ADVERTISEMENT

Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman says homophobic slur on air.

You should change the title to “Former” Reds announcer, because it will happen soon

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Cancel culture? Also, I’m not sure this moves the needle in Cincinnati. Marge Schott is somewhere nodding along in agreement.

e57f914304375cfc534df8248384dd81--sean-hannity-rush-limbaugh.jpg

Which city is he referring to? I may want to visit.
It sounds like they were having a side conversation and he violated rule #1 of broadcasting by not assuming the microphone is hot. It isn’t clear what city he is talking about.
Hopefully he clarifies this.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Ouch. Normally I’m a bit forgiving when it comes to canceling people based strictly on using a specific word or phrase. In this case the whole point of the guy’s job is speaking. You had one job guy: talk. There you go and talk very badly. Later.

He can probably get a job selling cars at Thomson-MacConnell Cadillac.

“I am so sorry that I got caught and that I’m going to lose my job. I give no apology for actually using the offensive term, nor to the millions of people that it offended.“

His old man, Marty, almost lost his Reds announcing gig pretty much the same way. Dunno how he kept his job.

In 2010 he called Marshall U’s President a queer. At, get this, Marshall Baseball’s awards banquet.

Both of em are, or WERE, good announcers, but it sure makes me think while this was an unforced error by Thomm, it’s not like he was raised not to say shit like that it appears.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT