ADVERTISEMENT

San Francisco School District Drops 'Chief' From Job-Titles, Cites Native-American Concerns

I think this is stupid, but who cares? Why would anyone waste any energy complaining about this? This has literally zero meaningful impact on anyone’s life.

Reactions: BelemNole
It is dumb, but it applies to SF school district's job listings, postings and titles, so I have zero f**** to give about something that will never impact me or my family
Love to visit San Fran, great parts of the city but I would never live there, I hate the weather.

Reactions: BelemNole
I'm just amused by the absurdity of it.
There is no logical stopping point for this nonsense, is there?
It just has to get more and more arcane.

chief (adj.)
c. 1300, "highest in rank or power; most important or prominent; supreme, best, placed above the rest," from Old French chief "chief, principal, first" (10c., Modern French chef), from Vulgar Latin *capum (also source of Spanish and Portuguese cabo, Italian capo, Provençal cap), from Latin caput "head," also "leader, guide, chief person; summit; capital city" (from PIE root *kaput- "head").

chief (n.)
c. 1300, "head, leader, captain; the principal or most important part of anything;" from Old French chief "leader, ruler, head" of something, "capital city" (10c., Modern French chef), from Vulgar Latin *capum, from Latin caput "head," also "leader, chief person; summit; capital city" (from PIE root *kaput- "head"). Meaning "head of a clan" is from 1570s; later extended to headmen of Native American tribes (by 1713; William Penn, 1680s, called them kings). Commander-in-chief is attested from 1660s.
You are comical. Pretending that this issue matters.

I think this is stupid, but who cares? Why would anyone waste any energy complaining about this? This has literally zero meaningful impact on anyone’s life.
OPs next post will be a rant about the change from “master bedroom” to “primary bedroom” on all the home and improvement shows.

I'm just amused by the absurdity of it.
There is no logical stopping point for this nonsense, is there?
It just has to get more and more arcane.

chief (adj.)
c. 1300, "highest in rank or power; most important or prominent; supreme, best, placed above the rest," from Old French chief "chief, principal, first" (10c., Modern French chef), from Vulgar Latin *capum (also source of Spanish and Portuguese cabo, Italian capo, Provençal cap), from Latin caput "head," also "leader, guide, chief person; summit; capital city" (from PIE root *kaput- "head").

chief (n.)
c. 1300, "head, leader, captain; the principal or most important part of anything;" from Old French chief "leader, ruler, head" of something, "capital city" (10c., Modern French chef), from Vulgar Latin *capum, from Latin caput "head," also "leader, chief person; summit; capital city" (from PIE root *kaput- "head"). Meaning "head of a clan" is from 1570s; later extended to headmen of Native American tribes (by 1713; William Penn, 1680s, called them kings). Commander-in-chief is attested from 1660s.
I guess why do you care?

I guess why do you care?
If something makes me laugh, does it indicate I ‘care’?

I thought someone else might be likewise amused.
I was correct.

I also failed to anticipate how tribalism would interject itself, and people would become defensive about light shed on an absurdity.
My bad.

White people who come up with stupid s41t like this actually insult the People.

Be awesome if the LBGTQ said the word “the “ was offensive. Likely bringing the country down.

https%3A%2F%2Finsidetheiggles.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1178361545.jpeg

You cons are something.
I think you mean “Democrats get outraged by the strangest things”. Right? I mean…outraged by “Chief” is pretty fvcking stupid. Thought you’d be all over it. Shocker you’re suddenly not pointing out stupid outraged here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT