ADVERTISEMENT

RIP, Logo

Or he doesn't want to watch the ****ing Celtics win another title.
I've blocked that out of my brain.
b06107ea-1a7d-4800-97a8-268e19e41737_text.gif

Probably looked at the direction the Lakers were going and said f it, I can't live to see them hire JJ Reddick and draft Bronny.
Ol Redick just agreed to a deal to coach LA. Never been a damn coach before at any level. This is the most obvious, "It's not what you know, it's who you know," hire of all time.

Reactions: Derekd3408
Ol Redick just agreed to a deal to coach LA. Never been a damn coach before at any level. This is the most obvious, "It's not what you know, it's who you know," hire of all time.
I'm trying to figure out if I'll cheer for another team for a couple years or take the next couple off. How embarrassing.

• Love
Reactions: McLovin32
I'm trying to figure out if I'll cheer for another team for a couple years or take the next couple off. How embarrassing.
I've been having similar thoughts. I just don't see this ending any other way than him being fired before his contract is up.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they're good next year, but I just don't see a first time coach that's never worked for any organization as anything other than a player, being successful right away. Hell, even Steve Nash was a consultant for the Warriors before he was gifted the Nets head coaching job.

Reactions: Derekd3408
I've been having similar thoughts. I just don't see this ending any other way than him being fired before his contract is up.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they're good next year, but I just don't see a first time coach that's never worked for any organization as anything other than a player, being successful right away. Hell, even Steve Nash was a consultant for the Warriors before he was gifted the Nets head coaching job.

I’m pretty sure every coach he listed at least worked for a franchise before they became a coach. They didn’t make the jump from coaching youth basketball to the Los Angeles Lakers.

You're right, except for Jason Kidd retired from the Knicks on June 3, 2013. On June 12, 2013, he was named the coach of the Brooklyn Nets. 9 days! :)

Reactions: McLovin32
You're right, except for Jason Kidd retired from the Knicks on June 3, 2013. On June 12, 2013, he was named the coach of the Brooklyn Nets. 9 days! :)
Ha, I had forgot about that quick turnaround.

I truly hope I'm wrong about Redick, but I just don't see it. It's going to be HC Lebron and Redick as his mouth piece. The chain of command in the franchise will start with Lebron, and go down from there. I just don't see this being successful.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT