ADVERTISEMENT

Savanah Bananas....wayyyy overhyped!!!

stickman80

HR All-State
Feb 26, 2009
Took No Pic tonight. Expected them to be The Globetrotters of baseball but it was all hype and a large merch grab.

Many of the tricks/stunts seen in the advertisements were not done. The Bananas also lost in a very boring fashion to their traveling nemisis.

The one bright spot might be some good sex from No Pic. There was more twerking by the players and officials than trick plays/stunts and she did seem to enjoy that.

Took No Pic tonight. Expected them to be The Globetrotters of baseball but it was all hype and a large merch grab.

Many of the tricks/stunts seen in the advertisements were not done. The Bananas also lost in a very boring fashion to their traveling nemisis.

The one bright spot might be some good sex from No Pic. There was more twerking by the players and officials than trick plays/stunts and she did seem to enjoy that.
Seriously....your hand doesn't like her pic taken ???

I don’t get the appeal at all. Or should I say the appeel?
rim-shot-drums.gif

Didnt you get your free food and drinks? Thats worth the ticket price.

NM - you saw them in Iowa.
The designated heel struck out so everyone got a $2 card to Dunkin Donut.

There were a few laughs. Found cornhole with human boards and the HR derby with water ballons very funny......just thought overall it failed to live to its hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBQStarHawk
The designated heal stuck out so everyone got a $2 card to Dunkin Donut.

There were a few laughs. Found cornhole with human boards and the HR derby with water ballons very funny......just thought overall it failed to live to its hype.
They are way better at Greyson Stadium in Savannah. You should go there sometime, enjoy SAV too. (if you can get a ticket!)

The entry process was awful. Shouldn't do GA. They didn't utilize the video board enough. They never showed who was up to bat, their actual score board, etc.

Reactions: stickman80
The entry process was awful. Shouldn't do GA. They didn't utilize the video board enough. They never showed who was up to bat, their actual score board, etc.
Entry was a cluster fuster.... My understanding is that season ticket holders had first chance at their seat (as it should be). They let those people in the west entrances to get their seats first and held the masses bunched up to be released enmass at 5:30. Saw one younger guy on the ground near the front getting medical assistance.

I’ve seen them 3 times, all in their home park in Savannah. Two of the 3 were back when they were still in a college wood bat league, so those games had some side gimmicks that were hilarious and a lot of fun, but the game itself was unscripted baseball with who teams playing hard. The one time we saw “Banana Ball”, it was great - I took it for what it was and just had fun with it, as you would the Globetrotters.

In Savannah, both for the old college league and Banana Ball, they used the 100% general admission seating and you go early and stand in line. There, at least, they have a band playing, the players/coaches/owner come through and interact with fans and they do a great job making the time fly.

Coming back this year to DSM.

It will be interesting to see how many of the folks who went last year come back again. Of the 7 people (including self) that I know who went last year, not one has any interest in returning.

Coming back this year to DSM.

It will be interesting to see how many of the folks who went last year come back again. Of the 7 people (including self) that I know who went last year, not one has any interest in returning.
I’ve seen the Bananas a couple of times. It’s fun - you just have to like it for what it is. If you want serious, old-head baseball, then just skip it. If you’re okay seeing the closest thing baseball has to offer to the Harlem Globetrotters, to and enjoy.

At worst, it’s a great night out.

I’ve seen the Bananas a couple of times. It’s fun - you just have to like it for what it is. If you want serious, old-head baseball, then just skip it. If you’re okay seeing the closest thing baseball has to offer to the Harlem Globetrotters, to and enjoy.

At worst, it’s a great night out.
I've seen the Harlem Globetrotters....the SB are not them though their hype tries to make you believe there is more to the show than there really is. Most of the stunts advertised....didnt happen. Some of those that did happen failed. Example: Having the ball once returned to the pitcher via drone was cute.... except the pitcher dropped the ball when it was released.

I wanted a Globetrotter type experience.....the SB didn't deliver what they advertised. Glad we got pool tickets for $25.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
I'd say 3 or 4 times? Always entertaining?
Yeah, I’ve been 5-6 times, but something close to an equal split between what they are now and when they used to also be a summer collegiate wood bat league. In those games they did some of the sideshow stuff like the crazy walk-ups, lots of fan interaction, dancing base coaches, but then the play on the field was actual baseball with guys competing pretty much as normal, but perhaps with a bit more flair.

I’ve always had fun, but I’m out for a couple hours of entertainment. Is it always the single greatest thing I’ve ever seen in my life? No, but it’s fun and I’ll certainly go again at some point.

That game is airing live on YouTube right now. I’d never seen banana ball before.
Not sure what to think. Seems like it’s for little kids.

Baseball has always had a comedic/odd side. Rube Waddell. Satchel Paige. Dizzy and Daffy Dean and the Gas House Gang. The Brooklyn Dodgers Sym-phony. Max Patkin. Joe Garagiola, Bob Uecker, Jay Johnstone, Mark Fidrych, Bill Lee, Roger McDowell, Turk Wendell….etc, etc.

I love the Savannah Banannas. 👍🏻

Baseball has always had a comedic/odd side. Rube Waddell. Satchel Paige. Dizzy and Daffy Dean and the Gas House Gang. The Brooklyn Dodgers Sym-phony. Max Patkin. Joe Garagiola, Bob Uecker, Jay Johnstone, Mark Fidrych, Bill Lee, Roger McDowell, Turk Wendell….etc, etc.

I love the Savannah Banannas. 👍🏻

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT