ADVERTISEMENT

RFK wanted a White House job in exchange for endorsing Trump

Morrison71

HB Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is mired in another scandal, as he floated the idea of endorsing Donald Trump's presidency in exchange for a future job at the White House, four sources told the Washington Post. According to the anonymous sources, Kennedy, the independent presidential candidate, hoped to manage a slate of health and medical issues.
While in Milwaukee, Trump and Kennedy discussed potential Cabinet jobs and other posts that don't require Senate confirmation. Kennedy raised the possibility of dropping his election bid and endorsing Trump, despite having publicly bashed him in the past.
Members of the Trump team, however, were concerned that the arrangement could cause thorny legal and optics issues. Not to mention, Kennedy is a well-documented vaccine skeptic, and some are worried that his stance could cause problems for the campaign.
Under section 599 of title 18 in the U.S. Legal Code, it's illegal for a candidate to "directly or indirectly" promise a future job or position "for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy."

• Sad
Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
This is just me but if I have a run of really really good luck the last thing I'm doing is hanging out with any Kennedy.

• Haha
Reactions: artradley
That is a tough one, do the brain worms get positions too? How much do you pay them? Will he continue to spew his crazy nonsense? Will his entire family continue to warn against how dangerous and unstable he is?

You mean politicians doing politics. How dare he!
Actually, it's illegal. Figures that someone as shady as Trump would do this. And, only as someone as simpleminded as Trump would think RFK Jr should be in charge of health care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT