ADVERTISEMENT

Ruger PC 9mm carbine

stickman80

HB All-State
Feb 26, 2009
Thinking of buying one yet this summer. Anyone have one? Good/ bad?

Looking at using the adapter for Glock mags instead of Ruger.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
For plinking?
Plinking, all around defense, ect.

I'm really getting into the idea of having a longarm and handgun in the same caliber.

No pic and I travel more and more. Being a take down gun I can see merit in throwing it in the bottom of my suitcase and having it available if something more than a handgun is needed.

I appreciate the fact it doesn't look as menacing as an AR and in my suitcase do not have to walk into a hotel carrying a cased longarm.

MP5k Supremacy
1151ce368b20c648a48a487c44e63520e31d75a7.gif

Reactions: stickman80
If something more than a handgun is needed, what good is a 9mm carbine going to do you?

If something more than a handgun is needed, what good is a 9mm carbine going to do you?
Can't decide if you are joking or not.

The carbine will give me better control leading to likely better accuracy, faster follow up shots, and the abilty to pick an ammo considerably faster (more powerful) than through a handgun length barrel.

This is all the more important with longer shots when you toss in the longer sight radius between the front and rear sight.

Another big advantage is that it could be legal in places where handguns are not.

There is an old phrase, "A handgun is what you use to fight your way to a long gun".

Thinking of buying one yet this summer. Anyone have one? Good/ bad?

Looking at using the adapter for Glock mags instead of Ruger.

Thoughts?
I have the Ruger and the Kel Tec and I like the Ruger better. I have the second Generation Kel Tec which folds back towards you which prevents having optics on it. If you go with the Kel Tec make sure you go with the third generation where they fixed that issue.

Plinking, all around defense, ect.

I'm really getting into the idea of having a longarm and handgun in the same caliber.

No pic and I travel more and more. Being a take down gun I can see merit in throwing it in the bottom of my suitcase and having it available if something more than a handgun is needed.

I appreciate the fact it doesn't look as menacing as an AR and in my suitcase do not have to walk into a hotel carrying a cased longarm.

Real men rock the SAA/Henry repeater combo.

Can't decide if you are joking or not.

The carbine will give me better control leading to likely better accuracy, faster follow up shots, and the abilty to pick an ammo considerably faster (more powerful) than through a handgun length barrel.

This is all the more important with longer shots when you toss in the longer sight radius between the front and rear sight.

Another big advantage is that it could be legal in places where handguns are not.

There is an old phrase, "A handgun is what you use to fight your way to a long gun".
The ballistics don’t make sense for 9mm. You’re getting at best an extra 200fps with 12 more inches of barrel. You’re not getting the “long gun” advantage.

A Glock 17 with a factory marksman barrel will deliver better MOA at 100 yards than the Ruger.

I have the Ruger and the Kel Tec and I like the Ruger better. I have the second Generation Kel Tec which folds back towards you which prevents having optics on it. If you go with the Kel Tec make sure you go with the third generation where they fixed that issue.
Thank you very much. What kind of mags are you running in the Ruger. Do you know if 15rd Glock 19 work or must they be 17rd?

Thank you very much. What kind of mags are you running in the Ruger. Do you know if 15rd Glock 19 work or must they be 17rd?
I've been using the Ruger mags that come with it. I think it will shoot Glock 17, 18, 19, 26 and 34. I don't think it matters as far as the capacity.

The ballistics don’t make sense for 9mm. You’re getting at best an extra 200fps with 12 more inches of barrel. You’re not getting the “long gun” advantage.

A Glock 17 with a factory marksman barrel will deliver better MOA at 100 yards than the Ruger.
You are trying too hard.

The added ballistic value is dependant on the load. The 200 fps follows the generality of 20-25fps per inch. For argument sake lets call it just 200 fps.....that is still significant. Especially with a heavier bullet.

Good luck in a real firefight with your marksman barrel Glock at 100 yds. You are a genuine Billy Badass if you are capable of doing that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT