ADVERTISEMENT

Senators Peter Welch (D-VT) & Michael Bennet (D-CO) want Joe to Drop Out. Trump “is on track to win this election & take w/ him the Senate &the House"

And Trump is playing this exactly like he should be, quietly. He can just sit back and let everyone else, including other Democrats, do the dirty work.

This is one of the few times that Trump has shown restraint and like you said, it's working quite well for him.

Don't you think he wants to face Biden again in September in a debate?

Reactions: jasonrann
This is one of the few times that Trump has shown restraint and like you said, it's working quite well for him.

Don't you think he wants to face Biden again in September in a debate?
100%, yes. If the debate happens, he should carry that approach into the debate as well. If Biden is in as bad of shape as he was last time, Trump can literally stand up there quietly and only answer questions as needed. It's a layup.

It may have been posted in one of the other threads - White House insider told MSNBC that internal polling shows a disaster with Biden on the ballot, the Dems would lose the House so badly that it would also hurt their chances there for 2026.

100%, yes. If the debate happens, he should carry that approach into the debate as well. If Biden is in as bad of shape as he was last time, Trump can literally stand up there quietly and only answer questions as needed. It's a layup.

the first debate was kind of a lay up for Trump.... the time when Trump said "I have no idea what he just said; I don't think he knows, either," was incredibly damaging....

and if Biden stays in the race, just think what the attack ads will look like

Reactions: jasonrann
It may have been posted in one of the other threads - White House insider told MSNBC that internal polling shows a disaster with Biden on the ballot, the Dems would lose the House so badly that it would also hurt their chances there for 2026.

the pressure is going to continue to build....

Reactions: h-hawk
The sumbitch will do ANYTHING to stay out of prison!

Joel, I am so ready for a 3rd party. I think the whole country is. Too many people are going to leave their choice for President blank in November because they are disgusted with the choices that the Republican and Democratic parties have given us.

I know people are dismissive about the "abandon Biden" campaign started by Muslims in all of the swing states but how many votes will Biden not get because of that? These people are on record stating they will either vote for Trump or leave their choice for president blank. That could give Michigan to Trump, for example.

And back to Trump: I honestly don't know how Trump does it (staying out of jail); his lawyers must be working around the clock.

Joel, I am so ready for a 3rd party. I think the whole country is. Too many people are going to leave their choice for President blank in November because they are disgusted with the choices that the Republican and Democratic parties have given us.

I know people are dismissive about the "abandon Biden" campaign started by Muslims in all of the swing states but how many votes will Biden not get because of that? These people are on record stating they will either vote for Trump or leave their choice for president blank. That could give Michigan to Trump, for example.

And back to Trump: I honestly don't know how Trump does it (staying out of jail); his lawyers must be working around the clock.
There is no room for a “third party” in America. I wish these guys would get back to governing instead of tilting the field in their favor.
WTF is a “third party” gonna do? The phuquin’ GOP is destroying itself faster than the Dems are. It’s a race to the bottom.

There is no room for a “third party” in America. I wish these guys would get back to governing instead of tilting the field in their favor.
WTF is a “third party” gonna do? The phuquin’ GOP is destroying itself faster than the Dems are. It’s a race to the bottom.

A third party works with ranked choice voting.

Lets say Romney was running. I could vote for him as my first choice, Biden as my 2nd choice. Lets say Biden was leading, with Trump in 2nd, and Romney in 3rd, but Biden hadn't reached 50% of the vote. My 2nd choice vote would then go to Biden. Once a candidate reaches 50% plus 1, they are the winner. My vote for Romney would matter because, since he didn't make the first cut, my vote to Biden also counted/mattered.

Inside sources say dozens of House Dems could call for him to leave in the next 48 hours. If that happens I don't see how he can stay in.

I just checked out 538. Joe is now slightly favored to win. Now I know, I know, polls. But he was slightly favored leading up to the debate, took a small hit after, and now appears to be close to where he was before. So relatively speaking the debate hasn't damaged him at all poll wise.

Michael Bennet (D-CO) is the first US Senator to publicly voice his concern.

Is he right?

The story from the AP:

One Democrat, Sen. Michael Bennet of Colorado, said publicly what he told his colleagues in private — that he believes Trump “is on track to win this election — and maybe win it by a landslide and take with him the Senate and the House."

Stopping short of calling for Biden to drop out, Bennet spoke forcefully on CNN about the danger of a second Trump presidency and said it’s up to the president “to consider” the options. He said he did not hear any other Senate Democrat call for Biden to leave the race.

There were also a handful of senators who defended Biden. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York repeated, “I’ve said before, I’m with Joe.”

And The where are the Republicans who call for Trump to pull out? Any that have criticized him in the past are labeled traitors, The Reps desperately need someone to realize Trump is the traitor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT