ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans give Biden an 'F' for not reopening all schools within 100 days even though he's been in office for 44 days

Going back to school is the right thing to do from both a scientific and humane point of view.

shame on you for giving Biden a full 100 days to do the right thing. You part of the teaching union or something?

Reactions: hawkland14
The QOP trying to do math...

giphy.gif

Going back to school is the right thing to do from both a scientific and humane point of view.

shame on you for giving Biden a full 100 days to do the right thing. You part of the teaching union or something?

You can disagree as to whether or not setting a goal to have schools reopened within 100 days was acceptable, but this thread was about a politician claiming a failing grade for a goal that is not even halfway to completion, which is idiotic. Barrasso is grandstanding for political purposes and you are falling for it. Be better.

Have you told your school board? Or do you expect the nanny state federal government to get your kids back to school?

private school for us, thanks!

You can disagree as to whether or not setting a goal to have schools reopened within 100 days was acceptable, but this thread was about a politician claiming a failing grade for a goal that is not even halfway to completion, which is idiotic. Barrasso is grandstanding for political purposes and you are falling for it. Be better.

I’m not the one “falling for anything”. You are. You’re somehow not trusting science and obviously you hate children because keeping them home is wrong.

Reactions: hawkland14

I’m not the one “falling for anything”. You are. You’re somehow not trusting science and obviously you hate children because keeping them home is wrong.

Your private school doesn't have a school board?

This is presented in an idiotic way.

However, Biden's performance on returning to school is definitely pathetic and worthy of an F.

- He set a "plan" that laid out 50% of kids being in school 2 days a week by April. Which is actually LESS than is currently happening. He basically set out a plan for fewer kids in schools.

- His admin slapped down his CDC director for stating that kids should be back in school

- His CDC then created a guidance which is essentially a "never go back to school" card for teachers unions with unrealistic and unscientific guidance on distancing and community prevalence which won't be met ever. Many schools that were finally set to go back cancelled plans to do so thanks to that guidance, which doesn't fit the guidance being used anywhere in the world.

Yes, Biden can't snap his fingers and send everyone back to school. But his administration has absolutely been working toward fewer kids in schools, not more. If you care about the issue, an F is too good a grade.

Reactions: Pepperman

^^ Speaking of someone who’s gone over the cliff...

Reactions: cigaretteman
Most states have had students back in the building since August and have done so safely. It's just the few that happen to have governors scared of the teacher unions that do not. This is not about safety. Schools all across this state and the country have proven this can done safely.

Republicans life expectancy dropped precipitously during covid such that 1 day for democrats feels like 2.27 for republicans. Hence their criticism -- time is wasting, republicans are dying.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Geez, I thought you'd use the logical response rather than the weak "only 44 days" one. He CAN"T reopen schools. He has NO power to do so, except to tell his school union cronies to quit acting like idiots and move on.

The best way to open schools is to beat COVID

Reactions: cigaretteman
The best way to open schools is to beat COVID

There's the rallying cry. A standard that is 100% impossible before reopening schools. And yet not a single scientist anywhere thinks that COVID is ever going away any more that the flu has been "beaten".

LOL...those of you whose kids aren't in school now...they're never going back. Good luck to you.

Reactions: artradley
There's the rallying cry. A standard that is 100% impossible before reopening schools. And yet not a single scientist anywhere thinks that COVID is ever going away any more that the flu has been "beaten".

LOL...those of you whose kids aren't in school now...they're never going back. Good luck to you.

Thank you for saying something that I didn't say, imply or mean.

Kids need to be in school. I remain sad for those who aren't and angry that the Trump Administration didn't take a global pandemic seriously.

This is certainly idiotic but the dems have no room to talk. They vowed to impeach a president that had not even taken office yet.

Damn, Republicans are dumb. All of em.

Now you know why there are so many conservative media outlets.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have not said anything about whether or not all classes should be in person. In fact, I have one daughter in college right now with in person classes. I have another daughter in college at home because all of her classes on line. I have a third daughter in high school who will have in person classes starting in two weeks, which was our choice.

My original comment was in regard to a politician making a stupid comment to get people like you fired up, which worked. So yes, you did fall for his act.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
One nice thing about covid is that it got conservatives to be pro school and education as opposed to theories about liberal indoctrination centers. Although, I suspect it won't last long.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
One nice thing about covid is that it got conservatives to be pro school and education as opposed to theories about liberal indoctrination centers. Although, I suspect it won't last long.

got a link to support this? Conservatives are anti school? Can you please explain what you mean?

Republicans life expectancy dropped precipitously during covid such that 1 day for democrats feels like 2.27 for republicans. Hence their criticism -- time is wasting, republicans are dying.

I swear, most of my good stuff goes unnoticed

got a link to support this? Conservatives are anti school? Can you please explain what you mean?

It was intended to be a reference of the skepticism towards higher education and intellectualism in general. It turns out education and liberal views are correlated to a degree. If the relationship was opposite, my guess is that conservatives wouldn't have as big of an issue with education. It's probably fairer to say that conservatives aren't anti school, they're more anti results of schooling.

In general, they also don't like to pay for public school (taxes) and they are also under represented in teaching and academia.

It also turns out we have discussed this before, where you agreed that colleges/universities are liberal indoctrination centers is "absolutely true".

l5jpk1X.jpg

Here is one link that illustrates what I was referencing. Let me know if you'd like to see others.

PSDT_08.19.19_highered-00-01.png

Thorne that’s weak even for you. Universities aren’t what we’re talking about in this thread. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT