ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when Fran wandered down to the IU huddle?

Franisdaman

HB King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
OMG. I can't stop laughing.

FNrTTOLXwAA7JFY

Woodson kept trying to pull the officials over to their bench throughout the game. Izzo type move to constantly be in the officials heads during the game. Great job by Fran to break that kind of crap up. Its pretty funny watching the Hoosier media and fans melt down over it all. Woodson and his staff were trying to play the officials all game.

I'm solidly in Fran's corner but that shit will get him in trouble more often than not and it could have cost the Hawkeyes a win today.
Yeah that would have probably ended any comeback attempt getting a T at that time. Probably not the brightest move, but it was a risk probably worth taking because it did change some of the officiating moving forward.

I'm solidly in Fran's corner but that shit will get him in trouble more often than not and it could have cost the Hawkeyes a win today.
I'll be completely honest, I am super surprised he wasn't T'd up in that situation. It was a timeout but was way over by IU's bench to 'discuss' things with the refs.

In fact, I thought that was what Nantz was in the process of explaining when came back from the timeout and Fran was shown going at either the ref or IU's coach, that he'd be given a Technical and was why he was over there going at someone.

I'll be completely honest, I am super surprised he wasn't T'd up in that situation. It was a timeout but was way over by IU's bench to 'discuss' things with the refs.

In fact, I thought that was what Nantz was in the process of explaining when came back from the timeout and Fran was shown going at either the ref or IU's coach, that he'd be given a Technical and was why he was over there going at someone.
Very fortunate. If an opposing coach would walk nearly all the way to the Iowa huddle in that manner Iowa fans would be livid, and rightfully so. Mike Woodson was clearly upset and his assistants were starting to circle around to meet Fran. It could have gotten ugly real quick. You just don't do that shit unless you're begging for a T. He has to be smarter than that.

Very fortunate. If an opposing coach would walk nearly all the way to the Iowa huddle in that manner Iowa fans would be livid, and rightfully so. Mike Woodson was clearly upset and his assistants were starting to circle around to meet Fran. It could have gotten ugly real quick. You just don't do that shit unless you're begging for a T. He has to be smarter than that.
While I agree, I also agree with others that the officiating evened out after that.

Might have just seemed that way, but the gambit by Fran worked out (that time).

All of you saying he got lucky.....why were all the officials down there by the IU bench and in their huddle? Seems like Fran joking about advocating for the Hawkeyes I'd more accurate than funny although it was really funny.

The refs don't belong in their huddle either. Very strange for it to happen

Woodson was working the refs big time. Fran didn't think it was right, he was correct, nothing good for Iowa was going to come out of that garbage.

Personally the refs have no business talking to coaches on either bench during a timeout. If it is a review timeout, only to explain the result of the review. Go to center court and wait until time out is finished.

Yeah, pretty risky for Fran….but as others said….why was the entire officiating crew huddling up with Indiana?

Yeah, pretty risky for Fran….but as others said….why was the entire officiating crew huddling up with Indiana?
Agree. And Fran probably walked down there to see what was the matter with all three of the officials in their huddle. Smart move by Fran to calmly go down there to inquire as to why that was happening.

Reactions: Randall Stanhope
All of you saying he got lucky.....why were all the officials down there by the IU bench and in their huddle? Seems like Fran joking about advocating for the Hawkeyes I'd more accurate than funny although it was really funny.

The refs don't belong in their huddle either. Very strange for it to happen
Little Larry seemed to be smiling a lot when Indiana went on their run before our comeback.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT