ADVERTISEMENT

Reggie

SoFla-Hawkeye

HB Heisman
Nov 12, 2001
10 years ago today. A great Hawkeye who was an even better friend. He was the most happy when you were happy. I don't find that trait in many people today. Sad. The world could use a few more like Reggie.

A good man and great athlete. Yeah, the sound he made when his foot hit the ball was pretty distinctive. Even KF noticed that. He was a real weapon for the Hawks.

Iowa 10
Nebraska 7

Reggie 11 punts for still single game record 55.8 average...would not have pulled that upset off without Him...

Long time Hawk fan who saw RR many times. Help me out here. Didn't Reggie have something like a 90 yard punt in Kinnick punting with the wind, over the returners head and it kept on rolling and rolling. Finally ended up on 1 or 2 yard line. Any old timers remember this?

Reggie's commitment to Iowa was a key factor in Hayden's ability to turn the program around. There were certainly other key recruits but Reggie's strong leg helped cover up team weaknesses, both offensive and defensive.

Originally posted by ranger3:
Long time Hawk fan who saw RR many times. Help me out here. Didn't Reggie have something like a 90 yard punt in Kinnick punting with the wind, over the returners head and it kept on rolling and rolling. Finally ended up on 1 or 2 yard line. Any old timers remember this?
I kind of remember it..it did go out at the goal line...I don't think it was 90 yards. My memory tells me it more in the 70-75 yard range.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT