ADVERTISEMENT

Romney criticizes parade of GOP leaders appearing outside NY courthouse

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
The outgoing Republican senator said the growing list of GOP leaders traveling to New York to demonstrate their support for Trump is “embarrassing,” “demeaning,” and “difficult to watch.”

Meanwhile, Trump is in Cincinnati today for a $50,000 per plate lunch fundraiser. JD Vance will be in attendance, presumably to audition to be Trump’s running mate.

Link

The outgoing Republican senator said the growing list of GOP leaders traveling to New York to demonstrate their support for Trump is “embarrassing,” “demeaning,” and “difficult to watch.”

Meanwhile, Trump is in Cincinnati today for a $50,000 per plate lunch fundraiser. JD Vance will be in attendance, presumably to audition to be Trump’s running mate.

FIFY

I wonder what our political landscape would look like today had Romney won in 2012. Right wing populism is not only a United States phenomenon, so I would imagine we would still have those problems to a degree. But at the minimum it would have likely delayed the rise of Trumpism/MAGA at least a few years. Perhaps a less potent version that was more easily stomped out or at least tampered or controlled by mainstream conservatives?

I wonder what our political landscape would look like today had Romney won in 2012. Right wing populism is not only a United States phenomenon, so I would imagine we would still have those problems to a degree. But at the minimum it would have likely delayed the rise of Trumpism/MAGA at least a few years. Perhaps a less potent version that was more easily stomped out or at least tampered or controlled by mainstream conservatives?
I still wish Romney had waited and ran in 2016 instead. He had zero chance of beating Obama. I think a second Obama term followed by Romney would have been a much better scenario for this country.

The left has moved so far to the left that Romney is basically a Clinton-style democrat now. The democrats should probably look in the mirror a little before calling anyone else "extreme".

Who said he was an "outcast"? Obviously, people elected him so...
the majority of republicans?

are we pretending mitt is popular among republicans outside of utah?

edit to add:

The left has moved so far to the left that Romney is basically a Clinton-style democrat now. The democrats should probably look in the mirror a little before calling anyone else "extreme".
The guy that thinks there was mass voter fraud in the 2020 election causing Trump to lose, and blames LiBeRaL judges for all of his cases about the mass voter fraud being shot down, thinks the left should look in the mirror before referring to anyone as "extreme."

I love this site.

The guy that thinks there was mass voter fraud in the 2020 election causing Trump to lose, and blames LiBeRaL judges for all of his cases about the mass voter fraud being shot down, thinks the left should look in the mirror before referring to anyone as "extreme."

I love this site.
LOL!!!!

If not wanting an open boarder, endless wars, a shitty economy, and adolescents cutting off their privates means I am extreme- so be it.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole

The right hasn’t even moved right. It’s moved into the stratosphere of conspiracy theories and cult-like adoration of a douchenozzle.

But please keep telling us how one party is extreme.

LOL!!!!

If not wanting an open boarder, endless wars, a shitty economy, and adolescents cutting off their privates means I am extreme- so be it.
No, you thinking Trump won in 2020 is extreme.

Well, maybe you're right. Maybe it's not extreme, perhaps it's just idiotic or really stupid. Those will work too. Sorry for calling you extreme. Also, it's "open border" not "boarder". You not knowing the difference actually explains a lot.

No, you thinking Trump won in 2020 is extreme.

Well, maybe you're right. Maybe it's not extreme, perhaps it's just idiotic or really stupid. Those will work too. Sorry for calling you extreme. Also, it's "open border" not "boarder". You not knowing the difference actually explains a lot.
I already said Biden got more ballots...what more do you want? The leftest batman signal of GOA goes out and here we are.

WEZYRWFXHUI6NDF2ZSQ4PAVP6E.jpg

I already said Biden got more ballots...what more do you want? The leftest batman signal of GOA goes out and here we are.
Yes, if you believe that 20 magical anomalies all happened at just the right precincts. Can you believe that we doubled the amount of mail in votes AND somehow became more efficient with them? Truly amazing! Oh, I think Biden got more ballots for sure.
Yeah, you said he got more ballots. You're right. And then someone said that all his cases for voter fraud were shot down, and you blamed it on liberal judges, despite some of the judges being appointed by Trump himself.

So sure, you did say Biden got more ballots because of "20 magical anomalies all happened at just the right precincts"

Yeah, you said he got more ballots. You're right. And then someone said that all his cases for voter fraud were shot down, and you blamed it on liberal judges, despite some of the judges being appointed by Trump himself.

So sure, you did say Biden got more ballots because of "20 magical anomalies all happened at just the right precincts"
I mean I guess if you believe we doubled the amount of mail in votes and somehow became more efficient at the process, then there is really no point having a convo with you. All of those government run practices and agencies are known for their efficiency after all! Maybe use that noggin a lil'

I mean I guess if you believe we doubled the amount of mail in votes and somehow became more efficient at the process, then there is really no point having a convo with you. All of those government run practices and agencies are known for their efficiency after all! Maybe use that noggin a lil'
Yesssss, this is what I was waiting for! Let that non-extreme election denier in you out!

He does kind of have that look on his face like, "wtf am I doing".
That must have been a very awkward and humbling dinner for Romney. He had just several months trying to convince Republicans to vote for someone other than Trump, and now here he was begging for a job. I doubt Trump ever seriously considered him for Secretary of State. He probably just wanted to see Romney grovel. And that’s too bad because Romney would have been an excellent Secretary of State.

That must have been a very awkward and humbling dinner for Romney. He had just several months trying to convince Republicans to vote for someone other than Trump, and now here he was begging for a job. I doubt Trump ever seriously considered him for Secretary of State. He probably just wanted to see Romney grovel. And that’s too bad because Romney would have been an excellent Secretary of State.
especially considering trump selected the "dumb as a rock", "ill prepared", and "ill equipped" (trump's words) rex tillerson

You are truly a bright individual.
By the dems theoretical move to the far left a right center candidate....moves left.
This must be that new math I keep hearing about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT