ADVERTISEMENT

Sending 9

Happy for you guys and even the PSU faithful..... But I'd love to know the logic on how Morreli and Rhoads got in but Martin didn't at 197 more so Morelli then Rhoads since Rhoads was a starter for most of the year

Reactions: wasdt21
Happy for you guys and even the PSU faithful..... But I'd love to know the logic on how Morreli and Rhoads got in but Martin didn't at 197 more so Morelli then Rhoads since Rhoads was a starter for most of the year
Were there a different amount of wildcards for the weights?

Were there a different amount of wildcards for the weights?
197 had more allocations "stolen" at the conference tourneys. Thus there were 6 guys who earned spots for their conference but didn't get those spots themselves. Only 4 wildcard spots for those 6 guys who earned the allocations so 2 deserving guys were going to be staying home.

--------------------
There was only one upset at 165 which knocked out a pre-qualifier in conf tourney, and five at large spots available. There were six upsets at 197 and only four at large spots. Look at the four at large qualifiers: Franklin, Ness, Smith, Woulfe, and compare their criteria against Martin.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94

Only 1 allocation was "stolen" during the conference tournaments, so there was more room at 165 for guys that didn't earn a spot than at any other weight.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94

A lot of wildcards because most everybody that needed to automatically qualified at the weight.

Really happy for Rhoads. The guy has wrestled tough all season and was able to put it in another gear this past weekend. Good way for a fifth year senior to go out.

Exactly, just think how good he feels after all of the work and then getting this news today. Go get 'em Patrick!! Pop the clutch and get on the stand!!!

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Exactly, just think how good he feels after all of the work and then getting this news today. Go get 'em Patrick!! Pop the clutch and get on the stand!!!
I'm guessing Patrick left the mat in Carver on Sunday with the Iowa fans cheering loudly thinking it may have been the last time to ever wear the black and gold. Happy that he gets this extra chance and is able to get several more matches and help the Hawks. Just hope he doesn't draw the bad draw and get #1 seed in first round like Grothus did at B1G

:(:(
94 I was surprised about martin myself, but not disappointed as i'm sure you can understand.
I do :\
--------------------
There was only one upset at 165 which knocked out a pre-qualifier in conf tourney, and five at large spots available. There were six upsets at 197 and only four at large spots. Look at the four at large qualifiers: Franklin, Ness, Smith, Woulfe, and compare their criteria against Martin.
Only 1 allocation was "stolen" during the conference tournaments, so there was more room at 165 for guys that didn't earn a spot than at any other weight.
A lot of wildcards because most everybody that needed to automatically qualified at the weight.
Thank you guys for the info :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT