ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Recruits excited about Iowa's strong finish

Apr 8, 2003
I'm going to keep adding to this tomorrow - hopefully we'll hear back from more of the undecided guys - but wanted to give you a preview before I call it a night.

---

Recruits excited about Iowa's strong finish

More: Offer List | Commitment List | Recruiting Board | Scholarship Distribution

After Iowa's 40-10 victory over Nebraska on Friday, we caught up with a number of recruits to get their thoughts on the Hawkeyes' strong finish this month, winning their final three games of the regular season. See what the prospects had to say right here.

What are your thoughts on Iowa’s finish this season, winning their last three games?

---

Zamari Maxwell, Class of 2017 CB (undecided)

“They mean business when it comes down to big games. Michigan especially made a huge impression.”

---

Max Duggan, Class of 2019 QB (undecided)

“The last three games show a lot of character about this Coach Ferentz team and what they are like. Being there today, the atmosphere was great at Kinnick stadium especially with senior day. It was a really fun game to watch and I loved every second of it.”

---

Saybein Clark, Class of 2018 ATH (undecided)

“It really shows the team’s character, just how they could bounce back and come out with a blowout win over Nebraska, which is always lovely to see.”

---

Kendall Gould, Class of 2017 WR (undecided)

"It has been amazing to see them finish so strong. The best one was beating Michigan and storming that field after they won. That was unreal. It just goes to show how Iowa never gives up and they keep fighting no matter what the circumstances are. Being in Iowa City, it's such an amazing feeling and the atmosphere is crazy."

---

Josh Turner, Class of 2017 CB (Iowa commit)

“It's been really good to see them fight through the adversity and finish strong after the loss to Penn State and also dealing with all of the injuries and to still be able to win those tough games. It just shows how tough the team is mentally and the coaches as well.”

---

Peyton Mansell, Class of 2017 QB (Iowa commit)

“It's a really good sign to see how the team overcame adversity and went and knocked off two top 25 teams.”

---

Djimon Colbert, Class of 2017 DB (Iowa commit)

“I think it just shows how strong our team is and how our coaching staff will lead us in the right direction. No matter what people say, on Saturdays Coach Ferentz always knows how to put his team in the best position to win. Plus, I feel the defense has been strong as ever right now and it's something I can't wait to be a part of in the next few months.”

---

Camron Harrell, Class of 2017 CB (Iowa commit)

“Iowa finished mighty strong. I'm not going to say it was shocking because we all knew what they were capable of. They just need to find it within themselves and they truly did. It was amazing to watch Iowa finish the way they did. I couldn't be a more proud future Hawk.”

---

Tristan Wirfs, Class of 2017 OL (Iowa commit)

“I think it's awesome that they could end their season with some big wins. I'm excited about it and I know they must be pretty pumped, especially to beat Michigan in an awesome game like that. It seemed these last few weeks everything was clicking and that's how you want to end your season with everything working just right. You want to peak at the right time. It’s just awesome to see how they ended their regular season and hopefully we get a good draw for a bowl game. I'm really excited to get down there this summer and start the next chapter as a Hawk.”

---

Levi Duwa, Class of 2017 DE (Iowa commit)

“It's been great. I think it really showed how much heart those guys have. They played Iowa Hawkeye football those last few games and it was awesome to see, especially being able to be there to watch the big upset over Michigan. That is something that I will never forget.”

---

Mike Bruner, Class of 2018 LB (Iowa commit)

“It really makes me feel happy that I chose the right place to go. If Iowa is able to beat arguably the best team in the nation, they're able to beat any team in the nation. I couldn't be happier that I committed to Iowa because of what they've demonstrated in their last few games.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News