ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatcing Game of Thrones?

Bro D

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2003
Laid up right now and was thinking about restarting Game of Thrones. Obviously the final season (or two) was garbage which really makes it difficult to convince yourself to watch again. Has anyone rewatched since the finale, or does how it ended make you not want to watch again?

Reactions: VodkaSam
I’ve recently thought about rewatching as well. Getting a knee replacement in a few days and will have plenty of time.

I tried to do a full rewatch. Couldn't get out of the first season for the very reasons you stated. Final season absolutely destroyed it for me. Such a shame that they basically checked out the final season in anticipation of starting their Star Wars trilogy only to lose it due to that shit show of a final season they crapped out lol. Fvcking morons.

Reactions: Moral
There was no reason to shorten the last two seasons like they did. Absolutely ruined the show. I have not gone back to rewatch

I will not rewatch it due to the last two seasons sucking so much ass.

They desecrated what should have been one of television’s crowning achievements.
I'd be just fine with them pretending like it never happened and just re-doing it. That will never happen but fun to think about

Reactions: Tom Paris and Moral
Laid up right now and was thinking about restarting Game of Thrones. Obviously the final season (or two) was garbage which really makes it difficult to convince yourself to watch again. Has anyone rewatched since the finale, or does how it ended make you not want to watch again?

I introduced a friend to it last year and rewatched along with her.

The main issue I have with the final two seasons is that they completely abandoned the pacing that had established, and which ruined every chance to properly set up the decisions that most everyone hated.

I came to the conclusion that I don’t disagree with how most of the characters ended up, but the payoffs for each didn’t really work because they didn’t get set up well enough.

Up until the final season I had rewatched the show a few times. After the final seasons I haven't even considered rewatching it. I won't watch anything with DB Weiss or David Benioff are involved with.

I thought they did well with the battle of the white walkers. I hated how they dealt with Danny and Jon at the end. You can’t make the crow king after all of that.

We also never found out what the hell that spiral of dead bodies meant

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT