ADVERTISEMENT

Sebastian Rivera still arrogant!

I certainly thought that Mueller would be a better match up for Lee than Rivera but I would honestly take Lee over Rivera if they wrestled a third time anyway. To say Rivera is not at that level when he is 2 and 0 this season against junior world champ Lee doesn't add up to me. Don't downplay the competition, Rivera is VERY good and a threat to Lee the next two years. Here's hoping that Lee can be the next 4x champ all the same

I certainly thought that Mueller would be a better match up for Lee than Rivera but I would honestly take Lee over Rivera if they wrestled a third time anyway. To say Rivera is not at that level when he is 2 and 0 this season against junior world champ Lee doesn't add up to me. Don't downplay the competition, Rivera is VERY good and a threat to Lee the next two years. Here's hoping that Lee can be the next 4x champ all the same

A 100% healthy Spencer Lee majors Rivera next year.

Himself Howe and Brewer all knew deep down this was the year they a shot at beating him.
Rivera runs around the mat like he won the NCAA title both times after beating Lee and the best part for me after Lee destroys him next year is Lee will just take off his ankle bands shake hands and walk off the mat. No antics no big deal.

Iowa was avoiding him at the dual, there is no legit reason to get upset at him for calling out the Hawks behavior and actions

Iowa was avoiding him at the dual, there is no legit reason to get upset at him for calling out the Hawks behavior and actions
There are legit reasons Lee didn't wrestle. Protecting Lee's health is the correct behavior and action.

Reactions: natchrlman
Hes a Jersey boy, what do you expect. He trained all year just to beat Lee, that he didn't prepare for or acknowledge there would be another threat.
As far as his ability in folk style to freestyle we will see, it's not as easy a transition as he thinks.
No respect at all for Glory whispers a true freshman against a redshirt soph. Honestly I think Glory has more upside and needs to get stronger.

Reactions: DirkTang1

Precisely. As happy as I am for Spencer's win, he has yet to beat Rivera this year. You can't "legitimately" dismiss Rivera.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scryed
Healthy lee
Precisely. As happy as I am for Spencer's win, he has yet to beat Rivera. You can't "legitimately" dismiss Rivera.
And iowa has never won a national championship since wrestling began a few years ago. Love the education hawk fans get on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionlover

Precisely. As happy as I am for Spencer's win, he has yet to beat Rivera. You can't "legitimately" dismiss Rivera.
Once Lee gets his strength back, Rivera better not go down or give up a td or he’ll get teched.

Because he’s only beaten Spencer when we was sick and recovering.

Are you really this stupid?

Oh...so you want to 100% dismiss any notion that Rivera's improvement was a non factor? Maybe so. But, I am smart enough to wait until next year before I want to make a definitive statement.

Because he’s only beaten Spencer when we was sick and recovering.

Are you really this stupid?

Oh...so you want to 100% dismiss any notion that Rivera's improvement was a non factor? Maybe so. But, I am smart enough to wait until next year before I want to make a definitive statement.

Care to make a wager? I already said it will at least be a major.

Hot take.....Rivera places worse than 3rd next year if Lee wrestles and does not take a redshirt.

Himself Howe and Brewer all knew deep down this was the year they a shot at beating him.
Rivera runs around the mat like he won the NCAA title both times after beating Lee and the best part for me after Lee destroys him next year is Lee will just take off his ankle bands shake hands and walk off the mat. No antics no big deal.
And then compliment Rivera in the post match interview

Except that they are 2-2 against each other, with Lee owning 3 and 12 point wins and Rivera having 4 and 2 point wins
And the 2 point win being at least slightly controversial. But to LionLovers point, Rivera has beaten Spencer and only Spencer, his family and the staff will ever really know if he was healthy this year or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT