ADVERTISEMENT

Score one for Guns N Roses

Karaoke has killed their music.

I always liked You Could be Mine, but I listen to them now and they just make my ears bleed. And I was a super fan back In the day.

Rocket Queen
Out ta Get Me
Nightrain

Pretty much interchangeable with anything off of Appetite

Sweet Child O' Mine
Paradise City
November Rain

Coincidentally, these are also the only 3 GNR songs I know off the top of my head so this is probably a poor list.

Still listen to Illusion I and about half of II regularly. The rest for some reason sounds out-dated.

For me, not at the macro level. I can't handle listening to dudes get up and torture their music.

Easy solution to your problem. If you see a sign at a bar that says 'Karaoke from 9-Close!', leave and go to another bar.

Problem solved.

If you are spending so much time listening to karaoke that it is ruining your favorite bands...that's a you problem.

Reactions: MN.HAWK
Easy solution to your problem. If you see a sign at a bar that says 'Karaoke from 9-Close!', leave and go to another bar.

Problem solved.

If you are spending so much time listening to karaoke that it is ruining your favorite bands...that's a you problem.

Point taken....

this is tough

I am going with Civil War, One in a Million, Sweet Child O Mine

Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child would probably be considered the best 3 but you hear them so darn much. I think their first 4 (counting Illusions as 2) albums are up there with any rock band ever. They were all solid front to back with very few misses. Had they kept going, who knows.

Reactions: Noble Hawk
I Used to Love Her
You Could be Mine
Don't Cry

I'm pretty partial to all GnR, but as a poster said Appetite seems dated to me....

Hard to go with just three. Still my go to band from my youth

1. Rocket Queen
2. You could be mine
3. Breakdown.

Mr. Brownstone could rotate in for any of those as well as pretty tied up.

When Izzy Stradlin left the band I followed his solo career for a bit. His first album, Izzy Stadlin and the Ju Ju Hounds, was quite enjoyable. No hits on it, not as "metal' as GnR, but a good listen.

Basically tune them out until Slash has a solo. Then crank it for ~1 min and tune back out. Very overrated band (IMO) outside of Slash.

I like their covers best:
1. Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock-n-roll)
2. Mama Kin
3. Human Being

There were a lot of great sleazy rock-n-roll bands after the Rolling Stones, but none since Guns'n Roses fell apart. RIP

Reactions: hexumhawk
2. Mama Kin
3. Human Being

There were a lot of great sleazy rock-n-roll bands after the Rolling Stones, but none since Guns'n Roses fell apart. RIP

There covers were good. I was fortunate to see them at CHA. Would have loved have seen them when they were no names on the LA music scene.

I was going to buy 'Live Like a Suicide' at a Tower Records one day in late '86 early '87 (before 'Welcome to the Jungle' came out) but bought a Hanoi Rocks LP instead. I could've been way ahead of the curve on GNR but instead became a lifelong fan of the fantastic but forgotten Hanoi Rocks. HR was the best rock-n-roll band of the 1980s IMO and I would've probably missed them had I grabbed the GNR EP. GNR was an absolute beast. I miss them all.

mr brownstone
rocket queen
mama kin
(if you don't call mama kin a gnr song, then i'd Its So Easy)
sorry, everything after appetite for destruction just wasn't great.

this is just off the top of my head - i'd maybe go edit this post later.

Basically tune them out until Slash has a solo. Then crank it for ~1 min and tune back out. Very overrated band (IMO) outside of Slash.
Overplayed but certainly not overrated. Appetite is one of the best rock albums of all time.

2. Mama Kin
3. Human Being

I really liked those early recordings and Move to the City as well.

Do yourself a favor and look up their first live MTV appearance in like 88 at the Roxy. Just pure energy and badassness (made that word up).

Overplayed but certainly not overrated. Appetite is one of the best rock albums of all time.
Like I said, IMO they are overrated. Could very likely be that part of my opinion of them is influenced by them being overplayed.

I also realize my musical tastes are far from something I would boast about. This morning on the way into work I listened to Soundgarden followed by Steve Winwood. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT