ADVERTISEMENT

Semi driver on meth kills 7 in Oregon.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Sad deal. Always assume truck drivers are on drugs, sleep deprived, in the phone, angry posting about the Libs, or watching season 2 of Stranger Things while driving down the road. Maybe more than one of these things at a time.

Sad deal. Always assume truck drivers are on drugs, sleep deprived, in the phone, angry posting about the Libs, or watching season 2 of Stranger Things while driving down the road. Maybe more than one of these things at a time.

Probably started out on weed then gatewayed to Meth.

Something I’ve noticed in regard to truckers is how many of them are driving faster these days. It’s not uncommon anymore to be passed or paced by truckers at 75 or 80 mph. Sometimes even more. That was unheard of not so long ago.
Our newer large company trucks are equipped with technology crap that "governs" the top speed at 71.

Oh sure, we celebrated our pilots killing people while on meth in WWII but when a working stuff does it we’re outraged.

I had a friend in college who was very well put together (very successful in business now), got really good grades and was just a great, clean dude. It came out one night that that he was a severe meth addict from 9th grade to the end of 11th grade. Total "WTF?" moment.

I was like, "dude...wtf possessed you do to that shit?"
Him: I had a girlfriend who got me into it. Promise me you won't ever try it, it's the greatest F'ing thing you'll ever do in your life.

A statement that I still find terrifying.

• Wow
Reactions: The Tradition
I've had 3 randoms this school year alone. I've never had a year with less than 2.

I honestly don't know how someone could operate that large a vehicle on speed/coke/meth. The LAST thing I want to be is all jittery for hours on end driving a mobile home sized vehicle doing 70 mph.

Trumpers are the worst. Flying down the road at crazy rates of speed, on drugs with no regard to their fellow citizens. SOTE.

Wait, I meant Truckers.

Our newer large company trucks are equipped with technology crap that "governs" the top speed at 71.

I've driven enough school trips on I80 and I380 to say that any semi trailer rig doing over this speed is extremely rare.

Most seem to be governed at 65 or 70. There's a few rabbits that go 75 but none that go faster that I see.

For the record, my Bluebird is governed at 75. Most times on interstates, I'll hang out in the right lane at whatever speed it takes to maintain decent distances from traffic. Open space is my friend and I want to have options considering my "cargo" is human beings.

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
I don’t get why the article is even mentioning meth. Seems like more anti-drug propaganda to me.

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring.
He admitted to using meth and had some in his possession.

Reactions: Moral
I was like, "dude...wtf possessed you do to that shit?"
Him: I had a girlfriend who got me into it. Promise me you won't ever try it, it's the greatest F'ing thing you'll ever do in your life.

A statement that I still find terrifying.

Your friend was either poor and never had the opportunity to try good drugs or was lying to you. Meth is a garbage drug and no one with a discerning palate would put it in the top 20 of great drugs all time.
Stomped on cocaine 6 levels down from the distributor is better than meth. Do your friend a favor and take him down to Bolivia for a long weekend and let him try some pure cocaine, it will change his opinion about that meth garbage.

Reactions: dgordo
Your friend was either poor and never had the opportunity to try good drugs or was lying to you. Meth is a garbage drug and no one with a discerning palate would put it in the top 20 of great drugs all time.
Stomped on cocaine 6 levels down from the distributor is better than meth. Do your friend a favor and take him down to Bolivia for a long weekend and let him try some pure cocaine, it will change his opinion about that meth garbage.
Lol—he was 14, I’m not real sure how many “good drugs” he would have had his hands on at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT