ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday's Jane Meyer article in The Gazette

cidsports

HR King
How many years has she not received her $177,000 paycheck? Is it really close to 5+ years?

So, how does Jane Meyer's suit for lost wages reach nearly $1 million at this point, as article said?

It was rumored in 2011 that Meyer and field hockey coach Tracey Griesbaum were in a relationship?

Gary Barta learns outcome of rumors in 2014 from news article on the relationship.
Okay!

Did Meyer make decisions that may have benefited her partner's field hockey program?

The University didn't believe it was a conflict. Barta did and likely many would, if Meyer was involved with decisions relating to her partner's facilities.

She testified "my relationship was very personal to me. If I talked about It, my chances of being an athletic director were out the window."

So, you agreed to a newspaper article in 2014 on your relationship?

Gene Taylor clearly had better resume and experience for the deputy position.

Monday should be interesting, as Barta reappears on the stand.

Plenty of sizzle, but is there really much meet here?

I see the ESPN article by the Associated Press explains her rational for $1 million, since she is going back to 2008 and the amount Taylor was paid.

Again, sounds like more sizzle, than steak on her case here. She arrived in 2001 and got very comfortable at Iowa. She found her partner on the coaching staff and then, both her and her partner were out of jobs.

Having Kirk Ferentz as a person who does not want to work with you isn't a good vibe for a job interview, especially at Cornell College a stone's throw from Iowa City.

The Iowa City culture clearly attracted Meyer to stay put all these years?

Barta likely could of handled this one better?

peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News