ADVERTISEMENT

RIP John Madden

Pat is putting his arms around his wings, ready to finally call some more games.

Dang, back in the day, we only got AFL games on Sunday. Couple that with All Time great Freddie Biletnikoff catching passes from Darryl “the Mad Bomber” Lamonica, and later Kenny “Snake” Stabler, Jim Otto “Double Zero” at center, Ted “ The Stork“ Hendricks rushing the end, Big Art Shell pushing hard at OLine, Big Ben Davidson with the red handlebar ‘stache, and a genuine bad ace vibe from the team as a whole….

I was totally a Madden fan as a kid and thru later years.
RIP in peace Coach.

Last edited:
If you saw the Fox special on his last weekend, it was pretty clear he didn't look good.

No live interviews with him promoting. Very few clips of him speaking live, just him under a spotlight laughing. Appeared unhealthy. Suspect there will be a "was terminally diagnosed X months ago" statement leaked.

Just watched the All Madden show Christmas Day. So many great tributes from so many of the game’s greatest players, coaches, broadcasters, owners .. plus his own family. Have loved playing his video game off and on since middle school. “Boom! He’s on his back!!”

He and Sumerall (sp?) were my favorite NFL broadcast duo.

Now let's not get carried away...

MEREDITH1-obit-articleLarge.jpg

If you saw the Fox special on his last weekend, it was pretty clear he didn't look good.

No live interviews with him promoting. Very few clips of him speaking live, just him under a spotlight laughing. Appeared unhealthy. Suspect there will be a "was terminally diagnosed X months ago" statement leaked.
Yeah, as soon as ads came out about the doc, you knew it was only a matter of time.

Reactions: billanole
Although Madden 2003 is rated as the best game of his franchise, I will always hold Madden 92 as the goat. As a youngster, the ambulance driving through the players after a vicious hit after Madden voicing the "Boom", was always the day's highlight. RIP Coach.

As a kid I couldn't wait for his All Madden Team shows. It was must watch TV, an hour long of him breaking down the best players in football and why they made his team.

I was a Washington fan and John loved Darrell Green back then. One year he was the only corner he put on his team so he could have 3 safeties that hit hard. He just circled half the field from the 50 to the goal line and stated that's where Green will cover everyone and you still can't get open or something along those lines. Great show.

Boom...... RIP

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT