ADVERTISEMENT

Refuses to Clean Up More than 25,000 Dead People from Voter Rolls

In doing a bit of background reading for context on this issue I learned that prior to Benson becoming Michigan’s Secretary of State in 2019, Republicans had held the position for 24 consecutive years. I’m curious to know why thousands of these dead voters remained on the rolls even while the office was occupied by a Republican.

In doing a bit of background reading for context on this issue I learned that prior to Benson becoming Michigan’s Secretary of State in 2019, Republicans had held the position for 24 consecutive years. I’m curious to know why thousands of these dead voters remained on the rolls even while the office was occupied by a Republican.
So how about the Dems show how great they are and just delete? Therefore, nobody questions voter integrity

Oh oh, that might just end the thread here.

Reactions: Ree4
That’s completely different!

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4 and fsu1jreed
Is their voter fraud occurring? Sweeping voter rolls is what Team Red does in order to keep those pesky blacks and young voters away on Election Day.

So nothing wrong with guns that don't get used in mass shootings then either,... good to know.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
It is unfortunate that the courts are having to intervene in this dispute.
It would appear the state has demonstrated they are working on removing people from the QVF ( Qualified Voter File) as there are 9000 fewer names on the list than when PILF started auditing the QVF (2019).
If the state would have responded to the initial letters with an accounting of how they are validating the information PILF supplied so they can authorize the county clerks to remove the deceased voters a court case seemingly could have been avoided.

The issue seems to be the state doesn't want to be told what to do or how fast they have to do something. (presumably because of budgeting/staffing concerns) and PILF wants to "prove" another state has issues so they can once again laud how they are changing how Americans feel about election integrity.

So nothing wrong with guns that don't get used in mass shootings then either,... good to know.

Why would there be something wrong with guns not used in a mass shooting? I assume that would apply to a few million guns in the US.

So how about the Dems show how great they are and just delete? Therefore, nobody questions voter integrity
Maybe because it’s work to do and if done correctly it takes more than just hitting a delete key? They should purge the dead voters, but if it takes time and resources then it could be a bit, especially if previous folks weren’t doing the work either

Seems pretty damn odd they don’t remove them. Don’t you think so? Why would they not?
I read something that said they routinely remove dead people as they get notified through some process, but it's more difficult and time consuming to remove people that have been dead for a while. My guess it's a matter of prioritizing what you can do with limited staff.

Reactions: Jan Itor
I’m good with sweeping voter rolls clean. However, if a person is wrongfully removed the governmental body doing that should have to pay the voter a penalty for the hassle of getting reinstated. So if I get removed erroneously I get a check for $500. Make the government be super Conscientious when they sweep the rolls.
You should also get to cast at minimum a provisional vote in addition to the $500, because more than likely you'll have no idea it happened to you until you try to vote.

What about wiping anyone off who hasn't voted in 20 years too? It would make for cleaner rolls for those who have moved, etc.

The first part would probably be an argument for taking ID with you to vote.

Seems pretty damn odd they don’t remove them. Don’t you think so? Why would they not?
You are confusing sloppy with nefarious.
There is not evidence that there was fraud. That does not stop the GOP from creating hysteria, and using this as justification to suppress live people from voting.
I hope you are paying attention to the insanity that Team Red is attempting to perpetrate in Arizona.

How does that work?
It's quite simple, and the GOP is putting it into practice all over the US. Wipe the rolls, and legitimate, albeit casual voters show up only to be told they aren't registered, and they can't vote, or they risk going to jail. Or, they are told they can fill out a provisional ballot, which may or may not be counted, or they just feel marginalized, and they leave.
This isn't 4D level chess what the GOP is doing. Establish a sense of hostility to keep people away from their polling place. Multiple states in 2020 were decided by tens of thousands of votes. The GOP sees voter suppression as a tool to cling to power. The last thing the GOP wants is a high turnout.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
It's quite simple, and the GOP is putting it into practice all over the US. Wipe the rolls, and legitimate, albeit casual voters show up only to be told they aren't registered, and they can't vote, or they risk going to jail. Or, they are told they can fill out a provisional ballot, which may or may not be counted, or they just feel marginalized, and they leave.
This isn't 4D level chess what the GOP is doing. Establish a sense of hostility to keep people away from their polling place. Multiple states in 2020 were decided by tens of thousands of votes. The GOP sees voter suppression as a tool to cling to power. The last thing the GOP wants is a high turnout.
But you said it's minorities. Wouldn't that affect anyone who was dead and came back to life to vote? Why would only minorities be flagged as dead and purged?

And to comment on your other post, yes there is evidence from various places that dead people are voting.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
You are confusing sloppy with nefarious.
There is not evidence that there was fraud. That does not stop the GOP from creating hysteria, and using this as justification to suppress live people from voting.
I hope you are paying attention to the insanity that Team Red is attempting to perpetrate in Arizona.
Never said there was fraud

Reactions: biggreydogs
WTF does this have to do with anything? Pretty random as far as deflections go, but next time you probably shouldn't choose the company that just kicked the asses of multiple right wing propaganda networks about spreading lies about its product.
I'm guessing they probably didn't hear the truth about this, only the misinformation leading up to it.

Maybe because it’s work to do and if done correctly it takes more than just hitting a delete key? They should purge the dead voters, but if it takes time and resources then it could be a bit, especially if previous folks weren’t doing the work either
So vote integrity and confidence in election takes to much work?

You do realize that the turnout was because of mail in ballots disguised as fear of COVID? In addition, the process to send in mailed ballots is unconstitutional in various states.

You do realize that the turnout was because of mail in ballots disguised as fear of COVID? In addition, the process to send in mailed ballots is unconstitutional in various states.
wait-what.gif

So what?
Fear is usually what drives folks to action. Think how campaigns are designed… Scare the yell out of voters…lie to them and fill them with half-truths…gets out the votes.
What Folks like u realized in 2020 is that this “strategy” can work both ways. 7 million more Americans were seated shitless about 4 more Trump years. It was a sobering realization. Trump was a piece of shit and America voted accordingly.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
This article has nothing to do with mailed in ballots or anything being "unconstitutional". Did you even read it? The Wisconsin supreme court ruled that drop boxes for ballot collection are now illegal. It even says that in the URL, LOL! Try reading your own sources next time.

Imagine that, conservatives are trying to make it harder to vote. Why are they so afraid of fair elections?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT