ADVERTISEMENT

Serving question about hush puppies.

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

Before Red Lobster had the cheddar bay biscuits, they had hush puppies.

And I worked there cranking the hush puppies.

They had this device on a retractable arm that held the batter and you would crank the hush puppies into the hot oil while moving the device around so they didn't stick together.

The only problem was, they splashed hot grease at the operator. We tried hanging towels around it and putting cardboard barriers up... total shitshow.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
The ones at Long John Silvers were pretty darn good, especially when served on a bed of batter bits.
Yeah, they were alright. I’ll end with this, if given the choice between a good French fry, or hush puppie, it’s fry every time. It’s ok for what it is, but there’s better options.

I’ve had all kinds of hush puppies brosef. I live in hush puppies central(florida). It’s bread batter deep fat fried. There’s no taste to them. Just filler.

Wanna know how I know you only eat at crappy restaurants! :) If it's just bread batter deep fried then you aren't eating good ones. At all. Do you like Famous Dave's BBQ?

Bad ones are bad, but good ones are amazing.

Wanna know how I know you only eat at crappy restaurants! :) If it's just bread batter deep fried then you aren't eating good ones. At all. Do you like Famous Dave's BBQ?

Bad ones are bad, but good ones are amazing.
It might be a bit of a joke. In the area I grew up in, the ONLY reason I knew of hush puppies (outside of the shoe brand) was Long John Silver's.

Florida hush puppies are good. Conch Fritters with cocktail sauce are better. North Carolina tube shaped hush puppies are the best

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Wifey uses her cornbread recipe for hush puppies. The only difference is frying them (spoon fulls dropped into a hot pan of oil) rather than baking the corn bread.
We often add corn kernels and/or peppers.
As mentioned, traditional fare with seafood, but also solid with soups and chilI.
I usually drop some into my bowl of chili/soup to get soft and spoonable.
Frozen and microwave are terms that do not belong in the conversation.
rules-without-them-wed-live-with-animals.gif

Nothing is quite as good as southern cornbread and nothing is quite as bad as the northern version of it.

It might be a bit of a joke. In the area I grew up in, the ONLY reason I knew of hush puppies (outside of the shoe brand) was Long John Silver's.
I got food poisoning at a Long John Silvers once. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. I was really poor back then.

Okay. So I saw this thread title and deliberately waited a little while to let it “percolate” - jumping in only after it reached two pages, so as to enjoy our board’s wonderfully unique talent for turning virtually any reference to breasts into a cornucopia of boobie-themed jpgs and gifs.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Leaving severely dissatisfied. And frankly, more than a little disappointed in you all.

SMDH.

Okay. So I saw this thread title and deliberately waited a little while to let it “percolate” - jumping in only after it reached two pages, so as to enjoy our board’s wonderfully unique talent for turning virtually any reference to breasts into a cornucopia of boobie-themed jpgs and gifs.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Leaving severely dissatisfied. And frankly, more than a little disappointed in you all.

SMDH.
il_794xN.2681018628_69j6.jpg

Trick a friend told me is add a little self rising flour to the cornmeal and they’ll roll over by themselves in the oil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT