ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Sunday sucks with no Iowa

Typically the selection shows are fun to watch, but it really sucks knowing Iowa will not be called. This program has to do better moving forward. Consistently being called every year should be the benchmark.
Until this year Iowa had one of the longest consecutive bid streak in the country. It sucks that Iowa couldn't ever get out of the first round on any of them, but they got invites. It happens and it sucks when it does. Hopefully next year will be different. Iowa pretty much landed on the bullseye for where my expectations were before the season started. That's a good thing too because for 2/3 the season it looked like they were going to be far, far worse.

Typically the selection shows are fun to watch, but it really sucks knowing Iowa will not be called. This program has to do better moving forward. Consistently being called every year should be the benchmark.
Agree!!!!

Hawks had opportunities in their last 2 games and couldn’t close the deal. I’m a big fan but when the moment arrives you have to take advantage or take your ball and go home
Didn't lead for one second last two games. 😕
Hope it's 6 years before Hawks sit out another NCAA tournament.

Well, that’s the majority of years.

Yes, I have no interest in watching the mens NCAA at all. Can't wait for MLB to get started.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Until this year Iowa had one of the longest consecutive bid streak in the country. It sucks that Iowa couldn't ever get out of the first round on any of them, but they got invites. It happens and it sucks when it does. Hopefully next year will be different. Iowa pretty much landed on the bullseye for where my expectations were before the season started. That's a good thing too because for 2/3 the season it looked like they were going to be far, far worse.
4 was one of the longest bid streaks in the country?

No, looks like 4 was one of the longest in the country. It kind of does put it in perspective a bit I think. This data does not include this season, obviously.

Yeah, surprised me when I saw that too. Or maybe it was just the Big 10 they were talking about but fewer teams make it every single year than you think.
No, looks like 4 was one of the longest in the country. It kind of does put it in perspective a bit I think. This data does not include this season, obviously.

That is surprising. Of course, I'd rather we miss the Tourney every once in a while and accidentally get to the Sweet 16 more than every 25 years or so.

I'll bet everyone here can fill out at least one spot in this quiz:

Reactions: BioHawk
Can't say I'll enjoy it much, but at least we aren't crying like children and taking our ball and going home like Oklahoma, Pitt, or St. John's. Men's basketball isn't where the action's at this year anyway.
Yep PGA is getting all the attention this year

every year is not reasonable unless you are kansas or uconn or unc.

You can have an off year if you have deeper runs in the tournament from time to time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT