ADVERTISEMENT

Results for Iowa recruits in action: Jan 7-8

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004
Final results:

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Jesuroga and Nicolar Rivera are probably going to hit in the finals at Cheesehead. Nate's the better wrestler but Rivera can be dangerous.

Reactions: 24 so far
PPV on Rokfin. Saw 4pm start time. Site didn't clarify, but assuming central time.

Last edited:
So another extra fee on top of the subscription???

tenor.gif

• 1st Place Match - Koy Hopke (Amery ) 23-0 won in sudden victory - 1 over Gavin Nelson (Simley) 27-2 (SV-1 3-1)
Nelson #3 and Hopke #9

Reactions: Gobblin
Rivera up 6-4 after 2. Two takedowns and 2 escapes for Jesuroga. When is the last time he was taken down 3 times in a match?

Rivera chose bottom and escaped. 7-4. Jesuroga takes him down with about 30 seconds left and releases. 8-6. Rivera gets a takedown with less than 10 sec and wins 10-6

Reactions: Gobblin
  • 1st Place Match - Koy Hopke (Amery ) 23-0 won in sudden victory - 1 over Gavin Nelson (Simley) 27-2 (SV-1 3-1)
Nelson #3 and Hopke #9
Hopke had Jimmy Mullen on the ropes a bit in a tournament this summer. Was up 7-4 with about 30 seconds left.

Of note Rivera was at 132 last year in highschool and some this year too. Nate was 113 last year. I know Nate was not especially big at 120 this summer and then went 126 so I'm guessing Rivera had a little size on him.
I figured that. Knew Rivera was 132 last season. Was hoping our staff was recruiting him. Fun style to watch. One Nate likely doesn’t see a lot of. Be fun to see if and when they meet again.

Reactions: MVPFAN
I figured that. Knew Rivera was 132 last season. Was hoping our staff was recruiting him. Fun style to watch. One Nate likely doesn’t see a lot of. Be fun to see if and when they meet again.
I didn't see where he had committed anywhere. I read a post on a Wisconsin forum asking about him and the badgers and someone mentioned grades.

Yes in the past he did. Not recently though.
yeah rivera had fallen off the last couple years. surprising result, but rivera is wild and big for nate. could be adjusting to the weight jump and regaining his former level. disappointing, but nate has done plenty of winning to convince me he's worth a roster spot haha.

Reactions: pumpdog20
Final results:

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

I watched some video on Drake Rhodes from Montana. Wrestling at 160 but has a really long frame but not super skinny. Pretty good movement, if we get him in the weight room he could have some potential.

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT