ADVERTISEMENT

Romney is a basketball genius

86Hawkeye

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
99.98th percentile in NCAA bracket.

Picked 6 of the Elite eight, all the Final Four and the National Championship match-up.

Not bad for a white Mormon guy.

This post was edited on 4/6 1:33 PM by 86Hawkeye

Romney's Bracket

A true 1%'er not only in life, but in picking brackets too.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:

Originally posted by fredjr82:
And all through his own talents.
That, plus an assist from his father, who raised his family in one of the richest cities in America, paid for Mitt's first house, and put Mitt through one of the best high schools, and three of the best universities in the U.S. If he hadn't turned out as wildly successful, I would worry that the benefits he was obviously blessed with were not real advantages.

Sorry, I thought this thread was about the basketball
career of Mitt Romney when he attended Brigham
Young University.

Originally posted by St. Louis Hawk:

That, plus an assist from his father, who raised his family in one of the richest cities in America, paid for Mitt's first house, and put Mitt through one of the best high schools, and three of the best universities in the U.S. If he hadn't turned out as wildly successful, I would worry that the benefits he was obviously blessed with were not real advantages.
Lots of people have great educations, get great inheritances (and keep them), etc. and don't end up successful at all.

I'm not sure I would expect them to be "wildly successful", as in millionaires several hundred times over.

There's no question that Romney would have been extremely successful had he just been from an average middle class family.

There's no question that Romney would have been extremely successful had he just been from an average middle class family.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your definition of success. Would he have started an entity like Bain Capital if he had been the son of a middle class salesman in Clive, Iowa? I'd guess no. From that position, maybe he sees the brass ring as a small business owner or a partner in a Chicago law firm. Certainly his exposure to his father, father's money, and father's friends showed him, and allowed him to reach, the next level.

My only point is that your post that he did it all himself has to be tempered by the fact that he got dealt an amazing hand before he even put a chip in the game -- one the vast majority of Americans aren't so fortunate to have. But you certainly can credit him for taking it the distance once he started playing.

He also has plenty of experience running businesses, and successfully so. If only our current President has experience with anything but race baiting and class warfare.

Originally posted by hawkboy76:
Where does Obama's bracket rank?
40th percentile.

Just like his grade point on his transcripts. Oh...wait...

Lots of people have great educations, get great inheritances (and keep them), etc. and don't end up successful at all.

I'm not sure I would expect them to be "wildly successful", as in millionaires several hundred times over.

Yeah but most Republicans have that hand dealt to them and then crap the bed. ie. george w. dipshit.

Romney was born into great circumstances which is half the equation. The other half is doing something with the hand your dealt. Dude has never broken a law, served his church for two years, continues to volunteer, raised five good sons and made something with his life.. So why do you want to knock him? He's too straight to be elected in a morally skewed America. Even honest Abe Lincoln would not be elected this day in age
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Sounds like the American dream right there. So it's a good story, to see that a man who was given advantages, made sure to use them and not piss them away? I gotcha, and I agree.
Lebron James is approaching becoming a billionaire, with all that basketball talent he was born with, and having his road to success practically laid down before him.
Nothing wrong with those who should do well, actually going out and doing well.

Originally posted by Arizona_Hawks:

Yeah but most Republicans have that hand dealt to them and then crap the bed. ie. george w. dipshit.
Yeah.....except he graduated from Yale, earned an MBA from Harvard(only president to ever do that), was co-owner of the Texas Ranger MLB baseball team, was a former Texas Governor, and of course a former TWO term President of the United States.

Other than that though he really didn't do much with his life.

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Originally posted by Arizona_Hawks:

Yeah but most Republicans have that hand dealt to them and then crap the bed.  ie. george w. dipshit.
Yeah.....except he graduated from Yale, earned an MBA from Harvard(only president to ever do that), was co-owner of the Texas Ranger MLB baseball team, was a former Texas Governor, and of course a former TWO term President of the United States.

Other than that though he really didn't do much with his life.

You forgot that he knows how to operate a $30 million dollar aircraft.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT