ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Cook

To play RB? No but that RB position is loaded with talent.
To play FB? Yes. The other Full Backs are over 6 ft and 240+ pounds.

I can see FB.

Guess I just figured that the 4th leading rusher in Iowa 4A history would have been trying for HB.

I can see FB.

Guess I just figured that the 4th leading rusher in Iowa 4A history would have been trying for HB.

High school accolades don't mean crap at the major college level. Out of the top 10 rushers in Iowa history, only 2 have amounted to much: James Morris (as a linebacker) and Wegher (who barely played in college).

He wasn't fast enough for RB and was trying to put on the size for FB but there are others in front of him.

High school accolades don't mean crap at the major college level. Out of the top 10 rushers in Iowa history, only 2 have amounted to much: James Morris (as a linebacker) and Wegher (who barely played in college).

He wasn't fast enough for RB and was trying to put on the size for FB but there are others in front of him.

So on one hand one did well at linebacker & on the other hand the other didn't make it much past 1 season at a FBS school. Iowa High School Football accolades are pretty meaningless in the big scheme of things.

Reactions: Jaybird319
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT