ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Stoll vs Gable Steveson

Sam Stoll vs Gable Steveson

• Total voters
Agreed 32.
Stoll controlling the outside perimeter and NOT giving up knee shots is key!
I have no doubt Gable will shoot for knees, Sam is usually pretty good defending those attempts, going to be interesting to see who wins that position. One of the matches I am most looking forward to.

Stoll is big, that's the only advantage he will have. He is nowhere near as dynamic as Gable and certainly doesn't have the same offensive mind set. The question will be if Gable can avoid the underhook/pushout. If he can then Stoll will likely lose as he doesn't do anything else. Can't wait for Cass to get in there next season and make this weight class exciting for the Hawks again.

Steveson might be a bit too quick for the big guy but I'm hoping for the best.

Stoll is big, that's the only advantage he will have. He is nowhere near as dynamic as Gable and certainly doesn't have the same offensive mind set. The question will be if Gable can avoid the underhook/pushout. If he can then Stoll will likely lose as he doesn't do anything else. Can't wait for Cass to get in there next season and make this weight class exciting for the Hawks again.

You have the number one ranked guy in the country (struggling through injuries), and you can't wait to get rid of him?

Reactions: chuck285
I think Cassar will be the guy to beat at hwt. I would love to see Sam beat Minnesota Fats, but idk if he can.

You have the number one ranked guy in the country (struggling through injuries), and you can't wait to get rid of him?

Number one ranking does not mean he will finish #1, only that he has more past credentials than anyone else entering this season. I hope he ends up on top of the podium, I just don't see it happening and also happen to be really stoked for Cass to take over (and think he could already outperform Stoll actually).

I may be wrong, but I don't believe he is an Iowa fan....

Thankfully you're consistently wrong on every forum you're a part of and called out for it on a routine basis. I have made posts supporting every single Hawk with the exception of Stoll (who I do want to do well, though I find him just as boring as I did Tony Nelson) and DeSanto (bc of obv past issues). And Downey I guess, if he's to be considered a Hawk (he shouldn't be).

Reactions: PD4thespawn
I give the nod to Stoll.. Stevenson beat white on the strength of the one big takedown and defense for the rest of the match.. Isn't Stoll really good at digging a undertook and driving the other guy out for the easy stall call? Stoll's age and strength get him the benefit of the doubt for me.. all this is dependent on him being healthy and 100%

Number one ranking does not mean he will finish #1, only that he has more past credentials than anyone else entering this season. I hope he ends up on top of the podium, I just don't see it happening and also happen to be really stoked for Cass to take over (and think he could already outperform Stoll actually).

Thankfully you're consistently wrong on every forum you're a part of and called out for it on a routine basis. I have made posts supporting every single Hawk with the exception of Stoll (who I do want to do well, though I find him just as boring as I did Tony Nelson) and DeSanto (bc of obv past issues). And Downey I guess, if he's to be considered a Hawk (he shouldn't be).
Sam Stoll is always looking to score and pin. 15 surgeries has affected his ability to be exciting but comparing him to Nelson is really stupid. I believe you are a Nebraska troll from the football board so makes sense.

Reactions: wasdt21

Where exactly in that rant did you say you were an Iowa fan? To be clear, what is your favorite DI wrestling school? 2nd? 3rd?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT