still waiting for any evidence of trashing or hate. I like Brian, his offense last year? Not so much. I know it disappoints you that there isn’t hatred or trashing but it’s reality. Statistics even support it.
statistics can be used to make someone look great and those same stats can be used to make that same person look like the worst
2022 finished at 8-5 in 2017 they finished 8-5
2016 8-5
2014 7-6
2013 8-5
2012 4-8 this started a complete over haul of both the Defense and Offensive coaching staffs,
since 2014 they have ended up 8-5 4 times. you can't even cherry pick now can you.

also when determining trends you need more than a small sample size I used Kirks full 24 years to show how you cherry pick your stats to try and show how bad KF and BR are/were and all you keep doing is go back to just 1 year and try to make it out to be the norm under Brian while completely ignoring these season when they avg over 31 ppg that is the trait of a hater that only looks thru tunnel vision.

statistics can be used to make someone look great and those same stats can be used to make that same person look like the worst
2022 finished at 8-5 in 2017 they finished 8-5
2016 8-5
2014 7-6
2013 8-5
2012 4-8 this started a complete over haul of both the Defense and Offensive coaching staffs,
since 2014 they have ended up 8-5 4 times. you can't even cherry pick now can you.

also when determining trends you need more than a small sample size I used Kirks full 24 years to show how you cherry pick your stats to try and show how bad KF and BR are/were and all you keep doing is go back to just 1 year and try to make it out to be the norm under Brian while completely ignoring these season when they avg over 31 ppg that is the trait of a hater that only looks thru tunnel vision.
Now your reading comprehension is in question. Between 2014 and 2022 which are the four 8-5 seasons?

BF results
2017 116th total offense
66th scoring offense

2018 91st total offense
43rd scoring offense

2019 99th total offense
88th scoring offense

2020 87th total offense
40th scoring offense
High point for the offense

2021 121st total offense
99th scoring offense
Worst offense to this point

2022 129th total offense
122nd scoring offense
A new low point for the offense

Full sample size…. But.. but… but the one year they were top 40 in scoring…

Now your reading comprehension is in question. Between 2014 and 2022 which are the four 8-5 seasons?

BF results
2017 116th total offense
66th scoring offense

2018 91st total offense
43rd scoring offense

2019 99th total offense
88th scoring offense

2020 87th total offense
40th scoring offense

2021 121st total offense
99th scoring offense

2022 129th total offense
122nd scoring offense

I laugh when people defend BF by saying it's a "team game" and point to the overall record. Best analogy I've read on this is if you are a successful Fortune 500 company making huge profits but you have 1 sector that's always in the red. Do you just say well profit margin is great so let's just leave everything at status quo or do you try and fix the glitch and try and make that 1 sector profitable but doing something different, especially if same person has overseen it for multiple years. That's why in college football you see teams who are very successful still make changes to their staffs. Like OSU last year and OU under Riley both had unbelievable offenses switch DC who weren't keeping up their end of the deal.

• Haha

BF results
2017 116th total offense
66th scoring offense

2018 91st total offense
43rd scoring offense

2019 99th total offense
88th scoring offense

2020 87th total offense
40th scoring offense

2021 121st total offense
99th scoring offense

2022 129th total offense
122nd scoring offense

you only are looking at the negative vs me who looks at the positive.
2018 8-5 Hock Mackey Award winner, 1st team AA AND NFL 1st Rnd draft pick
Fant 3rd Team AA 1st Rnd NFL Draft Pick.
a win over SEC #18 Mississipi State
Stanley passed for 2852 yards and 26 YD's to just 10 INT's for a 136.5 rating
they went 9-4 and ended up ranked #25 in the AP poll.
and yet you only bitch about a useless stat called total yards
passing 2946 yards and 1929 rushing yards totaling 4875 yards.

grow up already. even in 2012 when they went 8-0 BTWest Championship recorded 5404 total yards which is the 2nd best Offensive total under Kirk and still posters bitched that it wasn't good enough.

you only are looking at the negative vs me who looks at the positive.
2018 8-5 Hock Mackey Award winner, 1st team AA AND NFL 1st Rnd draft pick
Fant 3rd Team AA 1st Rnd NFL Draft Pick.
a win over SEC #18 Mississipi State
Stanley passed for 2852 yards and 26 YD's to just 10 INT's for a 136.5 rating
they went 9-4 and ended up ranked #25 in the AP poll.
and yet you only bitch about a useless stat called total yards
passing 2946 yards and 1929 rushing yards totaling 4875 yards.

grow up already. even in 2012 when they went 8-0 BTWest Championship recorded 5404 total yards which is the 2nd best Offensive total under Kirk and still posters bitched that it wasn't good enough.
I just presented the facts regarding the offense.

Not going to lie, a poster like you using 'grow up' damn near made me spit water on my screen.

I just presented the facts regarding the offense.

Not going to lie, a poster like you using 'grow up' damn near made me spit water on my screen.
those facts mean more to you than it does me. the stats I posted were more in line with how the 2018 season went,

Walk on from IWCC Mekhi Sargeant led the team in rushing with 159 carries for 745 yards.. you bitch about not putting up enough yards while scoring 31.2 ppg.

you are a complete moron bitching about the 2018 season in the 1st place.

those facts mean more to you than it does me. the stats I posted were more in line with how the 2018 season went,

Walk on from IWCC Mekhi Sargeant led the team in rushing with 159 carries for 745 yards.. you bitch about not putting up enough yards while scoring 31.2 ppg.

you are a complete moron bitching about the 2018 season in the 1st place.
Still yet to b*tch, if we were coming off 2018 the hopes would be high. Unfortunately it’s been a couple of years of declining results for the offense.

And yes, we are all very aware that current statistics and facts don’t really matter to you

Still yet to b*tch, if we were coming off 2018 the hopes would be high. Unfortunately it’s been a couple of years of declining results for the offense.

And yes, we are all very aware that current statistics and facts don’t really matter to you
and in 2019 they won 10 games ending the season with a 49-24 victory over USC.

cid just STFU already as all you do is move the goal posts to make yourself feel important.

and in 2019 they won 10 games ending the season with a 49-24 victory over USC.

cid just STFU already as all you do is move the goal posts to make yourself feel important.
My feeling of importance isn’t determined here but thank you for the concern.
My goalpost has remained fairly constant. The offense has regressed the last 3 years. Statistically and has been the leading reason that the team as a whole stepped back last year.
You on the other hand have gone on some excursions
‘Trashed’ - couldn’t support that one with any evidence.
Injuries
Young
KF’s body of work
BF’s good year
‘B*tching’ - no proof there so you move to
Team results
You hate BF - nope
Then 2018
Look how the Gallery line got better
Then 2019
All the while not addressing the statistical and factual truth that the offense has taken a couple of steps backwards. KF and BF would agree.

Fully prepared for your brilliant
‘I am rubber and you are glue….’
approach next.
Your hands must get tired reaching for all those straws…. Keep up the effort, improvement is the goal when you start where you are at

My feeling of importance isn’t determined here but thank you for the concern.
My goalpost has remained fairly constant. The offense has regressed the last 3 years. Statistically and has been the leading reason that the team as a whole stepped back last year.
You on the other hand have gone on some excursions
‘Trashed’ - couldn’t support that one with any evidence.
Injuries
Young
KF’s body of work
BF’s good year
‘B*tching’ - no proof there so you move to
Team results
You hate BF - nope
Then 2018
Look how the Gallery line got better
Then 2019
All the while not addressing the statistical and factual truth that the offense has taken a couple of steps backwards. KF and BF would agree.

Fully prepared for your brilliant
‘I am rubber and you are glue….’
approach next.
Your hands must get tired reaching for all those straws…. Keep up the effort, improvement is the goal when you start where you are at
all have is the meaningless stats while I use the only stat that matters is wins plus a BT West Championship in 2021, that really pisses you off to know end as it does not fit your agenda of trashing the program. but again you will deflect as ignoring your stats. oh yeah that 2021 team went 10-4.

all you can do is belly about your meaningless stats. the big boys that sign the checks are the wins and losses.

the only won loss stat that was not a 8 plus win season was the 2020 season o 6-2 during the covid season when the season was shutdown with Michigan and Missouri games were both cancelled

all have is the meaningless stats while I use the only stat that matters is wins plus a BT West Championship in 2021, that really pisses you off to know end as it does not fit your agenda of trashing the program. but again you will deflect as ignoring your stats. oh yeah that 2021 team went 10-4.

all you can do is belly about your meaningless stats. the big boys that sign the checks are the wins and losses.

the only won loss stat that was not a 8 plus win season was the 2020 season o 6-2 during the covid season when the season was shutdown with Michigan and Missouri games were both cancelled
Odd, I have been talking about the offense.
If total team was the discussion then going from 10 to 8 and from a West Championship to no championship is viewed as progress in your eyes. That is with a defense that went from 17th in the 10 win, championship season to 2nd in the 8 win non championship season…. Hmmmm what could have caused the regression if the defense improved so much?
With your thought process I am probably b*tching because the defense didn’t rank #1 and score more points.

Keep being you, it’s amusing

Does that mean they play all the young kids when they hit 7 wins? You know, to make sure the next year they land on 7 wins again.

it is 100 percent obvious the goal is to hit seven wins on the everage at iowa ...then if you hit 9 by accident it is all gravy after 7
how many 7-5 since 2013 has there been. without looking since Brian became the OC he has fad just one sub 7 win season 6 when they only played 8 games,

minus that season they have had 45 wins and 21 losses, for a 68.2% winning rate. with one BTWest Championship in 5 years.

that dies not = 7-5 seasons.
here are the wins per season since Kirk became the HC
1-10
3-8
7-5
11-2 #8 Final rankinh 8-0 BT Championship
10-2 #8 final ranking
10-2 #8 final ranking 2nd BT Championship
7-5
6-7
6-6
9-4 # 20 final ranking
11-2 #7 final ranking
8-5
7-6
4-8
8-5
7-6
12-2 8-0 BTWest championship #9 final ranking
8-5
8-5
9-4 # 25 final ranking
10-3 # 25 final ranking
6-2 # 15 final ranking
10-4 #23 final ranking BTWest Championship.
8-5
2023 to be determined.

4 times under Kirk have they finished with just 7 wins.

• Haha
how many 7-5 since 2013 has there been. without looking since Brian became the OC he has fad just one sub 7 win season 6 when they only played 8 games,

minus that season they have had 45 wins and 21 losses, for a 68.2% winning rate. with one BTWest Championship in 5 years.

that dies not = 7-5 seasons.
here are the wins per season since Kirk became the HC
1-10
3-8
7-5
11-2 #8 Final rankinh 8-0 BT Championship
10-2 #8 final ranking
10-2 #8 final ranking 2nd BT Championship
7-5
6-7
6-6
9-4 # 20 final ranking
11-2 #7 final ranking
8-5
7-6
4-8
8-5
7-6
12-2 8-0 BTWest championship #9 final ranking
8-5
8-5
9-4 # 25 final ranking
10-3 # 25 final ranking
6-2 # 15 final ranking
10-4 #23 final ranking BTWest Championship.
8-5
2023 to be determined.

4 times under Kirk have they finished with just 7 wins.
Or 10 times with 7 or fewer

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT