ADVERTISEMENT

semi-OT: Prime at Nebby - who you got and why

So odd to see a Husker QB with no intention of taking off. Even with Haarberg in the wildcat, Raiola split wide and just stood still. It looks like Rhule has seen what it take to survive the B1G.
I think he'll be good one. I still have more faith in our defense this year however.

Reactions: Gimmered
I think he'll be good one. I still have more faith in our defense this year however.
Nebraska's defense was improved greatly last year, certainly good enough to win games, It should be better in year 2 of the new system. The offense was really bad, the lowest points per game since 1968. But even with that, if they stop turnovers they win games.

Reactions: Fade-To-Black
Nebraska's defense was improved greatly last year, certainly good enough to win games, It should be better in year 2 of the new system. The offense was really bad, the lowest points per game since 1968. But even with that, if they stop turnovers they win games.
I absolutely believe this year is a possible resurgence for Nebby but I've said that in the past. The defense is better but UTEP isn't a shining example of what will transpire. Just like Illinois St. isn't for us. I want you guys to be good though because I want Iowa to beat you while you guys are good. I haven't felt Nebby was truly good for about a decade. Up to them to show us. I want this rivalry to mean more nationally.

I think you guys take care of business this time around vs. Colorado.

Colorado’s not a good team. Nebby has a salty D, d there O seems to have a pulse this year. Night game…place will be rocking. N buy two scores minimum…

Honestly, Nebraska is my true rival and one that I actively enjoy being a part of. I have nothing against them and recognize their former glory. I do struggle with people that live in denial currently but mostly, my banter with Nebraska fans is fine. ISU is a relatively distant second and they're only there because I can't stand many of their fans for, again, delusional thoughts about their current program.

I think Nebraska beats Colorado in all honesty. I think their coach is the best they've had in a long while. However, currently, they're only one injury away from having a terrible season. Better keep Raiola healthy.

Can say that about 80% of the teams in the B1G…including us.

I absolutely believe this year is a possible resurgence for Nebby but I've said that in the past. The defense is better but UTEP isn't a shining example of what will transpire. Just like Illinois St. isn't for us. I want you guys to be good though because I want Iowa to beat you while you guys are good. I haven't felt Nebby was truly good for about a decade. Up to them to show us. I want this rivalry to mean more nationally.

I think you guys take care of business this time around vs. Colorado.
I'm ready to take it 1 step at a time. Get us to a bowl game, beat Colorado and of course Iowa. ;)
If we beat Colorado, I think we'll be bowl eligible before we go to Ohio State in game 8. That will be huge.

I went back and rewatched the game when Raiola was in, he was knocked down 1 time, his only sack, and ran out of the pocket one other while he threw the ball away. The game plan is to keep him safe.

We'll see what better defenses can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT