ADVERTISEMENT

Say what you will about Florida, but…

runkpanole

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2002
Many states phuqing suck at this election thing. Pretty much every race in Florida was done by 10 PM central last night. None of this bullshit waiting until the next day shit. Why the hell can’t states get this together and move this along. Count the votes, but start counting them in advance so we can remove this shit from my TV and move the phuq along. CSB.

What is the fetish with getting election results on the night of the election? Why is this important?

One of the things Republicans have done in certain states is ban counting mail-in votes until the day of the election and then of course the day after the election they start howling about why is it taking so long?

Hopefully you elected someone to fix your housing and insurance crisis. Checks results…hmm nope.
Hopefully, but your still here bro. Hopefully you did also.

CNN is reporting Pima County, AZ still had 159K GD votes to count and may not finish until November 14-15. No way to run an election.

Reactions: Banditking
We can authenticate billions of dollars in financial transactions every single day, but somehow counting votes takes a week or two.

This is why people get suspicious about the process.

No. This is why people get suspicious about the process.

1371.gif

50 different processes and one of 2 major parties "doesn't want the feds running elections". I believe the GOP counts on confusion for messaging.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This nonsense can be easily held up as proof that people who hate bureaucracies are correct in doing so. Simple answers to fixing this shit.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Has Nevada even counted any votes today. Arizona hasn’t been much better. Come on already.

This nonsense can be easily held up as proof that people who hate bureaucracies are correct in doing so. Simple answers to fixing this shit.
Is it bureaucrats or legalities? I know at least in Pennsylvania, they aren’t allowed to start counting until polls close. My vote was counted last week.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Is it bureaucrats or legalities? I know at least in Pennsylvania, they aren’t allowed to start counting until polls close. My vote was counted last week.
Well…whatever you want to call it. It should take one person to be able to make that change. Or brought up at a meeting,
Seconded and passed. Stupid.

Well…whatever you want to call it. It should take one person to be able to make that change. Or brought up at a meeting,
Seconded and passed. Stupid.
Well, yes, it should be changed. However, one person doesn’t get to change the laws.

Well, yes, it should be changed. However, one person doesn’t get to change the laws.
Are these “laws”? Or are these “procedures”? Was all of that minutia about when and where different types of votes should be counted voted on by state Congress? Or was it a procedure created by the head of elections and their underlings? If it’s procedure, yes, it can be changed as easily as it was decided.

I'm guessing hanging chads embarrassed them into fixing their shit. I only wish Ferentz would recognize this with his hanging brian problem.
Basically, yes. And no one else seems interested in following their lead, notwithstanding the existing obsession with being confident in results

No. This is why people get suspicious about the process.
You're old enough to remember Democrat election deniers trying to have Florida's electoral votes thrown out:

NYTimes

Black lawmakers defiantly declared at a news conference outside the House chamber that they did not consider Mr. Bush the legitimate president, invoking the civil rights struggle and citing a variety of complaints about voting irregularities in Florida.

''There is overwhelming evidence that George W. Bush did not win this election either by national popular vote or the Florida popular vote,'' said Representative Eddie Bernice Johnson, a Texas Democrat who is the new president of the Congressional Black Caucus. Calling for electoral reforms, she said Mr. Bush should be ''on notice that without justice there will be no peace.''

Democratic leaders had hoped to avoid today's dispute. But more than a dozen House members, most but not all of them black, refused to be silent. There are no black senators.

The first protest came shortly after 1 p.m., after a delegation from the Senate carried in the electoral votes in two wooden boxes bound in leather. With less than a third of the House members there and under half of the Senate, Representative Peter Deutsch, a Florida Democrat, tried to shut down the session for lack of a quorum. He also tried to speak, saying, ''There are many Americans who still believe -- '' only to be drowned out by Republicans asking for him to be silenced for being out of order. Mr. Gore gaveled him down.

Reactions: goldmom
Are these “laws”? Or are these “procedures”? Was all of that minutia about when and where different types of votes should be counted voted on by state Congress? Or was it a procedure created by the head of elections and their underlings? If it’s procedure, yes, it can be changed as easily as it was decided.
Pennsylvania for sure it is a law.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Hopefully, but your still here bro. Hopefully you did also.

CNN is reporting Pima County, AZ still had 159K GD votes to count and may not finish until November 14-15. No way to run an election.
You're telling me that the state that hired the Cyber Ninjas to try to prove that trump really won is having trouble counting votes? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

Reactions: runkpanole
Yeah, this is ridiculous. Has Nevada even counted any votes today. Arizona hasn’t been much better. Come on already.

Votes that come in up to Saturday that were postmarked by Tuesday are still counted. Probably will only be small amount, mail doesn't move that slow. Less than a thousand came in today (Thursday), after tens of thousands on Wednesday.

Basically, yes. And no one else seems interested in following their lead, notwithstanding the existing obsession with being confident in results

Since the hanging butterfly ballots were used in ONE county (Palm Beach) and designed by the Democratic Supervisor of Elections and the rest of the State was not heavily involved it wasn’t difficult to remedy any hitches and irregularities.
Florida has early voting like most other states but the early votes and mailed in ballots are secretly tabulated at intervals ahead of time and thus part of the vote total by the time the polls close on Election Day. I think more states could do a better job and just eliminate this stupid “delay and doubt” issue.

We can authenticate billions of dollars in financial transactions every single day, but somehow counting votes takes a week or two.

In Ariz and NV. they authenticate every signature also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT