ADVERTISEMENT

Really Like this class

It's more than just the offered kids as well. There are a lot of real players in this walkon group and many of them will leave this program with a scholarship. Underrated midwestern walkons are a lifeblood to this program. Love that we are bringing in so many LB types. Cream will rise to the top.
The beauty of the early signing period is it gives the coaches more time to recruit the PWO's and not have to hold the hands of the verbal commits. Hopefully this plays out well and is our formula to 10+ win seasons in the future. Amazed by how many PWO's wanted to be a Hawkeye vs a schollie at another school.

Reactions: VicHawkeye
You’re probably right. He’s listed at 6’8” 250lb TE. I would think he would redshirt and see how quickly they can get him 280+.
I don't have an inside source, but if I remember correctly he and his high school coach talked about his transition to the OL when he committed. I honestly don't think they threw the ball to him that much in high school. I think he's more known as an edge blocker.

Reactions: millhawk
I would love to see the tackle eligible play in our arsenal. Look at our fake field goal with OSU and look at the trick plays in the Super Bowl. That's what makes FB exciting!

I don't have an inside source, but if I remember correctly he and his high school coach talked about his transition to the OL when he committed. I honestly don't think they threw the ball to him that much in high school. I think he's more known as an edge blocker.

Yes, I realize even BTN lists him as an OT. But when the person asked "who is the 6'8'' TE prospect coming"? I answered Jack Plumb. Should have answered Jack Plumb who will most likely end up at OT.

Jack Plumb out of Wisconsin.
Badgers got on him very late in a year where there was really only room for 1 OL.
He was ALWAYS going to be an OL, maybe start as a Jumbo TE but always an OL.

I like both of the WISCONSIN OL's you took, think both will eventually play, as will the ILB walk on, just a bad year for us to take too many at those positions.

I think this is a VERY good IOWA class, Badgers went in a different direction this season.
Lot's and lot's of speed and not as much infra-structure but our 2019 class has already started dealing with that area, we're off to an amazing start, think all 8 verbals have a good chance to be 4 stars by season's end.
2 of the 3 stars had late OSU and MICH offers..
https://wisconsin.rivals.com/commitments/football/2019

If I had to rank them:

QB - B+ Film looks great, kid has size and a great arm
RB - B Locked in at this position early
WR - 4 deep with size and speed
OL - B+ I think they are better than the rating
DL - A Deep across the board, best DL class I can remember
LB - B+ 4 deep, McDonald can fly and Doyle's the real deal. Buddy of mine in Sioux Falls said Benson is really good
DB - A Once again can'y remember when we have gotten several 4-star DB's
Have to think our dbs success in the NFL is starting to pay recruiting dividends

Reactions: kceasthawk
https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/2016-huskeronline-com-scholarship-distribution-chart
I don't know that that is your best stance either. You had 7 wrs, the best of which are young, and you took 3? I won't give you a hard time about running back because we have this "god" thing. 4 DBs when you have 8(6 of which have 2 or more years of eligibility) was another oversell imo. That being said I will concede you have allocated a bunch more schollies to OL than I thought, not going to be a quick turnaround for you guys there. Like I said, with our class I can look at it and say "this is what we are trying to do" with Nebraska's I think you got better places you were already "good".

Nebraska had 5 scholarship WRs on that depth Chart. The 2 Jrs are Juco transfers in the class this year.

1 of the SO DBs is also a Juco for this class. OF the 5 reaming CBs only 2 of them have starting experience.

Nebraska has tons of Talent on the OLINE if you are going by stars. Just had an absolute garbage coach.

Badgers got on him very late in a year where there was really only room for 1 OL.
He was ALWAYS going to be an OL, maybe start as a Jumbo TE but always an OL.

I like both of the WISCONSIN OL's you took, think both will eventually play, as will the ILB walk on, just a bad year for us to take too many at those positions.

I think this is a VERY good IOWA class, Badgers went in a different direction this season.
Lot's and lot's of speed and not as much infra-structure but our 2019 class has already started dealing with that area, we're off to an amazing start, think all 8 verbals have a good chance to be 4 stars by season's end.
2 of the 3 stars had late OSU and MICH offers..
https://wisconsin.rivals.com/commitments/football/2019

Your start to the '19 class is very good. Tip of the hat if you can keep Logan Brown on board. The biggies will come after him.

The Iowa coaches think their two oline instate verbals are 4 star quality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT