ADVERTISEMENT

Scientists say Greenland just opened up a major new ‘floodgate’ of ice into the ocean

If that's what you think, then how would you describe someone who thinks Canada is a US state? Contributing to US GDP with it's 'oil output'?:cool:

Your ability to grasp even the most fundamental of concepts appears to be greatly lacking. You try to make up for it by being a blowhard, but most here can see how foolish you are.
I thought the pipeline started in Alaska. I'll admit it. There, you got one over the mighty Prime. You win this day sir. Now come join me in teaching these NeoCons some lessons.

If that's what you think, then how would you describe someone who thinks Canada is a US state? Contributing to US GDP with it's 'oil output'?:cool:

Your ability to grasp even the most fundamental of concepts appears to be greatly lacking. You try to make up for it by being a blowhard, but most here can see how foolish you are.
I'm easily one of the most well informed here by the way. Maybe not on pipelines, but I'm damn good at most everything else.

Ebbs and flows....losing Ice there gaining it somewhere else.....Meh. Thos guys with all the grant money have to report something to support themselves and stay on the Govt dole.

You get facts here on an almost daily basis and you ignore and/or refuse to believe them. It's a waste of anyone's time to give you facts. You will just continue to sit at your keyboard and bellow ignorance.

Soooooo.....like 3 inches?

How many of you Global Warming alarmists take the bus all the time and don't use electricity? Anyone? Anyone?

If you don't live the lifestyle, shut the hell up about Global Warming.

Ebbs and flows....losing Ice there gaining it somewhere else.....Meh. Thos guys with all the grant money have to report something to support themselves and stay on the Govt dole.

Only the losses far outweigh the gains.

If the land-ice was your bank account, you'd have consistent negative ROI year-over-year....of course...you'd have someone like Inhofe showing you how one particular investment 'made' 10% over last year, but if you looked at your balance sheet, you'd have 10 other investments that all lost 10-15%.

Following your level of ignorance here, you'd continue to insist that 'I make some; I lose some, but my account is fine'.

Reactions: cigaretteman
How many of you Global Warming alarmists take the bus all the time and don't use electricity? Anyone? Anyone?

they think they contribute to the goodness by driving a prius or tesla around here in Austin, crazy hipsters

they wear skinny jeans and go to starbucks

and stand in line for hours to get the next trendy foods from a trailer

they think they contribute to the goodness by driving a prius or tesla around here in Austin, crazy hipsters

they wear skinny jeans and go to starbucks

and stand in line for hours to get the next trendy foods from a trailer

Sounds like a bunch of hypocrites that want someone else's money.

when I was a kid, scientists said we'd be out of oil by now
No, that's not what they said. What they actually said was that the known reserves that could be profitably extracted would be exhausted by now. Which is probably true. But higher prices have reset the profitability point and tech advances have helped identify lots more reserves.

So the peak oil point has shifted quite a bit. Not because they were wrong, but it may seem that way to people too stupid to understand what they were actually saying at the time.

I was a kid in the 1970's. they most certainly were saying in the 1970's that we were gonna run out. This was so the feds could drive prices higher: a fake shortage. And the feds could do deals with the arabs: saying we are out here- we need to get it from there. they were telling us this through the propaganda machines of: our schools and our media, tv. the papers.

"But if you had asked in 1976 what the supply of oil would be like given the demand of 2010, you would have come up with the “Peak Oil” theory then, and we would have supposedly run out of oil decades ago; an ongoing impending crisis."

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...Age-Of-Cheap-Oil-Is-Far-From-Over-Part-1.html

I was a kid in the 1970's. they most certainly were saying in the 1970's that we were gonna run out. This was so the feds could drive prices higher: a fake shortage. And the feds could do deals with the arabs: saying we are out here- we need to get it from there. they were telling us this through the propaganda machines of: our schools and our media, tv. the papers.

"But if you had asked in 1976 what the supply of oil would be like given the demand of 2010, you would have come up with the “Peak Oil” theory then, and we would have supposedly run out of oil decades ago; an ongoing impending crisis."

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...Age-Of-Cheap-Oil-Is-Far-From-Over-Part-1.html

Based on 1970's era technology, they were probably correct.

But now we have far more sophisticated methods of identifying areas for oil exploration, vs. the "good old days" when you just guessed where to put a hole in the ground and hoped. Additionally, sea-bed platforms and methods like frakking have found ways to access previously unrecoverable resources.

Of course, those facts don't fit your preconceived narrative, so I'm fairly certain you will not be able to integrate them into your mindset....

Where did you get the idea that life has to return to the stone age in order to do something about global warming?

Oh...you built that straw man all by yourself? That's cute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT