ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds’ voucher program will cost Iowa taxpayers over $200 million in year two

And the rest of us have been enjoying that free ride for years,.. As I've said, if we want our entire society to share in the cost of educating our children, then let's do that...

What free ride? We've all been contributing to the education of ALL IOWA CHILDREN which is exactly what public education is all about. Everyone contributes, everyone has access.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Actually Iowa taxes have been going down. And, we have a big budget surplus.
I thought people always wanted to spend it on education. Turns out, it wasn't really about the kids, or education...but instead propping up the employers of the loudest complainers on this board.
More bullshit. You can’t admit this voucher doesn’t do anything for thousands of Iowa kids in poverty. It does nothing for special needs students. You’re lying. It’s free money for well to do families, most who already have kids in private schools. You can’t be honest about this.

No ret@@ds, no homo kids, no Jews or Muslims, and only blacks good at sports is the motto of private schools. Everyone else gets to choose to go somewhere else.
WTH is with the slur against those who have mental special needs. That is utter crap and shows what kind of person you really are.

Now, I have said that I am against the voucher program at this point, as it is a choice that we (as parents) make to send our kids to a private school. I don't want someone else paying for my choices for my kids. The same I have with the stupid grifting Biden has done with student loan payoffs.

I, and my kids, have had experience in both Private grade school (as well as private middle school for my youngest) and then public middle school and high school. I would not change a thing.

I was a board member and board President for our private Catholic grade school and I will tell you that (at least in our case), we did not discriminate against any child for race or ability to pay. We had a TON of disadvantaged kids who attended. Is that the norm? I have no idea. But it was and still is our policy to this day and we are proud of it.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Actually Iowa taxes have been going down. And, we have a big budget surplus.
I thought people always wanted to spend it on education. Turns out, it wasn't really about the kids, or education...but instead propping up the employers of the loudest complainers on this board.
Taxes going down??? Maybe you're confusing no State tax on retirement with the overall picture.

And if taxes are going down, why does the Governor's office continue to refuse to allow the State Auditor to see "the books"?

Reynolds misspent millions of Fed dollars and was forced to return those misspent $$$. No one should trust ANYTHING she does. And her GOP led legislators also included language into the recently passed education bill that made further cuts to the Iowa Dept. of Education and the AEA...at 3AM in the morning.

This is how crooks operate.

Isn’t the public school receiving $2,000 per student that attends a private school out of this too? Seems like both public and private are benefitting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT