ADVERTISEMENT

Right wing nut goes after Governor Steve Sisolak and his wife at a restaurant.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Sisolak’s wife is of Chinese descent, so, yeah, it went there as he threatened the governor with a public hanging. Your standard anti Semitism was thrown in for good measure even though many on HROT have told me it’s just a few kooks doing that in America. Cliven Bundy’s lawyer has jumped in to defend the two men involved.
As I mentioned in the what’s the worst thing facing America thread, the normalization of political violence is troubling.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...faces-violent-threats-at-vegas-restaurant?amp

A little bit of payback. How does it feel?
Like aggrieved, swaggering goons have taken over.
I have repeatedly posted that people should behave better in public. I even had some sympathy for Mitch McConnell when he and his wife were approached after leaving a swanky DC restaurant. It is funny that you utterly miss that he was calling for the governor to swing from a lamppost. That's the difference. Bad behavior all around is, well, bad. But, you don't discern a difference between bad behavior, and threatening to kill someone, and right out in the open racism and anti-Semitism. I guess that just doesn't move your needle.

First two posts both sides the issue. God I love HROT.
The OP's link listed multiple examples of Democrats being threatened but didn't list any examples of Republicans being threatened. Which is worse - "both sides-ing" the issue or "one-siding" the issue?

It sound like you're concerned about right-wing radicals threatening Democrats but not at all concerned about left-wing radicals threatening Republicans. Both concern me. But you do you, I suppose.

The OP's link listed multiple examples of Democrats being threatened but didn't list any examples of Republicans being threatened. Which is worse - "both sides-ing" the issue or "one-siding" the issue?

It sound like you're concerned about right-wing radicals threatening Democrats but not at all concerned about left-wing radicals threatening Republicans. Both concern me. But you do you, I suppose.

Are there similar issues currently facing republican governors? If so, they should have cited them. The only specific examples were governors. It noted elected officials at all levels are facing increased threats without specifying political affiliation.

Personally, I wish they would have included this example to show its not one side. GOP officials are also frequently threatened by the lunatic right.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy

the OPs link is from a well regarded right leaning new source. If you find it too liberal or unfair to 'your side' perhaps its time for some reflection.

the OPs link is from a well regarded right leaning new source. If you find it too liberal or unfair to 'your side' perhaps its time for some reflection.
If you get triggered by someone denouncing harassment and violent rhetoric wherever it occurs and not just when it’s perpetrated by right wingers then it’s you who needs to do some reflecting.

If you get triggered by someone denouncing harassment and violent rhetoric wherever it occurs and not just when it’s perpetrated by right wingers then it’s you who needs to do some reflecting.
Your issue was addressed as The Hill was specifically citing governors while pointing out that these threats were becoming common at multiple levels. The question was asked...do you have examples that should have been cited of GOP governors facing these kinds of issues? Answer?

lol, you keep both siding every time the republican's do something awful. I'll keep wondering when you figure out that the sides aren't equal.

In this day and age, it is very surprising a Governor would not have a security detail.
Far too many crazies and attention-seeking jacklegs like the two in this video running around not to have a security detail, even if it is just dinner with the wife, pretty damn sad really.

I’m pretty sure something similar happened to Ted Cruz and his wife at a restaurant a while back. This type of behavior is ridiculous. I don’t care who it is or what party they belong to, there’s no excuse for crap like this.
Did they threaten to hang him? Or did they say "“I’d love to talk with you about Brett Kavanaugh tonight,” she says. “I’m a constituent. Love to know what your vote is going to be tonight. I know that you’re very close friends with Mr. Kavanaugh. And do you believe survivors, sir?”

In this day and age, it is very surprising a Governor would not have a security detail.
Far too many crazies and attention-seeking jacklegs like the two in this video running around not to have a security detail, even if it is just dinner with the wife, pretty damn sad really.
Sisolak even drives himself around without a chauffeur.

Then again, maybe he doesn't have multiple DUI convictions.

Last edited:
l
Because it does occur on both sides. Jeezus, not too long ago you had some idiot shoot at Republicans at a frickin softball game.

You would think this issue would unify everyone. JFC
How many Democratic politicians running for office fire weapons at pictures of Republicans, or threaten to do “whatever it takes” while brandishing a firearm? Both sides indeed.

Did they threaten to hang him? Or did they say "“I’d love to talk with you about Brett Kavanaugh tonight,” she says. “I’m a constituent. Love to know what your vote is going to be tonight. I know that you’re very close friends with Mr. Kavanaugh. And do you believe survivors, sir?”
So you're okay with this sort of public harassment since they didn't threaten to hang him. Again, you do you.

So you're okay with this sort of public harassment since they didn't threaten to hang him. Again, you do you.

Did anyone say that? Since you're all about the false equivalencies...do you think that a group of people chanting "We believe survivors" is the same as being told "We should string you up by a lamppost right now. You know what they do to traitors? They hang traitors."

I'm saying it's not the same not matter how you try to make it so. Idiots making a scene is not the same as people threatening death no matter how many times you try to make it so.
I never said it's the same thing. I said it's unacceptable. Do you consider it acceptable or not?

I never said it's the same thing. I said it's unacceptable. Do you consider it acceptable or not?
Not one single person has said what happened to Cruz was "acceptable". You're the one who tried to "both sides" this from the start but - as you just acknowledged - the two events aren't the same. Drop it.

Reactions: BelemNole
Not one single person has said what happened to Cruz was "acceptable". You're the one who tried to "both sides" this from the start but - as you just acknowledged - the two events aren't the same. Drop it.
TJ being TJ. All the awful shit his party is doing right now can be overlooked because something vaguely similar happened somewhere sometime.

Lol. "From the start" I said that extremists on both sides need to calm down because none of this is acceptable. Hundreds of politicians from both parties have experienced death threats or some other form of harassment and it all needs to stop.

But instead of agreeing with me on that apparently unacceptable viewpoint, the usual cast of jackholes decided to accuse me of "both sides-ing" the issue. Because apparently it's not as important to denounce harassment and violent rhetoric wherever it occurs as much as it's important to make sure everyone knows right-wingers do it more often.

Reactions: Hawkeyecurtis81
TJ being TJ. All the awful shit his party is doing right now can be overlooked because something vaguely similar happened somewhere sometime.
That's adorable. "Something vaguely similar happened somewhere sometime."

You didn't read my link, did you?

Lol. "From the start" I said that extremists on both sides need to calm down because none of this is acceptable. Hundreds of politicians from both parties have experienced death threats or some other form of harassment and it all needs to stop.

But instead of agreeing with me on that apparently unacceptable viewpoint, the usual cast of jackholes decided to accuse me of "both sides-ing" the issue. Because apparently it's not as important to denounce harassment and violent rhetoric wherever it occurs as much as it's important to make sure everyone knows right-wingers do it more often.
Pack up your strawman unless you can point ot someone disgreeing with you "on that apparently unacceptable viewpoint".

And YOU pointed out that the article ONLY referenced Dems with no mention of Republicans. The article was specific in reference to governors but pointed out that it was happening at all levels of the political spectrum. Do you care to acknowledge that?

News: Right wing extremist kidnaps Democratic official and keeps locked in basement for 2 years.

TJ: I'll be the first to say this is wrong, but I'm curious why there was no mention of the time protesters prevented that GOP senator from getting into that restaurant by blocking the door. Neither is okay IMO as both are preventing a person from moving as they please.

And YOU pointed out that the article ONLY referenced Dems with no mention of Republicans. The article was specific in reference to governors but pointed out that it was happening at all levels of the political spectrum. Do you care to acknowledge that?
The article mentioned that it is happening at multiple levels of government, but blames the increase on pandemic lockdowns and the 2020 election, implicitly blaming the right. It then proceeds to list multiple examples of Democratic governors being harassed without any mention of any Republicans in any level of government being harassed or even acknowledging that harassment was rising unacceptably even before the pandemic or the recent election.

It's quite telling that a simple statement like "People need to calm the f*ck down in general. The hyper-partisan rhetoric from both extremes is out of control." triggers such an aggressive backlash from other posters. It seems like something that shouldn't be too difficult to agree with. But you guys apparently can't denounce this shit unless it's a right-winger doing it.

News: Right wing extremist kidnaps Democratic official and keeps locked in basement for 2 years.

TJ: I'll be the first to say this is wrong, but I'm curious why there was no mention of the time protesters prevented that GOP senator from getting into that restaurant by blocking the door. Neither is okay IMO as both are preventing a person from moving as they please.
monica-raymund-gabriela-dawson.gif

That's adorable. "Something vaguely similar happened somewhere sometime."

You didn't read my link, did you?
I read it. I'm also familiar with TJ arguments. The thread was about someone being confronted in public and threatened with hanging. Not anonymous calls to staffers. But again, you do you. As usual. Whatever makes you feel like you're not lying down in the mud with them.

The article mentioned that it is happening at multiple levels of government, but blames the increase on pandemic lockdowns and the 2020 election, implicitly blaming the right. It then proceeds to list multiple examples of Democratic governors being harassed without any mention of any Republicans in any level of government being harassed or even acknowledging that harassment was rising unacceptably even before the pandemic or the recent election.
LOL...they were reporting on a SPECFIC INCIDENT. And the behavior demonstrated IS fueled by the pandemic response and an inability to accept the results of a free and fair election. What's going on NOW and what has been manifested up and down the line from school boards to idiots standing up in the middle of the State of the Union and screaming like f'n idiots IS your side. You were asked for an example of a GOP governor being harrassed. You've provided not a thing. Take a seat.
It's quite telling that a simple statement like "People need to calm the f*ck down in general. The hyper-partisan rhetoric from both extremes is out of control." triggers such an aggressive backlash from other posters. It seems like something that shouldn't be too difficult to agree with. But you guys apparently can't denounce this shit unless it's a right-winger doing it.
I'll denounce it. I have denounced it. But this story isn't about Cruz. It isn't about Conway. It isn't news from four years ago. What's telling is YOU can't denounce it without playing your "both sides" card. The problem is yours.

Reactions: BelemNole

You can set your watch to TJ entering a thread to say “I’m not saying some behavior is okay”, but…

LOL...they were reporting on a SPECFIC INCIDENT. And the behavior demonstrated IS fueled by the pandemic response and an inability to accept the results of a free and fair election. What's going on NOW and what has been manifested up and down the line from school boards to idiots standing up in the middle of the State of the Union and screaming like f'n idiots IS your side. You were asked for an example of a GOP governor being harrassed. You've provided not a thing. Take a seat.
TJ: "People need to calm the f*ck down in general. The hyper-partisan rhetoric from both extremes is out of control."

Every Reasonable Person In America: "I agree. There is way too much rancor and it needs to tone down."

Dumbass HROT Dems: "No! We cannot allow TJ to criticize left-wing assholes who harass or threaten Republican politicians. Not in this thread. We must demand that he adhere strictly to criticizing right-wing nutjobs who verbally harass and threaten to hang Democratic governors with spouses of Chinese descent while dining in Mexican restaurants in the greater Las Vegas metropolitan area, as per the OP's clearly defined discussion parameters."
I'll denounce it. I have denounced it. But this story isn't about Cruz. It isn't about Conway. It isn't news from four years ago. What's telling is YOU can't denounce it without playing your "both sides" card. The problem is yours.
I'm not the one who brought Cruz into the discussion. Someone else did that. I posted the video only to show what actually happened and dispel Belem's horseshit narrative that it was just some congenial female constituent who wanted to politely discuss her concerns about Brett Kavanaugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT