ADVERTISEMENT

Repulsed by Biden vs. Trump? Tough.

30 years ago. What I’m talking about is currently, as in the last 5-10 years. And, here on this board. It’s the left that always ridicules 3rd party voters. Called simple minded above, so yep, checks out.
I'll always hold a grudge against all the people on the far left who threw a fit when Bernie didn't get the nomination in 16 and said they weren't voting or going libertarian/green. There were a lot of them and I do think that was one of the factors that swung the election in favor of the orange dumpster fire. It seems those people learned their lesson in 2020 thankfully but the damage was done, Nader was a real factor in 2000 as well.

If a "RINO" like Liz or Kasich runs as an independent in 24 and it costs Trump or DeSantis a close loss there will be no shortage of 3rd party voter ridicule on the right just like after HW's loss.....if they even accept the results which is far from a given

That's a BS take...sorry. I agree with your overall position but the way you frame it is BS.

Folks have absolutely legitimate gripes with the 2 party system...it hasn't served us well lately...
When corporations are people, Citizens United goes bye bye, and some reasonable protections against monopolizing media… it's no longer designed to serve "us". We deserve what we get.

If a "RINO" like Liz or Kasich runs as an independent in 24 and it costs Trump or DeSantis a close loss there will be no shortage of 3rd party voter ridicule on the right just like after HW's loss.....if they even accept the results which is far from a given
If Kasich runs as an independent in 24, I would vote for him without hesitation over Biden and I'm a democrat.

Neither will be the nominee.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TennNole17
If Kasich runs as an independent in 24, I would vote for him without hesitation over Biden and I'm a democrat.
Kasich has less than a zero chance of winning. There is not one thing anyone can do to change that. If Trump and Biden are the nominees, a vote for Kasich is a vote for the major party candidate you find most offensive. That's simply a fact. If you live in a state where that candidate is going to win in a runaway, then it doesn't matter how you vote. If you live in a swing state, your vote and the votes of other similarly minded people could send that state, and the election, to the candidate you believe is the most dangerous and unqualified.

I have no problem with people voting third-party. I think it's dumb as hell but people do dumb stuff every day. What you can't do is deny the reality of what the vote means. You're not voting for "the best option" because your option CAN'T WIN and is no option at all. You are therefore voting for the major party candidate you would consider the worst option. Just admit it.

Well Republicans won 7 years ago and in 2020 they claimed election fraud. It's not like they accept the results no matter what happens.

Democrats also have a history of not accepting election results,.. Hillary Clinton and Stacey Abrams ring a bell?

Democrats also have a history of not accepting election results,.. Hillary Clinton and Stacey Abrams ring a bell?
Never said they did, but you have to admit DJT took it to a whole new level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT