ADVERTISEMENT

Retailers finally lowering prices...

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF
It's primarily printing on paper. I think they'll be ok.

Reactions: jasonrann
I’d also be willing to bet that when the vendor raises prices, retailers raise their prices as well. I’m guessing they don’t wait to raise their prices until after they sell all the inventory they purchased at a cheaper price. Thus you were making more than $15 on that product for a little while
You would think that's a given, but it depends on what everyone else is doing. That being said, if we get a deal on a product. because we order a certain amount, we don't necessarily pass that on to the consumer. We view it as we are good at what we do, so when we are able to predict what we need a lot of, we buy it. Also, many of our vendors have MAP (Min Advertised Price) that we can't undercut.

Agree. Plus the “supply chain” issues have been resolved and stores are full of inventory.
They need to unload it before the Christmas season.
Just a small illustration: Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving merchandise (has become a huge market) is already on sale. Short window to move it because in six weeks the Christmas stuff will need the shelf space.

I would sure HOPE that "McDonald's, Subway and Starbucks" would be "unloading excess inventory" before Christmas... 😉

You would think that's a given, but it depends on what everyone else is doing. That being said, if we get a deal on a product. because we order a certain amount, we don't necessarily pass that on to the consumer. We view it as we are good at what we do, so when we are able to predict what we need a lot of, we buy it. Also, many of our vendors have MAP (Min Advertised Price) that we can't undercut.
Exactly so the products you bought earlier on from the vendor at cheaper price, you are now listing at the new higher price. So you are making more on these products yet you only chose to complain about how the MAP is lower now and you have to lower your prices or be selling them way above MAP which you know you’ll have a tough time selling.
Next I suppose you’ll tell me that you lose money on discontinued items that you need to clearance to get rid of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT