ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Darryl Moore?

Dude is killing it with lessons. Over half the girls and about half of the boys I coach go to him for skills.
b2f6d154030dd8269b0fb648f5b387c2.jpg

Dude is killing it with lessons. Over half the girls and about half of the boys I coach go to him for skills.

If there is any former Hawk that I would want to coach up my kids - it would be him. As a 6’2” PF the dude had to be fundamentally sound. Him and Jason Bauer stand out to me as two guys who busted their ass 100% of the time. I love that Garza currently has that mentality.

Two good story’s bro.

1. i lived next door to him in the infamous pheasant ridge HUD houses while I was in grad school. Said hi to him chatted a bit with him when we met at the doors. Nice guy.

2. met up with him again playing ball at the aspen club in Des Moines after college. Went head to head with him one day in a game, in my mind, got the better of him. Of course, that’s just like my opinion man.

I played against him in pick up ball in the Fieldhouse when he wasn't yet a regular for the team and I was in grad school. It was fun seeing him fly in that environment. He was a very nice dude. Down to earth, friendly and approachable.

One of the best players in PTL history.
That is what I remember. Didn't he keep getting better for several years after college?

Back in the 80's, someone tried to start a 6'4" and under pro league. He would have been an awesome forward in a league like that.

Bought a car from him. Forget what the dealership was, was well before Billion took over everything in IC. Super friendly guy.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
My boys go to him for lessons (as do about half of the kids in the area). He just expanded his gym in N Liberty too. Great guy, great teacher of fundamentals. I can't say enough good things about him.
Do you do the private lessons? My 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son are starting first year of league basketball. Was thinking it might be wise to supplement with some outside practice from him. Thanks

I played against him in pick up ball in the Fieldhouse when he wasn't yet a regular for the team and I was in grad school. It was fun seeing him fly in that environment. He was a very nice dude. Down to earth, friendly and approachable.

Hmm, I played with him and talked to him many times at that time in the Fieldhouse. I was a graduate student too. You guys (and him) called me "Vlade." Good ol' times. Left an ACL and an MCL in the Fieldhouse. 15 years of playing in the Fieldhouse.

Reactions: AZmess and HawkPT
Nice article. But I don't think Gray Team was ever more than five guys. 12? No way.

Hmm, I played with him and talked to him many times at that time in the Fieldhouse. I was a graduate student too. You guys (and him) called me "Vlade." Good ol' times. Left an ACL and an MCL in the Fieldhouse. 15 years of playing in the Fieldhouse.

OH. MY. GOD.

I played with you a lot!!

Do you do the private lessons? My 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son are starting first year of league basketball. Was thinking it might be wise to supplement with some outside practice from him. Thanks

We do the private lessons, have also done small group lessons (usually 2 people) and he's also done lessons for the whole team. Usually an hour and he works them pretty hard (but not overworked), make sure to take a water bottle.

Reactions: bdg8
I remember him. Thought he was a walk on that ended up being a scholarship player. IIRC, he played with Woolridge his senior season. Not a star player but definitely a nice find that contributed some good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT