ADVERTISEMENT

Repub proposed 22% budget cut to VA

Since the war began, the Biden administration and the U.S. Congress have directed more than $75 billion in assistance to Ukraine, which includes humanitarian, financial, and military support, according to the Kiel Institute for the World Economy, a German research institute.

Proxy wars are expensive. How much has Russia spent so far?

Has nothing to do with not helping and everything to do with how inefficient the VA and the VA framework is.
Medicare budget is almost twice that of the VA at $680B, but it covers over 11x as many people. Medicare on average is about $10k/member. VA is about $55K/member.
They operate their own facilities that aren't nearly as efficient as private sector. And they are offering services to vets that have nothing to do with things derived from service or even health for that matter— loans, burial unrelated to service, nursing homes, etc.
Tell me you know nothing about insurance without telling me you know nothing about insurance. Vets are likely higher utilizers, therefore costing more to provide healthcare for.

Also, are you suggesting we should cut other veterans benefits that were agreed upon when those vets entered service?

Reactions: Moral and B1GDeal
Tell me you know nothing about insurance without telling me you know nothing about insurance. Vets are likely higher utilizers, therefore costing more to provide healthcare for.

Also, are you suggesting we should cut other veterans benefits that were agreed upon when those vets entered service?
As usual, the truth is in the middle. Vets use more care and VA's are incredibly inefficient.

Reminder how we got here:
Priority Group 1 is service related,
7jlg77.jpg

See, that bottom number is what happens when you send a couple of million young people into combat zones where they get broken mentally and physically. If we're going to decide to do that, the paying for it on the other end comes with it. And that number will continue to get bigger as those young people become not young anymore.

Methinks you had no issue with paying for the thing that caused all those people to get broken. So, not wanting to pay to fix them makes one a piece of s***.

Funny, Republicans support the troops...until they're no longer useful, then they s*** on them. Kind of like I've been saying for years.
Yup, use 'em and throw 'em away. Pretty useless once they're too busted up to send to war.

Guess I had it pretty good in the service. Never in a place where I got shot at. When I got my honorable discharge I figure I was Paid in Full. Lotta guys didn't have it quite that good.

{edit} I did use a fair bit of GI bill for education so I was actually paid a little more.

Yup, use 'em and throw 'em away. Pretty useless once they're too busted up to send to war.

Guess I had it pretty good in the service. Never in a place where I got shot at. When I got my honorable discharge I figure I was Paid in Full. Lotta guys didn't have it quite that good.

{edit} I did use a fair bit of GI bill for education so I was actually paid a little more.
GI Bill is just deferred compensation. You were owed anything you were promised when you signed. We’re not Russians, we pay our servicemen what they’re owed.

Reactions: Tom Paris
GI Bill is just deferred compensation. You were owed anything you were promised when you signed. We’re not Russians, we pay our servicemen what they’re owed.
Yeah well, Republicans have decided we're not going to do that anymore. Tough shit.

• Sad
Reactions: mnole03
You have to be kidding. Some of you libs are like petulant children.

Households across America are struggling in many ways and it's only going to get worse.

This country is heading for a financial cliff.

Tough decisions await. You can't just keep printing money.
GOP plan will only make this worse. It guts working class programs to protect billionaire tax cheats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT