ADVERTISEMENT

Request to Iowa.forums.rivals.com Re: Iowa Wrestling Forum

As stated and as all of you know, the conversations begin as a wrestling topic then organically transition to current events related to the topic at hand. It seems incredibly easy for one to simply not read and/or click on a topic/ thread they aren’t interested in. But to expect message board moderators to censor and banish posters for posting on “non-wrestling” topics is unrealistic and sophomoric.
We regret to inform you that your nomination for board moderator has been rejected. We appreciate your interest in our forum and hope you continue to support Hawkeye Wrestling in the future.

Respectfully,
Moderator Search Committee
Go Iowa Awesome Wrestling Forum

• Haha
Reactions: AFHawk86 and el dub
Moderator Search Committee
Go Iowa Awesome Wrestling Forum

What are the characteristics you are seeking in a moderator for GIA?

If I were made moderator, I would immediately institute a zero-policy for thread topic diversion, regardless of hijack subject. That means no segues beyond the thread title--even if it's wrestling related.

The agreed to, and amended, consensus behavior rules would be pinned and locked for all to read at the top of the forum.

I would not be very tolerant of ad hominem arguments or personal insults in deference to the fairly large contingency of alleged "snowflake" posters.

I would have a zero tolerance for insults directed at wrestlers, coaches, or their families (regardless of school) as such insults only serve to tarnish the Iowa wrestling program.

I would institute suspensions and banishment in accordance with the posted rules and my fair judgment, where I would factor in the degree of egregiousness of any violation as well as a handles post history.

I would use AI to identify likely puppet accounts based on the combination of reasonable mutually exclusivity of near simultaneous posting and an linguistic analysis of posts. All but one account would be summarily banned after an opportunity to prove genuine uniqueness of posters.

If I were made moderator of GIA, it would provide an ancillary benefit of me not having time to walk a fine line crafting posts that relate directly to the post subject and the conversation but from which other nuanced overtones might be inferred (but are never overtly stated).

Also please recognize, if I were made moderator of GIA, that would mean nobody could put my posts on ignore, as that might adversely affect my consideration.

With Warm Regards,
98lber'

To continue to derail threads is sophomoric. When a thread is continually derailed it negates the relevance of that thread. So when new information about the thread becomes available it’s impossible to find. This process repeats itself over and over again. Many people have tried asking nicely, heck they even created a specific thread where nonsense could be talked about. Yet the idiots persist. I’m tired of dealing with the idiots. Eventually all this site will have is idiots because the people who want to talk about wrestling have left to find other locations.
The problem is, if you had a strict rule of posting wrestling related ONLY. you would have days with ZERO posts during the offseason. Most topics would have a smattering of posts at best. I am sorry, but this board would wither and die if that were the case. After several days of coming here to basically read or post little to nothing, many people would lose interest and stop coming. Maybe you could tighten the reins when the season starts, but right now it is either this or basically nothing...

Remember, you have a LOT of strong willed people that post on this site. They may initially come here to read and post about wrestling, but they, more importantly, come here to kill time and have discussions.

Last edited:
I love that you are so supportive of freedom of choice and speech.

The fact that you support abortion rights, not banning books in schools, young children being able to choose their gender, genetic males in female sports, allowing people from other countries to choose to live in the US, etc. is great!
Abortion right - right to live for the baby
Banning books (censoring) - right for the parents to determine what is or is not appropriate for their little kids to read
young children choosing their gender - really, as if a child is mature enough to make that decision wisely and parents can't raise them responsibly?
genetic males in female sports - that is suppose to be fair for females?
open borders - legal immigration, we are not the welfare system of the world

Sorry folks. ping72 sucked me in. I am against posting politics; but, just felt compelled to answer this. I want politics shut down on the wrestling forum.

What are the characteristics you are seeking in a moderator for GIA?

If I were made moderator, I would immediately institute a zero-policy for thread topic diversion, regardless of hijack subject. That means no segues beyond the thread title--even if it's wrestling related.

The agreed to, and amended, consensus behavior rules would be pinned and locked for all to read at the top of the forum.

I would not be very tolerant of ad hominem arguments or personal insults in deference to the fairly large contingency of alleged "snowflake" posters.

I would have a zero tolerance for insults directed at wrestlers, coaches, or their families (regardless of school) as such insults only serve to tarnish the Iowa wrestling program.

I would institute suspensions and banishment in accordance with the posted rules and my fair judgment, where I would factor in the degree of egregiousness of any violation as well as a handles post history.

I would use AI to identify likely puppet accounts based on the combination of reasonable mutually exclusivity of near simultaneous posting and an linguistic analysis of posts. All but one account would be summarily banned after an opportunity to prove genuine uniqueness of posters.

If I were made moderator of GIA, it would provide an ancillary benefit of me not having time to walk a fine line crafting posts that relate directly to the post subject and the conversation but from which other nuanced overtones might be inferred (but are never overtly stated).

Also please recognize, if I were made moderator of GIA, that would mean nobody could put my posts on ignore, as that might adversely affect my consideration.

With Warm Regards,
98lber'
Brother: You have entirely too much time on your hands. LOL!!

Abortion right - right to live for the baby
Banning books (censoring) - right for the parents to determine what is or is not appropriate for their little kids to read
young children choosing their gender - really, as if a child is mature enough to make that decision wisely and parents can't raise them responsibly?
genetic males in female sports - that is suppose to be fair for females?
open borders - legal immigration, we are not the welfare system of the world

Sorry folks. ping72 sucked me in. I am against posting politics; but, just felt compelled to answer this. I want politics shut down on the wrestling forum.
Each of these has some legitimate arguments, even if I don't agree with them all. They also have other equally legitmate opposing points of view, and I don't agree with some of those either. Somebody somewhere will have to compromise on something.

Don't give up trying to stop posting politics. Like any addiction, it's:
One day at a time . . .

I have an account over there and just waiting for everyone to follow. Not much wrestling talk yet.

the only posting going on over there is in the PREMIUM forum, which costs $10/month or $110/year to both post and to read posts.

the free forums, which includes the wrestling forum? no posting/activity at all.

Rivals is pretty lucky imo that people stayed here and didn't stay with Hawkeye Report. Heck if you type hawkeyereport.com it takes you to their On3 platform.

Reactions: MAGAman
Rivals is pretty lucky imo that people stayed here and didn't stay with Hawkeye Report. Heck if you type hawkeyereport.com it takes you to their On3 platform.

Rivals isn’t very lucky at all. They are a huge loser in the HR move to On3. Free forums aren’t driving the dollar. I’m confused by your last sentence: Where would you expect that URL to take you? 😉

Rivals isn’t very lucky at all. They are a huge loser in the HR move to On3. Free forums aren’t driving the dollar. I’m confused by your last sentence: Where would you expect that URL to take you? 😉

I know you like to nit pick; I was simply stating that it is not hard to find Hawkeye Report even though they moved to the On3 platform. And clearly people are finding it & occasionally checking it out to see if there is any activity there. Imagine if there was; "Go Iowa Awesome" would be in really bad shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT