ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting...

maxstabs13

HB Heisman
Aug 20, 2005
First off, when was the last time the Big 10 had 4 teams ranked in the Top 10 of recruiting? Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Michigan State currently. 5 Top 25. 6 Top 30. 8 Top 35. 10 Top 40. 11 Top 50. Via Rivals.

It will always be discussed with season such as this, but I have kept an eye on a few players that I really wish we could convince to come to Iowa.

Tucker McCann- Kicker/Punter- We know that with a solid punting and kicking game we always have solid seasons and he isn't to far down the road, but he is committed to the SEC team just south of us... The product of O'Fallon, Illinois is committed to Missouri, but I would love to get someone like him to Iowa. I know we have "wasted" scholarships in the past on kickers/punters, but this one wouldn't be a waste. Much like Recinos I think this kid will be very solid in college. If he stays with Missouri they are getting an NFL caliber kicker/punter.

Matt Farniok- OL- His brother played for Iowa State and was a solid OL. Matt is better and frankly with the status of Paul Rhoads likely not good he may not want to follow his brother to Iowa State. He would be another great addition to our offensive line. At 6'5 315lb he already has NFL size. A year under Doyle and he could trim down, muscle up, and be ready for the big boys early.

Thomas Schaffer- OL- 6'6 245lb... I think we've seen a few of those before... Ike Boettger just to name a recent one. Prefect body type to mold for multiple positions if the coaches find something that suits him better.

Donald Stewart- WR- 6'4 183lb... Not a burner. He has great hands and obviously height. He needs to add some meat to his frame, but reminds me of a young Marvin McNutt. Add some strength and I think he will be great at using his body to make separation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walk on potential with upside

Korby Sander- Belmond Klemme... LB/Safety... Solid speed and likes contact. Needs to lower his pad level some.

Sam Cook- Fort Dodge... FB/LB... Not particularly tall, but built/quick loves contact and has been great in 4A level RB in Iowa.

Feel free to add to this list... Just a few people I noticed when I had time to check things out.

Reactions: will7499
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT